Today

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FlSnookman7

Jun 27, 2015
I am not sure where to post this so I will post it here.

An amazing thing happened to me today on my way to work. Due to past bad decisions I do not drive, so I was waiting on the bus when across the street a man pulled up in a convertible jag, nice suit, no rush at all. I started thinking about all the poor decisions I have made in life and feeling sorry for myself for having to ride the bus. As I sat down on the bus I was still looking left at the car when I glanced to my right. Outside the window was a homeless person trying to sleep at the bus stop. As I looked at him a man in a wheelchair got on the bus. I felt small indeed.

How can I so quickly forget all the blessings God is giving me? I have a job, I have a place to stay, I can walk and I am no longer the wretched creature I once was. I almost fell into satan's other trap of feeling unworthy when I remembered that it is God who makes me worthy. Today I will strive to stay humble and thankful and always be grateful that God keeps me and gives me just what I need. Thank you Jesus.

S

SpoonJuly

I am not sure where to post this so I will post it here.

An amazing thing happened to me today on my way to work. Due to past bad decisions I do not drive, so I was waiting on the bus when across the street a man pulled up in a convertible jag, nice suit, no rush at all. I started thinking about all the poor decisions I have made in life and feeling sorry for myself for having to ride the bus. As I sat down on the bus I was still looking left at the car when I glanced to my right. Outside the window was a homeless person trying to sleep at the bus stop. As I looked at him a man in a wheelchair got on the bus. I felt small indeed.

How can I so quickly forget all the blessings God is giving me? I have a job, I have a place to stay, I can walk and I am no longer the wretched creature I once was. I almost fell into satan's other trap of feeling unworthy when I remembered that it is God who makes me worthy. Today I will strive to stay humble and thankful and always be grateful that God keeps me and gives me just what I need. Thank you Jesus.
Any time I get down, I just remember those like you spoke of and how blessed I am.
God loves me!!!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Love you, Snookman. :) God bless you.

Mar 23, 2016
I can relate to the OP. And yes, the answer is to remain humble before God and thankful to God. These are issues of the heart and as all believers receive a new heart at the time we're born again, the HS can quickly bring wrong thoughts to our remembrance so we remain humble and thankful.

I remember a discussion I had with my daughter when she was a teenager. She wanted to do something that in my opinion was not in her best interest (spiritually speaking). I don't recall now what it was that she wanted to do, I just remember that I thought it was something that would cause her to be ashamed.

So I told her one day she would look back and ask herself what benefit did [ I ] reap at that time from the things [ I am ] now ashamed of? (Romans 6:21).

My daughter replied "But I want to have fun right now!!!"

Sometimes we learn the lesson the hard way and sometimes we actually listen to God when He directs our paths. And I have looked back at some of the idiotic things I've done in order to see when God tried to direct me and I didn't listen, then ended up off track, then praying that one word prayer "HELP"!!!

Thank God for His mercy, grace, patience, goodness, lovingkindness toward us.

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017
Our hearts are an idol making factory, with that comes remembering all the so-called good times while we were in our un-regenerate state. As mentioned thank God for His mercy, grace and all those attibrutes that bring healing to those scares from our un-regenerate life. Thanks to the Father that it is Him that foreknew, predestined, elected, called and regenerated us to the glorious Gospel of grace. Without His glorious love and mercy for us we would still be out there lost and headed for His eternal flames of judgement that fire is never quenched.

I find it very interesting that the Holy Spirit chose the word unquenchable, it means to satisfy, with the fire being unquenchable those flame are never satisfied in it's judgement of our sins. That is something to think about, this fire of judgement is unquenchable it is never satisfied in it's judgement, the only judgement that satisfied the wrath of god is the life/blood of Christ that He liad down willfully. Matthew 3:11-12

“I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.12 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”