very new to the faith and christianity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 5, 2018
trigger warning: drugs
i recently had a very traumatic experience with some mental health issues ive been having (depression and anxiety and depersonalization/derealization from smoking weed) and i just felt so low and un motivated to do anything.
i had realized i needed to talk to my parents about all of this, but my dad didnt really know what to do so he decided to have my stepbrother pray for me. i was never religious in my life before this and i used to ridicule those that did believe because of this but,
when my family got into this circle and they prayed for me, i felt like such an extreme weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. i had never questioned anything in my life and i was agnostic until that point but i really do believe now that i had been shown the light of God and the sense of belonging and community that it can bring
this all happened yesterday and i went to my nearby church to talk to someone today and im gonna go to a youth group on wednesday but i just feel like i needed to get all of this out, im definitely confused but i feel so much better and im so glad to finally be changing my life for the better
anyway this is super long but can anybody recommend certain parts of the bible to read? i most certainly feel the warmth and relief in my heart but i want to begin to understand the teachings and ways of this. thank all of you so much in advance c:

U

Ugly

Hi Ramen
Welcome to the site, and to the family.

Often a good place to start reading for new believers is the Gospels. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. But to narrow that down John would be a good place.

Jun 5, 2018
Hi Ramen
Welcome to the site, and to the family.

Often a good place to start reading for new believers is the Gospels. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. But to narrow that down John would be a good place.
thanks, i downloaded a bible app so im gonna start looking into those ones you suggested, along with some verses from the new testament. feel very strange but very good and its so nice to have direction

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Welcome to the family! Definitely read the gospels first, may be a couple times, then dig into Acts and make your way from there!

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
trigger warning: drugs
i recently had a very traumatic experience with some mental health issues ive been having (depression and anxiety and depersonalization/derealization from smoking weed) and i just felt so low and un motivated to do anything.
i had realized i needed to talk to my parents about all of this, but my dad didnt really know what to do so he decided to have my stepbrother pray for me. i was never religious in my life before this and i used to ridicule those that did believe because of this but,
when my family got into this circle and they prayed for me, i felt like such an extreme weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. i had never questioned anything in my life and i was agnostic until that point but i really do believe now that i had been shown the light of God and the sense of belonging and community that it can bring
this all happened yesterday and i went to my nearby church to talk to someone today and im gonna go to a youth group on wednesday but i just feel like i needed to get all of this out, im definitely confused but i feel so much better and im so glad to finally be changing my life for the better
anyway this is super long but can anybody recommend certain parts of the bible to read? i most certainly feel the warmth and relief in my heart but i want to begin to understand the teachings and ways of this. thank all of you so much in advance c:
Hi Ramen :) welcome to CC, we’re glad to have you.

Firstly, thank you For sharing a testimony of yourself. Praise God for the breakthrough that Hes given you! Its Great that things are moving forward in a positive direction especially with the direction of God :)

What helps with reading the Bible is to ask the Holy Spirit to show you where to read, if you don’t know where and you get lost, Psalms is always a good place - or the Gospel of John in the New Testament.

We will be praying for you and if you have any questions let us know :)

Blessings ❤️ 5D19048B-9756-4578-9F61-E583710E89CC.jpeg

littlestarsmum

Oct 19, 2016
I’m sorry to hear about your struggles. Please know that I’ll be praying for you, asking the Lord to surround you with His healing presence in a special and powerful way, filling you with His love, peace, and strength in the days ahead. Remember that He is even more concerned than we are and is able to work out everything good for you. Are you seeing a therapist for your anxiety and depression? Hope everything goes well with you. Blessings!

danja

Nov 28, 2014
Welcome .Great things are to come for you :)

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
Peace be with you .
You are lovely and highly welcome here on CC.
Enjoy your stay here in the LORD.
JESUS is LORD.