Waiting is sad

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 29, 2014
Waiting is difficult..I am sad..The feeling of loneliness get harder day by day.I am depressed and have a lot of social pressure to get married.I really hope that special person to appear.The waitings seem endless.Brothers are few.There's a brother in Christ I really like and admire for some time.But yesterday I told him how I feel and was refused without any hope.Even lost a good friend.I feel heartbroken.

Jan 29, 2014
I can't talk to him anymore..:(

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Pray that God will bring you new friends, and that He will give you peace.

You may find there's a good reason for this.
Just pray, and see what God does.

Beez

Nov 27, 2017
Hon, he apparently was not the right one for you. There would be little that could be more miserable than being bound by marriage to the wrong person.

You are young yet. Give it time. :) So much better to wait for the right person and walk into a marriage relationship with maturity on both sides. :)

Bless you, Sweet.

Jan 29, 2014
He told me the kind of life he wants to live is not suitable to get someone to suffer with him. :( He is young but his thought is much older than his age.He wants to lives in seclusion.He told me he loves his home mountain and hates the cities.And it's not suitable to bring someone with him.

U

Ugly

Well, of he intends to go back anytime soon then he made the right choice. Imagine him starting a relationship then leaving you behind when he moved.
Or what if he had started a relationship then shortly after moved and wanted you to go. Leave your life behind to go off to the mountains with someone you've barely started a relationship with.
And he didn't reject You. He already has plans and goals for his life, and those plans don't include another. Some are gifted with singleness. He may be one.

We never know why some have to wait, or others never find anyone or settle on someone. Yet others marry young.
I do know that if I'd married younger there's a high chance of my being divorced now, as opposed to if I we're to marry now I jnow there is a real chance of it lasting now.
Waiting sucks, I know, I'm 42 and never married, but waiting also gives you a better chance at lasting.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yup. I'm 39 and still single.

Just remember not to waste your time while you're waiting. Experience, learn, enjoy, LIVE life whether you're living it alone or with somebody else. There's a lot of life to see, and what if you wind up not getting married until you're 60? If you wait to start living your life until then, it will be almost over.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Waiting is difficult..I am sad..The feeling of loneliness get harder day by day.I am depressed and have a lot of social pressure to get married.I really hope that special person to appear.The waitings seem endless.Brothers are few.There's a brother in Christ I really like and admire for some time.But yesterday I told him how I feel and was refused without any hope.Even lost a good friend.I feel heartbroken.
That's really sad. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I'd move somewhere there are a lot of Christians. Communist run governments tend to promote atheism.

A

AuntieAnt

Awwww I'm sorry you're hurting, dear. My heart is sad for you. We can all understand the desire to love and be loved, it's certainly natural. It's sure good to know you're a child of God because the Lord can fill your heart with His love and peace and joy and He will sustain you like no other can. And that love nobody can take away from you! Don't miss out on this great opportunity to trust Christ Jesus first, dearheart and let Him strengthen and prepare you for when you do meet the man who will give you his heart. And we will pray for you, too sister Sweet.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
I am sorry for your pain. I had a friend who spent years pining away for a co-worker. She finally got up the courage to tell him and he very kindly said he did not feel the same. I was so worried for her because she had talked endlessly about him but the result was different. She looked at me and said "I am free." Until she knew, until she asked, she was stuck in her fantasy and not willing to look around.
I know you have prayed and asked for God's guidance. Sometimes he intervenes for our good. If this one was not meant to be then I am glad you were protected.
After a year long relationship I recently had it come to an abrupt end. I was shocked but his behaviour became so odd and cold that I had to thank God from protecting me from what could have been a very sad and painful future.
I pray that God will comfort you and walk alongside as you deal with the pressure from family. Bless your gentle heart.

Daylilies

Apr 11, 2017
I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this; it is hard to open up your heart to someone, share your feelings and then to find out that they don't feel the same way. Especially when it causes you to lose your friendship with that person.

I was speaking with my minister about this about a month ago and the statement that he made has really helped to change my perspective. He said that God has very special plans and perhaps a very special person for me, but special things often take a long time. However the wait for God's plans to fully unfold for me will be worth it. :)

In the meantime, know that you have a lot of friends here who understand and can empathize! :)

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Galatians 6 : 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not

Jul 20, 2017
You are waiting for your man to come home? Or he left?

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
He wasn’t a good friend, or a good Christian if he left just because you were brave enough to tell him how you feel. If a guy told me he liked me romantically and I didn’t like him in that way, I would tell him I do not feel the same, but I wouldn’t disown him as a friend or a brother in Christ, but I would avoid him if he started harassing me.