To those whom the Lord has called

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 4, 2017
True,
Yet he was called.

But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

If I remember correctly moses needed help
Moses needed help, yet how many times in a day does a "christian",
Defend him?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
If I remember correctly moses needed help
Yes, help with dealing with the issues between Israelites since one man could not possibly attend to so many. Yet God had to rebuke Moses because he failed to understand that God had given him a rod with which to deal with other issues. And that rod was used several times throughout his life.

Dec 4, 2017
Yes, help with dealing with the issues between Israelites since one man could not possibly attend to so many. Yet God had to rebuke Moses because he failed to understand that God had given him a rod with which to deal with other issues. And that rod was used several times throughout his life.
A valuable lesson of experience,.
I imagine many people may take on too much of a task, and forget to.ask for help.
Similar to lacking in communication skills.
We already know moses fault in this area,.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
​“Many are called but few are chosen.”

Dec 4, 2017

"If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

Dec 4, 2017
"If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."
Hearing this I am reminded of a shield of faith.
A shield unlike anything that the men of the world have conceived in any fassion or design.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016

“You” refers to the chosen, not to the called. Everyone is called to be a Christian but narrow is the way and few find it. It is not enough to say “I heard my calling” He doesn’t chose those who hear, but only those who hear and do.

Dec 4, 2017

“You” refers to the chosen, not to the called. Everyone is called to be a Christian but narrow is the way and few find it. It is not enough to say “I heard my calling” He doesn’t chose those who hear, but only those who hear and do.
True,
And i recall a few men that answered the call of the Lord with,"I am here".
The few that enter I believe are similar to men of our past.
As our Lord withstood the wilderness in fasting for forty days I was reminded of yehoshua (joshua) and the generation that crossed the yarden (jordan)

"as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us."

"so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting people may know there is none besides me. I am the LORD, and there is no other."

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017
Living Water

The man was not decieved
So from Adam to Noach the Lord's promise unfolds in a tithe from Heaven.

Adam {}Seth
Enosh {}Kenan

Mahalyl {}yarod
Enoch {}Methsayah
Lamech {}Noach

I ask who here knows the meaning of a name.
And even more so the value of two names per generation.

He named him Noach and said,
“He will comfort us in the labor and painful toil of our hands caused by the ground the Lord has cursed.”

30 After Noah was born, Lamech lived 595 years and had other sons and daughters.

31 Altogether, Lamech lived a total of 777 years, and then he died.

Last edited:
A

Ariel82

Moses was a man. A normal man with a great story about His origin and how He survived His birth.. He was supposed to be killed at birth by the orders of Pharaoh.. But by the actions of His mother and the intervention of an Egyptian princess he survived and was brought up as an Egyptian..

But He knew he was a Hebrew and upon seeing the cruelty being put upon the Hebrews in anger he murdered an Egyptian guard and then fled Egypt to the east and was content to live out His days as a sheep herder with the people of that rejoin, until the LORD changed Moses life by visiting Him in the burning bush and selecting him to be a prophet to go back to Egypt and bring about the liberation of the Hebrew people from slavery and bring them to the promised land..

I guess that's a start..
i would add that he was raised by his mother until he was weaned and thus probably learned quite a bit of Hebrew culture because even kids as young as 3 and 4 can tell stories from the Bible.

he was most likely 40 when he killed the Egyptian and fled to the desert and stayed in the wilderness 40 years before encountering the burning bush and lead the Israelites in the desert for 40 years and died at the age of 120.

Deuteronomy 34 v. 7

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Ariel82

​And who is this that was pure in heart when the Lord called him?
Jesus...

trying to figure out the point of this thread...thought it was about Moses but now reading it, i am not sure what its about at all.

Dec 4, 2017
Jesus...

trying to figure out the point of this thread...thought it was about Moses but now reading it, i am not sure what its about at all.
Just asking if anyone could relate.
Of all the men whom the Lord called, who didn't run?

Dec 4, 2017
i would add that he was raised by his mother until he was weaned and thus probably learned quite a bit of Hebrew culture because even kids as young as 3 and 4 can tell stories from the Bible.

he was most likely 40 when he killed the Egyptian and fled to the desert and stayed in the wilderness 40 years before encountering the burning bush and lead the Israelites in the desert for 40 years and died at the age of 120.

Deuteronomy 34 v. 7

Some one did their homework

Blessed is the Name of the Lord

Feb 28, 2016

Some one did their homework

Blessed is the Name of the Lord
=============================================

MATT. 24:21-22.
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake
those days shall be shortened.

And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect
from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Dec 4, 2017
Moses was a man. A normal man with a great story about His origin and how He survived His birth.. He was supposed to be killed at birth by the orders of Pharaoh.. But by the actions of His mother and the intervention of an Egyptian princess he survived and was brought up as an Egyptian..

But He knew he was a Hebrew and upon seeing the cruelty being put upon the Hebrews in anger he murdered an Egyptian guard and then fled Egypt to the east and was content to live out His days as a sheep herder with the people of that rejoin, until the LORD changed Moses life by visiting Him in the burning bush and selecting him to be a prophet to go back to Egypt and bring about the liberation of the Hebrew people from slavery and bring them to the promised land..

I guess that's a start..
"he murdered an Egyptian"
Ive often wondered about this wording.
Because ive read elsewhere that Moses struck or slew the egyptian and hid him in the sand.
it just seemed to me that something more needs to be said concerning this verbiage.
struck, slew, killed, murdered.

Do yo have any further findings about this?

Dec 15, 2015
KJV1Corinthians1;26-29 26. For you see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27. But God hath choosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the thing which are mighty: 28. And base thing of the world, and things which are despised, has God chosen,yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought thing that are; 29. That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
I have come to believe that God does call very normal men.. Because God wants the message to be Him message through a man.. Not the mans message.. God wants people to focus on Him not make gods out of men.. If God Chose men of great presence and great eloquence then maybe people would start glorifying then man.. So He will chose guys like Moses and Jonah men with faults.. So that people will focus on the message and not the messenger..
I'm reminded a bit of Paul with his thorn, and the fact God would not heal him. It kept him humble, so he would not exalt himself.

Dec 4, 2017
I'm reminded a bit of Paul with his thorn, and the fact God would not heal him. It kept him humble, so he would not exalt himself.
true, there is only One Holy seed of promise.

moses was also said to be of the tribe of levi.
and when looking to Bless Yisrayl

i saw 7 children from Leah
and two children from rachel

levi being the third born of leah the fourth born being yhdh and so on.

i wondered if the Lord called a person of levi such as moses to bring out more than the twelve tribes of Yisrayl?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
"he murdered an Egyptian"
Ive often wondered about this wording.
Because ive read elsewhere that Moses struck or slew the egyptian and hid him in the sand.
it just seemed to me that something more needs to be said concerning this verbiage.
struck, slew, killed, murdered.

Do yo have any further findings about this?
If someone punches your friend are you then justified in killing them? No.

If you know a prison guard is unjustly abusing inmates of your local prison are you justified in killing that guard? No.

Moses was not justified in killing that Egyptian guard..

Now if you derive some symbolic meaning out of what Moses did with the body of the Egyptian then that is an entirely different matter.. Deep symbolic meanings can be derived from all kinds of happenings in the scriptures.. Good happenings and evil happenings.. Just because a deep and meaningful "shadow" ( Colossians 2:16-17) has been discovered from a happening in the Bible does not then make that happening automatically good and justified..