Trying to Identify Name of a Song

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

don_k

Jan 14, 2018
Hi! Would greatly appreciate some help identifying a song.

In my younger years, I worked at a lot of weddings. One ceremony, a certain song played during a slideshow that I cannot remember. Googling different parts that I can remember hasn't led to the name.

Here's the part of the chorus that I can remember from the song (may not be 100% on each word):

I'll be praying for you
Without even knowing your name
....... (some other lines here)
If we trust in the Lord to guide us
And pray with all of our might
He will bring us together forever
When the time is right

Ring any bells to anyone? Thanks!

don_k

Jan 14, 2018
Hi! Just bumping this to see if anyone knows this song. Still stuck in my head and haven't had any luck searching for it on the web.

U

Ugly

Perhaps providing some sort of musical genre. Rock Ballad? CCM? Acoustic? Electric? Etc...

A

AuntieAnt

Is it "Wait For Me" by Rebecca St. James?

don_k

Jan 14, 2018
Thanks for the suggestion! It's a ballad for sure. Don't remember if the background was an acoustic guitar or a piano. Just for the feel of the song, it was played in a wedding during a slide show that had photos of the couple as they grew together towards the big day.

Appreciate the idea AuntieAnt, but checked the lyrics to that one and it's not the one. Thinking the primary singer was male but not 100%.

don_k

Jan 14, 2018
quick addition - pretty sure the wedding was in 2000, so the song would be from that year or earlier

A

AuntieAnt

Perhaps providing some sort of musical genre. Rock Ballad? CCM? Acoustic? Electric? Etc...
^ What brother Ugly said. Is it Christian rap? Alternative rock? Contemporary?

Jul 20, 2017
I googled the first line and Kesha came up. I googled the second line and got nothing. I only had 10 seconds to look so you might have better luck if you try. Also if the song comes on you can ask your phone what song is this and it will listen and tell you.

don_k

Jan 14, 2018
Thanks. Yeah that's the same problem I've been getting. Every string of words I can remember comes up blank (or as that Kesha song).

Problem is I've only ever heard the song at that one wedding. It must not be very common considering Google comes up blank. Have even tried searching generic terms to fit (christian wedding song [or ballad]). Name will turn up eventually though.

don_k

Jan 14, 2018
Think I finally remembered the missing lines from the chorus. This is how I think it went:

I'll be praying for you
Without even knowing your name.
And deep down inside I hope that you are
Doing just the same.
Cuz if we trust in the Lord to guide us,
And pray with all of our might,
When the time is right.

Couple words may not be exact but that's my best recollection. It's a slow ballad w/ an acoustic guitar background. Lead singer is a male. Year is 2000 or earlier. Hope this is enough to extract the song title from someone's memory. Thanks!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
There are always some guys around here claiming to be prophets...

I think all you have to do is ask one of them.

don_k

Jan 14, 2018
Quick bump to this.

Still not having any luck finding the name of this song. Anyone have an idea what it is?

Thanks for the help.

J

joefizz

In my younger years, I worked at a lot of weddings. One ceremony, a certain song played during a slideshow that I cannot remember. Googling different parts that I can remember hasn't led to the name.

Here's the part of the chorus that I can remember from the song (may not be 100% on each word):

I'll be praying for you
When the time is right

Interesting,and you posted this also in another Christian chat style site that I'm a member of so maybe I can help more "efficiently".

J

joefizz

I'll be praying for you
When the time is right

Think I finally remembered the missing lines from the chorus. This is how I think it went:

I'll be praying for you
Without even knowing your name.
And deep down inside I hope that you are
Doing just the same.
Cuz if we trust in the Lord to guide us,
And pray with all of our might,
When the time is right.

Couple words may not be exact but that's my best recollection. It's a slow ballad w/ an acoustic guitar background. Lead singer is a male. Year is 2000 or earlier. Hope this is enough to extract the song title from someone's memory. Thanks!
Hmm actually one question you are "actually serious" right?
because strangely enough both of these posts here on Christian Chat,match pretty much exactly with the two posts on the "other" Christian site,just wanna be sure you aren't "sending people on a wild goose chase" for "fun" that might sound "odd" but I've seen it happen before,please answer me,and then I'll see what to do.

J

joefizz

Anyways gotta get some sleep I have a double shift again good night everyone and may God bless you all!

don_k

Jan 14, 2018
Hi. The post in two different sites was to try and reach as many people as possible. I just cut/paste the same post on each. This is definitely a real search and not a wild goose chase, so to speak.

I was searching for the same thing a few years back and found a thread where someone mentioned the song but didn't know the name either. Since that link wasn't popping up on Google, and since various Google search strings didn't reveal the name, I figured this would be the best way to possibly find the name. Appreciate your help.