Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 6, 2018
Well, that's what political pandering is all about. It's ok, we're still servicing debt from WWI.
WWII debt was for our National survival. The debt we have today is for entitlements and interest on the debt.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Don't get so riled up with the monkey show last night. It was just another waste of time.

All that congress actually passed was a continuing resolution and a two year "budget". The first is a kick the can stunt, the later is a piece of paper saying this is what the government plans to spend. I guarantee you that rather than the budget passed being the actual spending plan, the appropriations bills (that actually authorize spending) will be more kick the can, and won't even be close to the planned budget.

Jan 6, 2018
Don't get so riled up with the monkey show last night. It was just another waste of time.

All that congress actually passed was a continuing resolution and a two year "budget". The first is a kick the can stunt, the later is a piece of paper saying this is what the government plans to spend. I guarantee you that rather than the budget passed being the actual spending plan, the appropriations bills (that actually authorize spending) will be more kick the can, and won't even be close to the planned budget.
Don't fool yourself. Trump just cemented trillion dollar deficits as permanent.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Don't fool yourself. Trump just cemented trillion dollar deficits as permanent.
Trump cemented nothing. The budget he signed is nothing but a piece of paper. Appropriations bills must authorize the spending.

Do you honestly believe that congress can, nor will, pass any fiscal legislation that will not contain deficit spending? They might pass a budget with no deficit spending, but when the authorization bill hits the street, the total will far exceed the budget amount.

S

Susanna

Well, there's a reason for having bureacrats...they'll make sure things aren't spinning too easily, regardless of direction.

Without the syrup also known as bureaucrats, decisions would be made too hastily...bureaucrats makes sure a decision can't be too harmful...or too good, for that matter...they make sure society moves forward in the correct pace...like it or not, people, but bureaucrats are like Copperheads...there's probably some reason for their existence...though well hidden...lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
WWII debt was for our National survival. The debt we have today is for entitlements and interest on the debt.
I referenced WWI, but regardless, we all pay a debt incurred by people long gone.

3Scoreand10

And now we can thank Trump for keeping the Obama trillions deficit spending going for decades to come.
What government benefits are you willing to give up at this moment?
Cutting spending means each and every one of us must give up benefits.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
The unofficial party line for Dems is debt is good. Even republicans sweep it under the rug. They have been saying for 25 years a out the debt bubble.
The fact that it has not yet occurred just emboldens them. It it will one day eventually pop. When it does, watch out...

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Even the president has limitations. For someone to say "fire him" regarding the debt is insane.

S

Susanna

I don't get it.

Why would anyone believe that a Republican or a Democrat could make any difference?

Regardless of whom is elected President, Congress, House, Dog catcher or whatnot...those politicians are there, yes of course, for some sort of strategic thinking, but mainly to try keeping people and corporate America from beating each other senseless.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
We should really place our anger at the greedy corporations/banks and the Wall Street Fat Cats that helped create the housing debacle in 2008 when the housing bubble burst....

Didn't see many or any of those folks have to pay the price for the blowout. A few wall street firms went under but a whole bunch were bailed out with tax payer dollars... I say we have misplaced anger at political parties when the 1% fat cats need to be held accountable. Of course that never happened and now we hate the political party we aren't a part of.... go figure.

Greedy folks watching the rest of us rip each other a new one and they are still counting their money all the way to the bank.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
We should really place our anger at the greedy corporations/banks and the Wall Street Fat Cats that helped create the housing debacle in 2008 when the housing bubble burst....

Didn't see many or any of those folks have to pay the price for the blowout. A few wall street firms went under but a whole bunch were bailed out with tax payer dollars... I say we have misplaced anger at political parties when the 1% fat cats need to be held accountable. Of course that never happened and now we hate the political party we aren't a part of.... go figure.

Greedy folks watching the rest of us rip each other a new one and they are still counting their money all the way to the bank.
I am not excusing the behavior of Wall street. Still, can we agree that the laws enacted under Clinton (and Bush some too) allowed them to cause the crisis?
And while I certainly don't subscribe to the Dems way of thinking, we do need government oversight to forbid such abuses.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Hokay Lucy 'splain this to me. Obama was responsible for the debt piled up during his reign. Yet Trump is not responsible because congress and the appropriations committees are the ones who actually budget and spend the money.

Are presidents accountable or not?