Trump to place Andrew Jackson portrait in the Oval Office

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Meanwhile Flint Michigan still doesn't have clean drinking water

Mar 2, 2016
Meanwhile Flint Michigan still doesn't have clean drinking water
Maybe they need to get their democrat leadership to do something about it. Oh..I forgot...they're too busy putting on vagina uniforms and protesting trump.

Mar 2, 2016
this discussion has gone off course. The reason I brought up Jackson was because of his stance against an all powerful centralized bank. I wonder if dude can practice what he preaches and stay on course instead of throwing up straw man after straw man.

presidente

May 29, 2013
And I don't really like abortion but since I don't have any interest in adopting a child then it would be rather hypocritical of me to chastise a woman for having an abortion
If you don't want to bring a drug addict into your home and help him get off drugs, would it be hypocritical to be against executing drug addicts?

Dec 1, 2014
this discussion has gone off course. The reason I brought up Jackson was because of his stance against an all powerful centralized bank. I wonder if dude can practice what he preaches and stay on course instead of throwing up straw man after straw man.
Dude's straw man are forever sinking him into the abyss of incorrigibility. Its embarrassing to see him have the gall to curse President Trump for Flint's water problems.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
If you don't want to bring a drug addict into your home and help him get off drugs, would it be hypocritical to be against executing drug addicts?
Why would we execute drug addicts?..that's just silly

D

Depleted

I don't celebrate him either. He was also a lousy navigator.
Ah, come on! If you're traveling around the world and get lost, can you think of a better place to land than the Carribean Islands? lol

D

Depleted

Its a good thing all those people were totally living peacefully, and totally not going around killing each other.

Everything was good until a big bad European came and ruined everything : p
Except for that cute little tradition they had. The men would round up the women, rape them, keep them in a tent for nine months, until the babies were born and then have a feast of roasted baby limbs. Otherwise, totally peaceful people.

Mar 2, 2016
Except for that cute little tradition they had. The men would round up the women, rape them, keep them in a tent for nine months, until the babies were born and then have a feast of roasted baby limbs. Otherwise, totally peaceful people.
Who did this?

presidente

May 29, 2013
Why would we execute drug addicts?..that's just silly
Silly? It's evil, but not as evil as murdering babies. Governments should protect people's right to live in their societies. That's a bare minimum expectation.

There are governments that execute drug dealers and innocent people accused of drug dealing. I am against that, too.

Mar 2, 2016
Love this by Andrew Jackson

There are, perhaps, few men who can for any great length of time enjoy office and power without being more or less under the influence of feelings unfavorable to the faithful discharge of their public duties. Their integrity may be proof against improper considerations immediately addressed to themselves, but they are apt to acquire a habit of looking with indifference upon the public interests and of tolerating conduct from which an unpracticed man would revolt.
Office is considered as a species of property, and government rather as a means of promoting individual interests than as an instrument created solely for the service of the people. Corruption in some and in others a perversion of correct feelings and principles divert government from its legitimate ends and make it an engine for the support of the few at the expense of the many. The duties of all public officers are, or at least admit of being made, so plain and simple that men of intelligence may readily qualify themselves for their performance; and I cannot but believe that more is lost by the long continuance of men in office than is generally to be gained by their experience. I submit, therefore, to your consideration whether the efficiency of the Government would not be promoted and official industry and integrity better secured by a general extension of the law which limits appointments to four years.
In a country where offices are created solely for the benefit of the people no one man has any more intrinsic right to official station than another. Offices were not established to give support to particular men at the public expense.
No individual wrong is, therefore, done by removal, since neither appointment to nor continuance in office is a matter of right. The incumbent became an officer with a view to public benefits, and when these require his removal they are not to be sacrificed to private interests. It is the people, and they alone, who have a right to complain when a bad officer is substituted for a good one.
He who is removed has the same means of obtaining a living that are enjoyed by the millions who never held office. The proposed limitation would destroy the idea of property now so generally connected with official station, and although individual distress may be sometimes produced, it would, by promoting that rotation which constitutes a leading principle in the republican creed, give healthful action to the system.

presidente

May 29, 2013
They say Jackson ran off with someone else's wife and later married her as a divorced woman. She became very religious in her old age. Henry Clay dug up this dirt on him and used it in an election. Some historians believe the Jackson campaign's counter-accusation that the equivalent of the state department had hired prostitutes overseas, was completely false. Jackson lamented that he hadn't shot Henry Clay. Jackson was the first president in the Democratic Party.

My history teacher in high school said he had a couple of bullets in him from duels.

Jackson went against a decision of the Supreme Court in the way he treated the Indians.

If I had lived back then and was a voter, I'd probably have voted for someone who was not Andrew Jackson. But if the other side was promoting legalized baby killing, I might change my mind.