Views on Angels

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheIndianGirl

What are your views on angels? In shows like Touched by an Angel, and the movie It's a Wonderful Life, angels are involved in lives as guardian angels.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I have no problem with the concept of God sending an Angel to guard one of his followers on occasions when that Angel is needed.. But the roman catholic doctrine that one is assigned a guardian angel from birth and that angel is always by ones side i do not agree with / believe..

There is no Biblical evidence for such a doctrine.. It just seems to be some feel good doctrine someone made up and others wanted to believe it was true and ran with it..

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You8 may have seen in you Bible study the reference made to Jesus on the water walking whe reported to the disciples that he who saw Him must have not seen Him but His Angel.s

In this regard it is refering to the Spirit of our Lord, We all have our Spirit, howeve4r we do not always call our Spiorit our Angel,. This has probably been the root of this fantasy of theology.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
It seems to me that, if we all had guardian angels constantly with us and protecting us, then no one would ever get harmed, injured or killed. Our angels would prevent it.. JMO

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I am not sure we each have a specific angel assigned to us, but there is Biblical evidence that not only are angels assigned to help us, but we MAY indeed have a "guardian angel":

Hebrews 1:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
14 Are they not ALL ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?

Matthew 18:10 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Parable of the Lost Sheep
10 “Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven THEIR angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

Psalm 91:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Acts 12:15 New King James Version (NKJV)
15 But they said to her, “You are beside yourself!” Yet she kept insisting that it was so. So they said, “It is HIS angel.”

That's some pretty strong Biblical evidence for saved Christians having guardian angels.

T

TheIndianGirl

Has anyone seen the series "Touched by an Angel" and do you think the show, the advice given by the angels, etc. is biblical?

Aug 14, 2019
I have no problem with the concept of God sending an Angel to guard one of his followers on occasions when that Angel is needed.. But the roman catholic doctrine that one is assigned a guardian angel from birth and that angel is always by ones side i do not agree with / believe..

There is no Biblical evidence for such a doctrine.. It just seems to be some feel good doctrine someone made up and others wanted to believe it was true and ran with it..
Matt 18 v10
10 “Take care that you do not despise one of these little ones; for, I tell you, in heaven their angels continually see the face of my Father in heaven.[a]

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I havent seen touched by an angel but I do believe we have angels. They cant stop us from doing stupid things though.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
What are your views on angels? In shows like Touched by an Angel, and the movie It's a Wonderful Life, angels are involved in lives as guardian angels.
My biggest issue with that show is the idea of female angels. No biblical support for that in the slightest.

Also, those shows and movies always push the "if you live a good life. you'll make it to heaven" garbage.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Matt 18 v10
10 “Take care that you do not despise one of these little ones; for, I tell you, in heaven their angels continually see the face of my Father in heaven.[a]
Yeah ""in heaven"" not on earth..

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
when Jesus was in the wilderness for 40 days, angels came to minister to him, and many other instances where angels came to earth in the Bible, they seem especially active when announcing births.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Jacobs dream was of angels descending and ascending on a stair from heaven to earth.
I think those shows and movies are complete rubbish that distract is from real truth. That yes there are angels going back and fourth doing the biding of God and working on our behalf in the spiritual realm.

Aug 14, 2019
I havent seen touched by an angel but I do believe we have angels. They cant stop us from doing stupid things though.
My sister's car stalled in the middle of the intersection and was about to get T-boned. An old man pushed her car to safety. She got out of her car to thank the man but there was no old man in sight. She said the man showed unusual strength and didn't know how he avoided getting hit by the oncoming car since it barely missed hitting her. We think her guardian angel pushed her out of the way. He appeared as an old man as a clue. Her faith in Christ and guardian angels
increased after the incident.

T

TheIndianGirl

I really liked the show when I watched it as a child, and recently watched a few shows. The show is obviously associated with angels, God, Christianity.

Also, those shows and movies always push the "if you live a good life. you'll make it to heaven" garbage.
The way I saw it, it is not just about living a good life. It is also about being more spiritually aware and trusting/acknowledging God in the process, during periods of hardship.

K

KT88

It's an interesting topic.

Matt 18:10 See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Scripture gives us little information about angels, but the books that used to be considered scripture but that scholars hare decided are not scripture tell about them. I think we need to learn from these books, except everything they say must be in accordance with accepted scripture.

A study of angels that has done this checking says there are three separate classes of angels, God created six cherubim, but two fell away and Satan is one who fell away. Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel are left.

The next order of angels are the seraphim. These are the messengers, and they fly back and forth between earth and heaven. In Revelations they are called heavenly fire. Jacob saw them as on a ladder set on the earth.

Next is the teraphim, or watchers. These are the most numerous and they have the ability to take on human form, as we are told in Hebrews 13:2. "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it."

These angels watch over us.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
The way I saw it, it is not just about living a good life. It is also about being more spiritually aware and trusting/acknowledging God in the process, during periods of hardship.
Living a good life, being "spiritually aware", or acknowledging God during a period of hardship does not get one to heaven.

Sorry, but those angel shows were "spiritually" ridiculous.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
There are two angel shows I've been watching for free on 'tubi'. Angels in Disguise and Angles All Around. They are about people who have encountered what they say was an angel/angels. I've had angels help me a few times or more:love:

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
There are two angel shows I've been watching for free on 'tubi'. Angels in Disguise and Angles All Around. They are about people who have encountered what they say was an angel/angels. I've had angels help me a few times or more:love:
I have been aware of angels in my life twice, it was an awesome experience. Both times there were two, and both times they had no bodies but were a change in the light. Both times they did not want me to know they were there, and both times I requested something of them and they told me they did not have the authority to grant my request but would ask permission. They said they only did what was the will of God. Both times they were doing work for the Lord--one time at a birth and one time at a death.

Communication with them was not with words, but still we knew what the other was saying.

At the birth, I was requesting the life of a baby they said had a body defect that would produce tears, and they wondered why humans cry. I still wonder that they did not know. But then again, we have such a glorious life ahead of us, knowing that should keep our tears away.