Verses To Encourage One Another

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Time2Reflect

One I often struggle with but truly gives me peace (in that God is not necessarily looking to me to do mind blowing world changing things)

1 Thessalonians 4: 11-12

11 And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;
12 That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.
Thank you Limey for sharing this. I like what you have shared. It is definitely something to think about. Appreciate it.

Sep 6, 2014
Hey Grace. I loved the verses thst you have shared here. I am keen to write them down and save them so I have them as a constant reminder. I love the fact that we don't have to face situations alone and that God won't allow us to go beyond what we can handle without Him. Thank you.
Thank you for posting a nice thread here at CC that edifies, and thank you for your kind words.

Also, thank you for allowing those here who have left a response for the opportunity to share what God has put in their heart, me included.

I must admit that I'm curious what verses you might be willing to share here that you come back to often during the course of praying for others going through a tough situation.

Btw, welcome aboard.
Vince.

To God our Father be the glory forever and ever in Christ Jesus Amen.
For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Feb 28, 2016
The Lord led me to repent of sins I was committing. Then, suddenly, my life was transformed into something extremely beautiful. It reminds me of this:

[2] And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband;
[3] and I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling of God is with men. He will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself will be with them;
[4] he will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain any more, for the former things have passed away." Rev 21:2-4 RSV
=============================================================

this has to be the 'why' you are here...

G

Galatea

I think this verse is often misconstrued, or maybe it's just me. However, I feel people read this verse and think that their belief in God is enough, and they totally forget about Jesus. For instance, I feel I hear lots of people say they believe in God, but I never hear them say anything about Jesus. I read this verse and it says to me only if I believe in Jesus will I have everlasting life, that belief in God alone is not enough.
Jesus is God, but I think the verse is clear. He sent, and if you believe the One He sent, then you are saved. I mean, the second "Him" modifies who was sent.

T

Time2Reflect

Yes. We need to resist temptation, of course.
Thank you Resurrection. It has been an encouragement having people willing to respond and share their thoughts on this question. I agree, we need to do our part too. Hope you have a great day.

T

Time2Reflect

Thank you for posting a nice thread here at CC that edifies, and thank you for your kind words.

Also, thank you for allowing those here who have left a response for the opportunity to share what God has put in their heart, me included.

I must admit that I'm curious what verses you might be willing to share here that you come back to often during the course of praying for others going through a tough situation.

Btw, welcome aboard.
Vince.

To God our Father be the glory forever and ever in Christ Jesus Amen.
For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
Hi Vince,

I find myself praying more and more for people where situations may make them feel alone in a situation. So, I do try and pray for peace in the situation that a person faces, and reassure that no matter what we go through, we are not alone. There have been many times in my own life, that knowing that God is with me has given me hope to carry on.

Below are some of the verses that have stood out for me. And of course, it may vary depending on the situation that is being faced.

Lamentations 3:22-23 The Steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end, they are new every morning, great is Your faithfulness.

John 14:27 [FONT=&quot]Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.[FONT=&quot][/FONT] I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled[FONT=&quot][/FONT] and do not be afraid.[/FONT]

Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord and He heard me and delivered me from all my fears.

I liked your reminder that in life we are going to face hard times and tribulation (John 16:33) but our focus does not need to stay on the problems that we are facing, but rather focus on the one who has overcome.

I think it is so easy to try and fight our life battles alone, and your verse from 1 John 2:12-14, reminding me of the fact that our key to overcoming is based on our abiding in Him. So again, we are given that reminder of where our strength comes from.

I appreciate the time that you and others have taken to share with me. It is great that we can be there for, and encourage one another.

I look forward to sharing with you in time, as I use these and other verses with others to encourage them and to be encouraged myself.

I am glad to be here.

Annette

T

Time2Reflect

=============================================================

this has to be the 'why' you are here...
Hi Oldethennew, Thank you for sharing why this verse is special to you. I love the reminder that He will wipe away every tear. There is a hope and confidence that we can have.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
Col 1:13-14

For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

♥ ♥ ♥

T

Time2Reflect

Col 1:13-14

For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

♥ ♥ ♥
Thank you so much NotMyOwn, I love the verse that you shared, that we do not have to remain in darkness. That is there is hope and light. I appreciate you taking time to share.