Trump thanks armed congregants for stopping ‘crazed church shooter’ in Texas

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
..."A gunman opened fire at West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement, killing two of the 240 people present, but he was fatally shot almost immediately when two congregants fired back. " Amen! They be armed in Texas! :D
Full article

God bless and comfort the families and friends of the two congregants who perished in this attack.
Thank God for our second amendment. Amen.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
..."A gunman opened fire at West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement, killing two of the 240 people present, but he was fatally shot almost immediately when two congregants fired back. " Amen! They be armed in Texas! :D
Full article

God bless and comfort the families and friends of the two congregants who perished in this attack.
Yep, the news said there were no less than six armed parishioners ready to stop him. Like the NRA says: It takes an armed good man to stop an armed badman. It would have been far worse if they weren't ready for him. 5bliss-dance.gif

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Trump is by no means the ideal statesman, but our culture is in no shape to produce one at the national level.

But his sentiments regarding the liberty to worship and bear arms are good enough to earn my vote. I'll take it!

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Yep, the news said there were no less than six armed parishioners ready to stop him. Like the NRA says: It takes an armed good man to stop an armed badman. It would have been far worse if they weren't ready for him. View attachment 209304
I wonder how livid the anti-gun, anti-2nd amendment Democrats are over this?
It didn't get much play in the Left wing news media. No surprise.
Much like years ago when an off duty cop was at a theater when a man came in ready to massacre everyone in the lobby. She shot them dead and lives were saved. Not one Left wing news outlet reported this. Partisan politics in media is what makes partisan networks worthy of the charge, they've revoked the meaning of Journalism.

Thank God for these armed folks. Lives are saved, and the life of one who thought they had a right to commit mass murder was stopped.
God have mercy upon them. And God's peace and strength surround those who mourn the good people that did suffer at the hands of this evil.

Trump is by no means the ideal statesman, but our culture is in no shape to produce one at the national level.

But his sentiments regarding the liberty to worship and bear arms are good enough to earn my vote. I'll take it!
Excellent! :)
I have a sticker on my car that reads, Russia didn't make me vote for Trump. Hillary did!

He has my vote in 2020 too. All one need do is review the ridiculous displays of the Democrat hopefuls in their series of debates to date to realize, there isn't a one of them fit for the office.

God bless America, our people, and president Trump and his family , VP Pence and his family, and all who are in service to this great nation. In politics or the military. Bless you all and thank you for your service. Amen.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I remember that! Wasn't it in Colorado Springs?

I wonder how livid the anti-gun, anti-2nd amendment Democrats are over this?
It didn't get much play in the Left wing news media. No surprise.
Much like years ago when an off duty cop was at a theater when a man came in ready to massacre everyone in the lobby. She shot them dead and lives were saved. Not one Left wing news outlet reported this. Partisan politics in media is what makes partisan networks worthy of the charge, they've revoked the meaning of Journalism.

Thank God for these armed folks. Lives are saved, and the life of one who thought they had a right to commit mass murder was stopped.
God have mercy upon them. And God's peace and strength surround those who mourn the good people that did suffer at the hands of this evil.

Excellent! :)
I have a sticker on my car that reads, Russia didn't make me vote for Trump. Hillary did!

He has my vote in 2020 too. All one need do is review the ridiculous displays of the Democrat hopefuls in their series of debates to date to realize, there isn't a one of them fit for the office.

God bless America, our people, and president Trump and his family , VP Pence and his family, and all who are in service to this great nation. In politics or the military. Bless you all and thank you for your service. Amen.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
In regards to the OP, this is not the first time and sure won't be the last where armed citizens kept their sanctuary from being the site of a mass slaughter. Back in 2007 here in Colorado Springs a gunman entered New Life Church with the intent of wreaking havoc. He killed 2 and injured 3 prior to being stopped by an armed member.

The church that I attend has 2 campuses. The main campus utilizes an armed security team (concealed carry) made up of members who have gone through specialized training. The campus that I attend is relatively new and meets in a school so unfortunately having armed persons in attendance is prohibited by federal law so we have to pay local law enforcement to have an off duty cop attend for security.

In light of the number of shootings at churches in recent years (IMO) it is a failing of church leadership if they don't have some form of armed security team (within the bounds of the law of course since some states prohibit firearms in church buildings).

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I would not concern myself with man's law as pertains to being armed at church. In these times, psychopaths that know of the prohibition are like unto those who have slaughtered innocent children after passing by a ridiculous sign posted on campus that reads something like: NO GUNS ZONE!
Meaning that for that psycho about to enter that school, they will meet no armed resistance. Such states might as well post a sign beside that one that reads, like shooting fish in a barrel zone ahead.

I have handguns. If I were inclined to enter a church I'd have one on my person regardless of the law. I'd rather pay the fine and save lives, than be cowering under a pew regretting I thought more of the law than the warning such deviants as those reported in the OP provided by example for anyone who cared to pay attention.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
In regards to the OP, this is not the first time and sure won't be the last where armed citizens kept their sanctuary from being the site of a mass slaughter. Back in 2007 here in Colorado Springs a gunman entered New Life Church with the intent of wreaking havoc. He killed 2 and injured 3 prior to being stopped by an armed member.

The church that I attend has 2 campuses. The main campus utilizes an armed security team (concealed carry) made up of members who have gone through specialized training. The campus that I attend is relatively new and meets in a school so unfortunately having armed persons in attendance is prohibited by federal law so we have to pay local law enforcement to have an off duty cop attend for security.

In light of the number of shootings at churches in recent years (IMO) it is a failing of church leadership if they don't have some form of armed security team (within the bounds of the law of course since some states prohibit firearms in church buildings).
Yes, that law about no guns in church and other places is changing rapidly. I believe it is on a resolution here in Oklahoma and expected to pass.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Thirty five years ago I was the last church elder to come on board with locking the church sanctuary doors. After many hours of prayer, and teenagers vandalizing several community churches, I relented.

It took the Texas church massacre, to convince me that we now have to provide trained armed security.

It breaks my heart to have to admit that there is no place left in this country for a hurting soul to safely seek sanctuary from the torments of the world and feel close enough to Christ to unburden his heart.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Evil and its father know its time is short. I think there is a direct parallel to these kinds of mass homicide terrorism with the fact that , at least in America, we are by law abdicating a moral framework. And when that becomes the law for humankind in any nation, it of course encourages the immoral and even the amoral to express itself fully.

And then, as it is like unto a domino effect, after awhile when evil behavior affects a people on a daily basis, then the law makers who formulated the outline for this to happen, will announce it is the duty of government and our lawmakers to put in place measures that will discourage or halt the evil that the former liberal laws sustained.

The adversary of righteousness roams this world like a hungry lion seeking souls to devour. And yet we're told in scripture that when our Lord died on the cross, He also took away the power of the adversary.

Saint Apostle Paul's letter to the Hebrews chapter 2:Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery.

While the unbelievers are still in the enemies attention.
The Book of 2nd Corinthians chapter 4
4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

S

Susanna

He’s not a statesman, he’s a businessman in the White House😁.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
By definition president Trump is indeed a statesman.
states•man stāts′mən
  • n.

A man who is a leader in national or international affairs.
  • n.

A male political leader regarded as a disinterested promoter of the public good.
  • n.

A man who is a respected leader in a given field.
As well as a businessman. That is what allows him to run a nation that is also a corporation.

S

Susanna

That’s the narrow and formal definition of a statesman. Some real boogers has been known to fit that formal and literal description as well...starting with old Saddam H, Moammar G., Hosni M., Erdogan, R. Mugabe and etc...

😊

S

Susanna

Full article

That’s my Texas❤️. Good ole Lone Star. We ain’t taking s*** from nobody.