Visiting Israel

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
hmm I dont know if NZ receives any Israeli exports apart from the aforementioned Dead Sea salt beauty products but they didnt take off here...people prefer to buy epsom salts.

That is good they are self sufficient.

Yea Jesus was so angry at the scammers in the temple, they were preventing genuine worship.
I did her of some orthodox jews in modern times still sacrificing chickens. Or maybe it was some Hebrew sect I dont know

What was the Sabbath like for you when you were there. Does everything kind of stop or everyone just carries on as normal?

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
hmm I dont know if NZ receives any Israeli exports apart from the aforementioned Dead Sea salt beauty products but they didnt take off here...people prefer to buy epsom salts.

That is good they are self sufficient.

Yea Jesus was so angry at the scammers in the temple, they were preventing genuine worship.
I did her of some orthodox jews in modern times still sacrificing chickens. Or maybe it was some Hebrew sect I dont know

What was the Sabbath like for you when you were there. Does everything kind of stop or everyone just carries on as normal?
"I'll keep kosher at home" is such a common excuse that it's impossible to tell who is truly Jewish and who isn't.

A lot of the hotel staff (especially in the restaurants) work exceptionally hard to ensure that people can remain kosher and not violate any of the religious Law.

For example you can't have milk/dairy products in your table at the same time as meat. The bread table is separate from a table with butter. (And coffee creamer and milk) all of which is separate from the hot buffet table loaded with all kinds of stuff to eat. (No cheese products obviously)

But people grab rolls and butter... coffee and cream and full plates of food and carrying them around while loading them up and setting them down on the hot buffet table and bread table... even spilling dairy products everywhere.

And the young people see and notice these things. And get annoyed when they have to change table linens in the middle of a busy service because of them.

The kids noticed our accents and knew instantly that we were Christian and had no restrictions with anything BUT that we were aware and careful with how we obtained food for ourselves. (I happen to understand the Law).

The younger generation gave us every respect possible because of our obvious attitudes and behaviors. (We were respectful) but obviously just tolerated the older Jews.

The Jews sometimes will sacrifice some animals. It's not often and it isn't just chickens. I'm a goyim...not exactly going to be invited to such things. And they certainly aren't going to do it in Old City Jerusalem or anywhere near the Temple Mount. That would just about start a riot.

BTW...the Temple Mount complex is mostly empty of people. The Moslems are only interested in keeping the Jews from having it.
There are some YouTube videos on it that you might find interesting.
The Cedar beams that David set aside for Solomon to use...still there and being used. Not as originally intended but still there.

There are tunnels in the Temple Mount itself. (Herod had the Mount extended and backfilled with retaining walls.) But the entire area has small earthquakes all the time. So they are highly unstable and unsafe. The Jews refuse to go for fear of stepping on the holy of holies and the Moslems just don't care.

However....

If the day should come they can have the Mount...it's going to take time to get it ready for the temple to be built.

They first need remove and replace the fill inside the retaining walls as well as repair the retaining walls themselves. Scientists are going to want to sift every ounce of the fill for archeology...the Moslem(once obviously Christian) buildings have also used the materials used originally for the Temple. All the stuff needs to be dated and recorded.

Once they actually have the site prepped and ready then the Temple will go up fairly quickly. (Everything is prepped, numbered, and ready to put together extremely quickly)

But site prep is going to take at least a year or more.

Jul 9, 2022
I'd rather visit Lebanon than the state of Sodom and Egypt.

Also, did you know Bethlehem is in the modern day state of Palestine?

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I'd rather visit Lebanon than the state of Sodom and Egypt.

Also, did you know Bethlehem is in the modern day state of Palestine?
Yes I'm quite aware.

I didn't go to Bethlehem. I know some people like it....but truthfully I could see it from a distance. Didn't really see a need to go.

Between the destruction by Rome, the several construction and destruction periods not a lot is left that was of interest to me.

But some things don't change....the desert, the hills, the river, the weather.

These things were more than enough for me.

Jul 9, 2022
By the way, Lebanon is an interesting country. Wonder why so many Christians completely dismiss it as another of the "Muslim terrorist states" while at the same time they idolize the particular state who created those terrorist groups and led many Arabs, undermined and destroyed by the so-called "chosen people" into them.

I'm guessing nobody here knows that even today around 40% of Lebanon is Christian. Phoenicia was one of the first centers of Christianity in the world, and Jesus himself told it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgement than for the so-called "chosen people" (Matthew 11:22). Throughout history Syriac Christians have lived under the constant threat of the Muslims, and since 1948 also of the Zionists, but God has blessed them for their courage and defence of the truth.

It is no coincidence that the Zionist-perpetrated 2020 Beirut explosion affected mostly the predominantly Christian northern quarters of the city. Just like the Zionist-controlled USA bombed the two Christian centers of Japan in 1945. The Zionist Talmudists hate Christ and the Christendom more than anything in the world, because they are children of the devil. And they admit to this fact in their own flag:

And yes, this is the Satanic state many """Christians""" adore. A state with an Hermetic symbol on its flag. A state invoking witchcraft on its flag. A state invoking Satan on its flag. Everytime you wave the Zionist flag, you are invoking the devil. So, stop supporting the children of the devil, stop supporting the Zionist state of McJesus, and turn to the Lord, who will judge the idolaters.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Beirut was known as the Paris of the Middle East. This and fifty cents will not buy a person a latte at Starbucks.

As for the six pointed star knon as the Star of David.

This is attributed to a Babylonian symbol which King David admired and likes so much that he had it on his Shield.

As pertaining to the Israel of today, it is the staging grounds for the fulfillment of the prophecies. The government is not headed by Yahweh.

There is no true state religion since the adent of Judaism began at the time of Christ and has evovled into the umbralla title for many Jewish Denominations, none of which bare any resemblance to what was commanded in the Bible

The true Israel, or the rulers with God, is eternal and will be established when teh New Jerusalllem is brought dounv by our Father.

All who truly believe God are Israel, marked to rule with Him for etrnity. It is a lot to understand and learn, however we must never throw all Jews in the same bag for there really are Jews who believe. All who believe Jesus are the true Jews, ergo Israel. A true Jew is one who praises God in Spirit and truth, not a follower of what has come to be call Judaism and all of its branches.

Jul 9, 2022
Beirut was known as the Paris of the Middle East. This and fifty cents will not buy a person a latte at Starbucks.

As for the six pointed star knon as the Star of David.

This is attributed to a Babylonian symbol which King David admired and likes so much that he had it on his Shield.

As pertaining to the Israel of today, it is the staging grounds for the fulfillment of the prophecies. The government is not headed by Yahweh.

There is no true state religion since the adent of Judaism began at the time of Christ and has evovled into the umbralla title for many Jewish Denominations, none of which bare any resemblance to what was commanded in the Bible

The true Israel, or the rulers with God, is eternal and will be established when teh New Jerusalllem is brought dounv by our Father.

All who truly believe God are Israel, marked to rule with Him for etrnity. It is a lot to understand and learn, however we must never throw all Jews in the same bag for there really are Jews who believe. All who believe Jesus are the true Jews, ergo Israel. A true Jew is one who praises God in Spirit and truth, not a follower of what has come to be call Judaism and all of its branches.
The so-called "star of David" is the star of Remphan mentioned in Acts 7:43, and was not actually brought by David, but his son Solomon who in turn took it from his pagan wives.

https://www.meredithgould.com/star-of-remphan/

I have doubts concerning an earthly kingdom, but this is not the point of the thread.

And I agree that Israel is now the body of believers, Jewish and Gentile. I never said all Jews are the same. When I talk about Jews I primarily refer to those who deny Christ, and particularly the international Zionist mafia who controls all the world governments and corporations, beginning by the state of Israhell. I'm not anti-Jewish at all, and I'm content with all the Jews who embrace the truth. I'm anti-Zionist, anti-Talmudist, and anti-Jewish supremacism.

The point of my post was to emphasize how the Zionist state was ultra-overrated in the Christian world, and bring an alternative view to the one promoted in Western media and churches.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
My information on the star of David isderived from the Encyclopedia Judaica. It is sure there are many renditions of how this pagan symbol came to be the symbol of what is called Issrael on our maps today.