Toxic Masculinity and....Meat?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016

I'm a vegan and I don't have this problem at all, nor does anyone I know who shares this value system. Once you're educated about real food and vitamins, you'll come to appreciate the origin of genuine deficiencies in diet and lifestyle.
How do you get B-12?

Feb 28, 2016
personally, I think 'toxic-masculinity' went out with men capitulating to
wearing 'monkey suits'...

A

AuntieAnt

I kid you not. A feminist has declared that eating meat is toxic masculinity. She claims eating meat symbolizes gender stereotypes. If you are familiar with Watters World you know how funny this was. I posted a link and its worth the watch just to see her try to defend her position.She even advocates for universal health care for animals.rofl People have seriously gone off the reservation.smh

https://conservativetribune.com/fem...kabee&utm_campaign=can&utm_content=2017-12-27

Links seldom work for me.So if it doesn't someone do me a solid and post it plz.

Awww, I actually felt sorry for her. I don’t think it was very nice of the interviewer to mock her by eating steak while she talked. It seems rather mean-spirited and unchivalrous of him. It was apparent that she’s convinced she knows something, she’s just stumped as to what it is or why she believes it. :confused:

I know it’s easy for me to get discombobulated about diet as the internet is full of people’s opinions with a few facts mixed in. But praise God we can fully depend on His word that He created animals and plants for sustenance. I eat as much organic and fresh/raw foods as I can and avoid over-processed packaged food, but I cannot maintain optimum health without eating meat.

As for the belief that veganism prevents killing of animals, I’ve come to realize that mice, rabbits, moles, groundhogs, snakes, etc., are destroyed when fields are plowed up to grow organic trees and plants. In turn, fowls of the air and other wildlife that depend on those rodents in the field are affected. As for deer, foxes, and other wildlife that once lived on that ground, they’re challenged to find other resources for survival. No matter which way I look at it, life sustains life and God created it that way.

I’ve also just began noticing a theme within many of the videos regarding extreme health regimens and notions. The people promoting them all seem to be a tad too New Age-ish, as if it’s a spiritual thing. I get a weird vibe from some of them and feel like a lot of what they’re saying is off base, as with this woman. I think severe vitamin deficiency (particularly B12) may be causing many of them to go off on strange, Mother Earth-type ideas. I do know that eliminating meat entirely from my diet was definitely not a healthy choice for me personally. And substituting soy products was not a solution as processed soy has been proven dangerous to the body. It’s equivalent to eating plastic. :p

So rather than continue to my frantic research on the internet filled with man’s understanding, I’m just going to rely on God’s Word. Otherwise, I’m as susceptible to peculiar ideas as this forlorn nature-worshipping lady blaming men for being toxic to women. :sigh:

Man looks on the outward appearance, but God looks on the heart. (Samuel)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. (Proverbs)

What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them. (Matthew)

Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him? (Mark)

“Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” (Acts)

All things are lawful for me, but I will not be enslaved by anything. (I Corinthians)

But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. (Galatians)

Let your moderation be known to all men. (Philippians)

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I thought I was just cooking my dinner...

I had no idea I was roasting up a pot full of toxic masculinity.

But if my toxic masculinity keeps the feminists away, I guess it's fine.

: )

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Um, what? I don't know if you have ever experienced sitting beside a man who has his legs jacked so far open that he is basically squishing you into a corner of the space YOU paid for. It is extremely uncomfortable, and terribly inconsiderate of the man :p:(:p
Ooh Magenta...I actually laughed out loud when I read this hahaha...I know what you mean , and its not easy to say " Sir, do you mind closing your legs " , and why do men do that, it can`t be a man thing because not all men sit that way :rolleyes:...xox...

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Ooh Magenta...I actually laughed out loud when I read this hahaha...I know what you mean , and its not easy to say " Sir, do you mind closing your legs " , and why do men do that, it can`t be a man thing because not all men sit that way :rolleyes:...xox...
Some men are more than others.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
The only way I would be vegan is if I were transported to some parallel universe where meat doesn't exist

S

Susanna

The only way I would be vegan is if I were transported to some parallel universe where meat doesn't exist
I think someone would have invented bbq in that parallel universe, don't you think?

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I'm He-Man, Grill Master of the Universe.

Dec 16, 2012
How do you get B-12?
I often hear "I had to go back to eating animals, because I was b12 deficient." It's worth considering if veganism caused this deficiency or if it was pre-existing. Needs for it can be easily established in carrots, squash, apricots, papaya, broccoli, mangoes, avocado, peaches, peppers and melons.

It's very easy to throw in a clip and paint veganism with an entire broad brush stroke by onlookers who don't care to know any better. However, the same careless method could be used for any person or practice in life which is the opposite approach of what God's word encourages us to do. There's so many misunderstandings and prejudices against the lifestyle and it takes earnest study and care about food, health and ecosystems to appreciate the value in it all, otherwise the false claims just amount to no motivation and indifference towards it all.

The B12 is a water soluble vitamin. It is a bacteria found in soil and it's essential for formation of red blood cells and in the health of our nerve tissue. B12 is unique because it has a trace mineral called 'cobalt' and hence the scientific name cobalamin. C
obalt is found in the soil and if the soil is deficient which a lot of our soil today is from modern farming methods, then there is no b12 in the produce. Without cobalt, you cannot create b12. Contrary to popular meat and dairy industry propaganda and well meaning doctors, eating meat, seafood, dairy and eggs does not protect you from b12 deficiency. In addition it can make you more susceptible to b12 deficiency as meat will not provide you b12 since there's many processes between the ingestion and absorption.

Humans aren't designed to eat meat therefore our bodies are not equipped to deal with the unnaturally high doses of hydrochloric acid produced in an attempt to digest it (affecting b12 production and absorption). If you're interested in learning and changing, consider raw, organic kale and seaweed, if not, I'll leave you to the consequences of the ensuing lifestyle.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I often hear "I had to go back to eating animals, because I was b12 deficient." It's worth considering if veganism caused this deficiency or if it was pre-existing. Needs for it can be easily established in carrots, squash, apricots, papaya, broccoli, mangoes, avocado, peaches, peppers and melons.

I had to go back to eating animals because I was animal deficient.

After eating a few harmless animals with big doe eyes I feel much better.

K

kaylagrl

I had to go back to eating animals because I was animal deficient.

After eating a few harmless animals with big doe eyes I feel much better.

Deer is a little too gamey for me. My grandfather was a hunter and he ate a lot of things I wouldn't. I did taste rabbit,wasn't impressed. Seal didn't look too appetizing either.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016

It's very easy to throw in a clip and paint veganism with an entire broad brush stroke by onlookers who don't care to know any better. However, the same careless method could be used for any person or practice in life which is the opposite approach of what God's word encourages us to do. There's so many misunderstandings and prejudices against the lifestyle and it takes earnest study and care about food, health and ecosystems to appreciate the value in it all, otherwise the false claims just amount to no motivation and indifference towards it all.

The B12 is a water soluble vitamin. It is a bacteria found in soil and it's essential for formation of red blood cells and in the health of our nerve tissue. B12 is unique because it has a trace mineral called 'cobalt' and hence the scientific name cobalamin. C
obalt is found in the soil and if the soil is deficient which a lot of our soil today is from modern farming methods, then there is no b12 in the produce. Without cobalt, you cannot create b12. Contrary to popular meat and dairy industry propaganda and well meaning doctors, eating meat, seafood, dairy and eggs does not protect you from b12 deficiency. In addition it can make you more susceptible to b12 deficiency as meat will not provide you b12 since there's many processes between the ingestion and absorption.

Humans aren't designed to eat meat therefore our bodies are not equipped to deal with the unnaturally high doses of hydrochloric acid produced in an attempt to digest it (affecting b12 production and absorption). If you're interested in learning and changing, consider raw, organic kale and seaweed, if not, I'll leave you to the consequences of the ensuing lifestyle.
Vitamin B12 is naturally found in animal products, including fish, meat, poultry, eggs, milk, and milk products. Vitamin B12 is generally not present in plant foods, but fortified breakfast cereals are a readily available source of vitamin B12 with high bioavailability for vegetarians [5,13-15].Feb 11, 2016
Vitamin B12 — Health Professional Fact Sheet - Office of Dietary ...

Here is a link to an article about how humans are designed to eat meat.

Does Meat Rot In Your Colon? No. What Does? Beans, Grains, and Vegetables!

I know you probably feel like it's more ethical to be vegan, but the facts don't support it.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Deer is a little too gamey for me. My grandfather was a hunter and he ate a lot of things I wouldn't. I did taste rabbit,wasn't impressed. Seal didn't look too appetizing either.
The problem with deer, it's too lean.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
slow cook it and add it to chili.... its fine
When I was a meat cutter, we saved the beef fat we trimmed for the hunters. You can make some fine bambi burgers with beef fat.

N

NoNameMcgee

When I was a meat cutter, we saved the beef fat we trimmed for the hunters. You can make some fine bambi burgers with beef fat.
lol you caught my post before i deleted it....

well done

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
You can get all your fruits and vegetables from just eating vegetarians.

I mean... ya know... hypothetically.

Like if I was lost at sea in a life boat with nothing to eat but some canned stew, a few biscuits, and a vegetarian -

I think we know which would be more healthy.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Feminism is dead...
I wish that was true.. But sadly it's third wave variant is out there laying waste to our culture and leading our culture to destruction and collapse..

N

NoNameMcgee

Why do you do that?

I get so many email notifications, that you posted, just to find nothing.
i have no idea really

its almost habit at this point

hahaha

magenta sees most of them