To the Jews

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

musiclover123

Sep 6, 2009
Recently, I have noticed what seems to me a disturbing amount of hostility from CC members toward the Jewish people. I blame this mostly on ignorance of the beliefs, culture and history of the Jewish people.

To the Jews, I am sorry. As a Christian, and as a Gentile, I want to apologize for this ignorance, because it tends so often to do more damage than good. To the Orthodox, Reform, Messianic, and even to the non-religious Jew, I’m sorry that so many people don’t understand, or even try to understand, who the Jewish people are.

I do wish that more people would realize that it is not one’s religion that makes a Jew. Judaism is a religion, but it is also an ethnicity and a culture. If you are a Jew, then that is your identity, no matter what religious belief you may hold. Many Christians show hostility to Jews as a whole, without even realizing there are many who share the same beliefs that we Christians do.

As a Christian I realize that the one I call Messiah, Jesus of Nazareth, was a Jew. He came from the seed of Abraham, though Isaac and Jacob. He followed the Jewish law, as did His disciples as fellow Jews, up until Jesus’ crucifixion. Even after this point, Jews who believed Jesus to be the Messiah still followed many Jewish traditions. It was in their culture. These were the same people who later went on to write the New Testament of my Christian Bible.

I have no doubt that I will receive some hostility myself for this letter to the Jews. Possibly from Christians and Jews alike. From Christians, because I have highlighted how many of us are ignorant of where the roots to many of our own beliefs lie. From Jews, because now is the time to mention as a Christian, I do believe Jesus is the Messiah of the Jews as well of the Gentiles. This means that just as with any other person, I believe Jews need also to be born again, as Jesus told Nicodemus in John 3.

With this said, I find the behaviour some show toward Jews who are not born again somewhat appalling. I don’t see Jesus in words that tear down another for beliefs and traditions we are ignorant of, whether this be a Jew or someone of other beliefs. In my opinion, this actually misses the whole point of what Christianity is supposed to be.

A

Abiding

Ive heard alot about people dissing jews. Never been there or met anyone who did.
But being against hard line zionists is a different story. And those who say they are
jews and are not but are from the synagogue of satan dont count.

Judaizers are a pain too. They get so mad when they cant get people to put the Yoke on.

Otherswise i agree.....Hey hows it going Musiclover? :)

C

chycat

In the few years I have been on this earth I have come to think of people in a way that others, of different ages and cultures, do not care to. That is, it is not wise to group all people of one culture or religion as all having the same motives and thought processes in life. Though a lot of us my find a label to put our selves under does not make us all the same, such as there are a wide array of Christians out there, each one different like coloring crayons.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Recently, I have noticed what seems to me a disturbing amount of hostility from CC members toward the Jewish people. .
hi musiclover:
could you link to that thread or post if possible?
i agree that ignorance is one of our greatest enemies.
thank you.
zone.

Romans 1:16
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

May 21, 2009
I guess I been reading different post. I haven't been seeing people be mean to Jewish people. I think it's seldom that people come here saying I'm Jewish. I see people come here who are not Jewish trying to be Jewish. No more Jew nor Greek. Christians. I would hope no one would be mean to any one. We are to pray for Jewish people which I do all the time.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
I guess I been reading different post. I haven't been seeing people be mean to Jewish people. I think it's seldom that people come here saying I'm Jewish. I see people come here who are not Jewish trying to be Jewish. No more Jew nor Greek. Christians. I would hope no one would be mean to any one. We are to pray for Jewish people which I do all the time.
so true. LOL!

musiclover123

Sep 6, 2009
Many of the comments I have seen have been spread out over several threads by several people, but I can give a few examples of times where Jews have obviously felt misunderstood and almost seem to be offended because they are being told their culture is something it isn't.

One of these people I've seen in the forums, but would rather not mention his name because I have no asked his permission to do so. I will say though, that even as a Christian Jew, he seemed a bit bothered by some of the comments made.

I don't disagree with Zone's quote of Romans 1:16, because as I made obvious in my original post, I do believe the gospel is for the Jew and the Gentile. If it wasn't, Jesus would not have sent his disciples to the Jews first, then to the Gentiles after His death.

The second person that I know who has been greatly affected by some of the comments about Jews made here in the forums and in the chat both is a friend of mine. We talk spiritual things, and he seemed sincerely interested and studying more on Christianity so he could make a personal decision to if he believed Jesus to be the Messiah. I'm afraid he has probably given up the pursuit of that now, as well as he has left this site due to comments made. I believe him giving up his pursuit was also affected greatly by the way people were reacting and speaking about the Jewish people.

Someone mentioned having seen people who are not Jewish pretending to be Jewish. I have seen that here as well as other places. I assume you mean they say they're Jewish, or a Messianic Jew, but really aren't, but your definition may vary. I believe anyone who is a Christian can call themselves a Jew in the spiritual sense, but there should be a clear line drawn between that and being a physical Jew.

For Jews, being a Jew is more than religion. Being a Jew is there ethnicity, and it is their race. To tell a Jew that they are no longer Jewish because they are a Christian is most often times insulting. It would be like you telling me that I'm no longer American, or that I'm no longer German, Irish, or Native American, becaue I am now a Christian. Sometimes it just helps to understand the Jewish tradition and mindset on things like this. I don't find traditions such as this one to be much different than the various other traditions other cultures around the world have.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Hi zone!!......................
hi Linda.
you're right about this.
it's actually a real problem for the church AND unsaved jews. it's blurring lines that ought not to be blurred.
The Hebrew Roots Movement is a subtle return to the Law, which is certain death according to James (who ironically is continually used to justify salvation by works!!):

James 2:10
For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

then we have the connection to the Noahide Laws (which is the next step from the Hebrew Roots Movement into Judaism, which is NOT Moses and the prophets).

and of course we have that weird Ten Lost Tribes is America thing going on. LOL!

Doc is totally right: all these have one thing in common: A FOCUS ON THE FLESH, or rebuilding that wall that Christ tore down.

Judaism really needs to be understood for what it is: a RELIGION and a world view. it has little to do with hebrews or jews since anyone can become a jew by converting to judaism.

and, we have the historical fact the the Khazars converted en masse to Talmudism in c. 700AD and spread out over the whole world, calling themselves jews (which really they are since being a jew is really about RELIGION)...which blurs the issue even more!

AYE! trouble trouble trouble.
zone.

C

Consumed

I met a Jewish guy comes here on cc, met him in open chat rooms, he was so defensive from the word go and I asked him why, he replied because he gets attacked for not believing in Jesus and being jewish. We became good friends even though he wouldnt receive Christ. He was great to talk to about OT stuff, names, places, meanings of certain things, learnt heaps. He was seeking truth but all he saw was opposition from ones who was trying to seek truth thru, so his defences stayed up. But he keeps coming back here i noticed so there's hope yet.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
ya.
i had a muslim friend here who experienced the same.
i talk to jews on another forum.
the Gospel is offensive.

musiclover123

Sep 6, 2009
It is true that anyone could convert to Judaism, but surprisingly, even Orthodox Jews do no advocate that people convert. Rabbi's will most often try to disuade the convert at least 3 times before they are allowed to convert. It's not like Jews are trying to turn everyone into Jews.

Although I could be wrong, but I find much of the Hebrew Roots Movement is about people getting away from the Catholic influence on the modern Church. They want to return to what was had in the first century church, which at the time because many of the disciples were Jews, many church practices included Jewish tradition.

Oddly enough, the Noahide laws really have very little to do with the practices of Judaism as well. These are only the seven laws that were given to Noah after he and his family left the ark. In Jewish history, it was seen that these seven laws were those that all man-kind should follow. Of course later with Abraham and Moses we get deeper into the specific Covenant that was made with the Nation of Israel, which would bring forth the Messiah, but then according to the New Testament that Covenant was fulfilled by Jesus' life and death.

By this, the Gentiles who were never bound to the Mosaic Law were still free from it, and the Jews who were were then freed from it, if they accepted what Christ had done. As we can see, some have and some have not accepted this. Nearly every time law is mentioned in the New Testament, it is referring to the Mosaic law. This is also what James was speaking of.

C

Consumed

Sometimes I think we forget that God does the revealing, we just sow seeds or water others and He brings the increase. He has a plan to all this for sure

zone

Jun 13, 2010
It is true that anyone could convert to Judaism, but surprisingly, even Orthodox Jews do no advocate that people convert. Rabbi's will most often try to disuade the convert at least 3 times before they are allowed to convert. It's not like Jews are trying to turn everyone into Jews.

Although I could be wrong, but I find much of the Hebrew Roots Movement is about people getting away from the Catholic influence on the modern Church. They want to return to what was had in the first century church, which at the time because many of the disciples were Jews, many church practices included Jewish tradition.

Oddly enough, the Noahide laws really have very little to do with the practices of Judaism as well. These are only the seven laws that were given to Noah after he and his family left the ark. In Jewish history, it was seen that these seven laws were those that all man-kind should follow. Of course later with Abraham and Moses we get deeper into the specific Covenant that was made with the Nation of Israel, which would bring forth the Messiah, but then according to the New Testament that Covenant was fulfilled by Jesus' life and death.

By this, the Gentiles who were never bound to the Mosaic Law were still free from it, and the Jews who were were then freed from it, if they accepted what Christ had done. As we can see, some have and some have not accepted this. Nearly every time law is mentioned in the New Testament, it is referring to the Mosaic law. This is also what James was speaking of.
all jewish fables, and the Noahide Laws are from Satan himself.
i'm always a little surprised, though by now i ought not to be, at the number of people who start off claiming they know next to nothing about Judaism, or Talmudism or who is and is not a jew.
then we find out there's quite a bit more going on than first meets the eye.

i'm against the Talmud and Rabbinic Judaism (neither of those things are people: one is a satanic religion from Babylon, and the other is its system). these are The Oral Traditions of the Pharisees, and i'll stand against it all until my last breath, for it not only has taken away the key of knowledge for the jewish people about who Jesus is, those who teach it are not entering in themselves.

on top of that, the system (that Theocracy) has an active agenda for (against) christians since it is antichrist.

Hebrews 6:6 is a direct warning about returning to MOSES, never mind MYSTERY BABYLON.

but, what do i know?

BEWARE THE DOCTRINE OF THE PHARISEES.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Sometimes I think we forget that God does the revealing, we just sow seeds or water others and He brings the increase. He has a plan to all this for sure
Romans 10:14
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

May 6, 2011
I dont have a problem with jews in general. Just the ones that try to force aspects of judaism into christianity. No im not going to wear stupid tassles or follow all the jewish festivals. im no jewish. Im sure they are all nice people though...

C

Consumed

Romans 10:14
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
Like I said zone , plant a seed, or water one. Unless we plant one or water as we go "how" your right by saying that. But it is God alone who brings the seed into life, not us at His time and will.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I don't have a problem with Jewish people. However when anyone says that Jesus Christ is NOT Lord and savior, I will rebuke it for the blasphemy that it is.