Unicorns

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
actually had someone ask about this.
interesting answer.

Why Does The Bible Mention Unicorns?

http://creationtoday.org/why-does-the-bible-mention-unicorns/

Numbers 23:22 “God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.”

Numbers 24:8 “God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows.”

Job 39:9 “Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?”

Job 39:10 “Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?”

Psalms 29:6 “He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.”

Psalms 92:10 “But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.”

Deuteronomy 33:17 “His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.”

Psalms 22:21 “Save me from the lion’s mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.”

Isaiah 34:7 “And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.”

Dec 12, 2013
I have heard it was a Rhino.....Not saying I believe that, just saying I have heard it......the bible also speaks of DRAGONS ;)

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I wondered about that as well, but was told that in "olden" days, the rhinoceros was called a uni-corn, or uni-horn.

Doesn't seem to fit with those passages very well, though. Anyone that has seen how a rhino moves would never imagine one "skipping".... even a young one.

While they can move pretty quickly, they are much more ponderous and deliberate in movement.

Nov 22, 2015
Here is another thought on it. It seems "unicorn" is the word the KJV translators used.

The noun [FONT="Gentium" !important]reʾfim[/FONT], "wild ox," always occurs in the OT as a symbol of a wild, strong beast.

Complete Biblical Library Hebrew-English Dictionary - The Complete Biblical Library Hebrew-English Dictionary – Pe-Resh

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Although, who woulda thunk it?

rhino.jpg

Nov 12, 2015
Speaking of odd animals, in Job, God describes one and smoke comes from its nostrils. And I'd have to look again, but pretty sure fire emits when another animal sneezes somewhere in Job. Very odd.

Nov 22, 2015
Speaking of odd animals, in Job, God describes one and smoke comes from its nostrils. And I'd have to look again, but pretty sure fire emits when another animal sneezes somewhere in Job. Very odd.
Perhaps it was a fire breathing mother in law? They do exist - even to this day...;)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
<~ Do we need pictures of unicorns?
:eek: For Jay...

Unicorn-And-Fairy.jpg

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
You know the bible speaks of mythical creatures that are only seen as fantasy like unicorns and dragons and even in ancient stone tablets of all kind so of regions and religions some of them show a dragon or another mythical creature on them and for such creatures to be spoken of in the lore of all kinds of people all around the world and to be shown on tablets and scrolls around the world I would think that is not a coincidence

Nov 12, 2015
Perhaps it was a fire breathing mother in law? They do exist - even to this day...;)

Too bad the unicorns died off instead of the mother-in-laws? Look at that pretty little thing blowing a cute puff of fire. My mother in law would have destroyed her!

Nov 12, 2015
You know the bible speaks of mythical creatures that are only seen as fantasy like unicorns and dragons and even in ancient stone tablets of all kind so of regions and religions some of them show a dragon or another mythical creature on them and for such creatures to be spoken of in the lore of all kinds of people all around the world and to be shown on tablets and scrolls around the world I would think that is not a coincidence
They say Job was written before a lot of the other scriptures. We could surmise that there were some animals that may have died off...one man could have just made up the first story of the first dragon I guess, or it could have some kind of foundation of some sort...

Dec 12, 2013
The bible speaks of dragons and even Lucifer is called that old dragon and serpent......many cultures have records of dragons and I think the precious stones that were his covering is possibly indicative of the color of his scales before he fell.....I have no problem believing that fire breathing reptiles (dragons) were a possibility based upon the following....

Having said that.....I will add...

We have animals, fish and eels that produce lethal electricity/amps
We have bugs that chemically produce light and or spray hot, chemically noxious sprays near the boiling point

Nov 22, 2015
Originally Posted by dcontroversal

I have heard it was a Rhino.....Not saying I believe that, just saying I have heard it......the bible also speaks of DRAGONS ;)

A RHINO...??!
Heretic...
LOL.....yes..he is "heretic-like" with his pet animal theories.

( just kidding for any new people reading this...:) ...everyone is a supposed heretic if they don't believe like "we do" on some subjects so stunnedbygrace and I are "funnin'" with dcon.)

Nov 12, 2015
The bible speaks of dragons and even Lucifer is called that old dragon and serpent......many cultures have records of dragons and I think the precious stones that were his covering is possibly indicative of the color of his scales before he fell.....I have no problem believing that fire breathing reptiles (dragons) were a possibility based upon the following....

We have bugs that chemically produce light and or spray hot, chemically noxious sprays near the boiling point

I had not even thought about this...very interesting, you heretic! :p:D

Nov 22, 2015
Originally Posted by dcontroversal

I had not even thought about this...very interesting, you heretic! :p:D

LOL....I noticed he didn't use our "denominational approved" commentary to prove his heretical pet animal doctrine...:rolleyes:...that is a sure sign of a false teacher!...he's into that "animal cult". Probably a universalists too where even all animals are saved too.