Unquenchable Fire, where their worm doesn't die!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
50 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

Mark 9

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Hebrews 6:1
So let us stop going over the basic teachings about Christ again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding. Surely we don't need to start again with the fundamental importance of repenting from evil deeds and placing our faith in God. (NLT)

A

Abiding

just wanted to put that in context:)
11 About this we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. 12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, 13 for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child. 14 But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.

A

AnandaHya

hey its the Bible how much more orthodox do you get?

superdave5221

Jul 28, 2009
hey its the Bible how much more orthodox do you get?
That's right Ananda! Even Satan uses the bible to accuse those in Christ's church.

The Pharisees and Saducees were always looking for ways to accuse Jesus of breaking the law.

But, just as there was noone left at the end to accuse the woman caught in adultery, (John 8) there will be noone to accuse those in Christ's church on the last day. For all of the lawless ones, including the false prophets, will have all been thrown into the lake of fire.

T

Tobby17

You see it's so bad that even when you post directly from the bible, they always have something to say..

Anyway Ramon, nice thread. God bless you :)

superdave5221

Jul 28, 2009
You see it's so bad that even when you post directly from the bible, they always have something to say..

You have little understanding, and like children, should probably be quiet and listen.

Anyone can quote from the bible. But only God can accuse the church of Christ, as Ramon has been doing, and judge it's members.

It is one thing to accuse a congregation of believers of unrighteousness. It is quite another to judge Christ's church as a whole, and accuse Christ Himself, who is the head of that church, of incompetence and failure to do God's will.

It is quite fashionable these days for people to put their faith in anything but God, whether it be money, government, other people, themselves, or false prophets. If you want to go that route, then God bless you.

I will put my faith in Christ and His power to save me from the accuser (Satan).

T

Tobby17

You have little understanding, and like children, should probably be quiet and listen.

Anyone can quote from the bible. But only God can accuse the church of Christ, as Ramon has been doing, and judge it's members.

It is one thing to accuse a congregation of believers of unrighteousness. It is quite another to judge Christ's church as a whole, and accuse Christ Himself, who is the head of that church, of incompetence and failure to do God's will.

It is quite fashionable these days for people to put their faith in anything but God, whether it be money, government, other people, themselves, or false prophets. If you want to go that route, then God bless you.

I will put my faith in Christ and His power to save me from the accuser (Satan).
It's very funny that you chose to reply because i wasn't even referring to you,but since you've started it. Well what can i say?. I'm totally suprised :eek: What is wrong about posting a scripture as a thread without adding anything or explaining it. If he had explained it, then you could say maybe he was misinterpreting the bible, but just the scripture and nothing else.. Well, i don't know...

Maybe it's also wrong if i post the whole of Genesis Chapter1, or what do you think? :rolleyes:

Feb 17, 2010
Ramon check out the FIRST teaching in the Bible AFTER Adam sinned....
God speaking to Cain.... Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? Gen 4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

It is also the very first words God spoke to man AFTER the sin... AND look even here God said WE CAN RULE OVER HIM (SIN)!!!!!
Do we know the start or what? Emagine the END of the WAY!!! Jesus is our Way, hang in there my brother! God will REWARD!

A

AnandaHya

. But only God can accuse the church of Christ, as Ramon has been doing, and judge it's members
nah Ramon just likes posting scripture. lol I asked him once and he told me that he does not see doctrine, he does not see dissension but only the bueatiful souls of God's people striving towards God. (paraphrasing of course)

I know some like to condemn God's church but I don't think Ramon is one of those people (if I am wrong since I'm not sure if I've read everything he has posted, I suggest you just ask him for clarification of his meaning, I do not think he means to offend people or judge them), though others have twisted his words in their statements to do just that, but those same people twist scripture to condemn the church and promote "prophecy", so would you fault the speaker?

forgive and move on, its a new day and God works wonders in the hearts of all His people in a moment to moment basis.....

i believe a lot of misunderstanding would be avoided if you gave each other the benefit of the doubt and try and see the words written as an attempt to share God's love and give others the Grace and mercy God gave you when you fall short and help them rise and stand as God has helped you rise and stand for His truth and His Love.

superdave5221

Jul 28, 2009
It's very funny that you chose to reply because i wasn't even referring to you,but since you've started it. Well what can i say?. I'm totally suprised :eek: What is wrong about posting a scripture as a thread without adding anything or explaining it. If he had explained it, then you could say maybe he was misinterpreting the bible, but just the scripture and nothing else.. Well, i don't know...

Maybe it's also wrong if i post the whole of Genesis Chapter1, or what do you think? :rolleyes:
Thank you for asking. There is an underlying theme to Ramon's postings of scripture, which at times does consist of commentary. That theme consists of:

1. a trivialization of the bible and bible study
2. an accusation of the church of Christ as a whole as unrighteous
3. the need for prophets today to guide the church back to righteousness

My point in my response is that scripture can be used to mislead people, when taken out of context, or misinterpreted, or used to support false commentary, as well as to edify.

Please excuse my harshness. Perhaps I misjudged you. After all, I don't claim to be a prophet.

A

AnandaHya

is there something in the air that everyone on the forums like being judgmental today?

Jul 25, 2011
John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1 Corinthians 6:1 ¶Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Psalms 33:
4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
5 He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.

Psalms 37:28 For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

A

AnandaHya

lol hi Sam :) glad you're back.

careful your screen name is going to make you a target, your shield and helmet in place and got your dancing shoes rit? ;)

to save some trouble Sam has posted that he does not think he is a prophet even though his sn says
schoolofyoungprophet....

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2010
I do not think Ramon judge or condemn, I KNOW he does not! Ramon would LOVE to be in the UNITY OF THE FAITH, UNDER ONE SPIRIT! Unto a perfect man... Unfortunately there are MANY that do not wish him that. I KNOW Ramon for about six months now, AND he is a man with great knowledge of God, and God's will. He LOVES the Truth and the TRUTH IN PERSON... JESUS CHRIST! And I know Ramon will get what HE DESIRES... Becasue God PROMISES Ramon this...

Here is your promise Ramon... Straight from God...

Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Here is the challenge TO ALL WHO READ THIS.... Show me where Ramon has not delighted himself in the Lord and I will agree... Ramon barks up the wrong tree... But EVERYTIME I spent with Ramon there has been GREAT delight in the LORD.

A

AnandaHya

lol

XgraveX you forgot my favs about judging....

1 Peter 4:6
For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

Romans 2:13-16
New King James Version (NKJV)
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

1 Corinthians 4:4
For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord.

Last edited:
R

Ramon

I am just a little frustrated today. It is just incredible!! I got nervous reading the responses to a thread. I am afraid that maybe I have caused some division. Even as much as I want to blame myself, I can't. This thread proves it, as even the last few threads.

It is the word of God that cuts deep. And when it cuts too deep, we see the manifestations like never before. I have seen this manifestation before, and it made me afraid. Alongside of it comes anger, and bitterness, and mockery and hatred, and strife, and envying. It is a manifestation out of hell, as the tongue is then ruled by hell, and then can follow blasphemies and deceit and all manner of evil.

I woke up nervous today, wary. I am just ashamed.

There was no thought of any person in particular when I posted this AT ALL. How could you take offense unless it was in you to begin with? If it did not apply to you, you would have said Amen, and praise the Lord for his goodness and kindness.

I know the Lord is also ashamed to see this. Will you now hang me too?

I knew that I would not be liked, and I was fearful. Many times I desired to go away from here, to just leave, and let people go about their own business till the Lord comes and wipes them out. I pulled a Jonah, but I got rebuked and here I am gain. Perhaps, perhaps, maybe the Lord will cause someone to repent. PERHAPS!

I asked the Lord for many souls, but now I will just settle for even 1. Even one that will repent and BELIEVE the gospel. JUST 1.

There is my complaining, but know this, that it was to the Lord before it was to you.

May Jesus bless you.

Jul 3, 2011
Hebrews 6:1
So let us stop going over the basic teachings about Christ again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding. Surely we don't need to start again with the fundamental importance of repenting from evil deeds and placing our faith in God. (NLT)
Apparently we do, seeing as many in here think it is impossible to turn from our evil ways.

Jul 3, 2011

Yes it is very sad

Anyway, nice thread Ramon