Walmart and Dick's raising gun buying age to 21. Do you agree? POLL

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Walmart and Dick's raising gun buying age to 21. Do you agree?

• YES they should raise it to 21

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • NO it should remain at 18

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I've had 3 AR 15s layed out for the past two weeks. They haven't killed anyone yet.
Yeah, right.... you just probably forgot to put the magazines in them.....:rolleyes:
:D

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I think that it is against federal law to posses a machine gun or fully automatic weapon no matter what your age, so there are federal gun laws.

Maybe these assault weapons should be added to the list. If we have laws against machine guns, what about assault rifles? They are close to the same.

I would think that as a law enforcement officer that you would rather not have these weapons easily available to people who oppose the laws of the land.

Peace Officers, God bless them, should NEVER have to face these types of weapons.

What can we do to keep our peace officers safer? Put these assault weapons into the same category as the machine guns.

Make them against the law? Or severely restrict them?

------
You can legally possess, own, or manufacture machine guns under certain conditions. Not really a hard thing.

Don't presume to know how I feel about weapon policy, or should feel. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed...... I will fight to the bloody death to defend it.

Assault rifle, or assault weapon is a made up term, to scare stupid people.

Last edited:

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Maybe these assault weapons should be added to the list. If we have laws against machine guns, what about assault rifles? They are close to the same.
All of these rifles are functionally exactly the same. They all shoot exactly the same way. The big difference is that the wooden stocked rifles shoot MUCH more powerful calibers, usually. Should we add all of them to the list? Or, only the evil-looking black one?

AR.png browning.png remington.png

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I think that it is against federal law to posses a machine gun or fully automatic weapon no matter what your age, so there are federal gun laws.

I would think that as a law enforcement officer that you would rather not have these weapons easily available to people who oppose the laws of the land.

Peace Officers, God bless them, should NEVER have to face these types of weapons.

What can we do to keep our peace officers safer? Put these assault weapons into the same category as the machine guns.

Make them against the law? Or severely restrict them?

------
And furthermore, if I wanted to be safe, I'd get a job being a politician.

You want safety, get people to stop breeding little monsters. There are consequences to raising undisciplined youth, broken families, fatherless homes, sexual immorality, drinking mountain dew, reality TV, and general low brow culture.

T

Tinuviel

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Yeah, the .556 is a weak varmint round. Not too different from the .22 rifle cartridge you'd start your 4 or 5-year-old son on.

It's odd to me that the AR-15 is the mass killer's weapon of choice because it's a really poor option for a wack job looking to kill off a bunch of people in a short span of time.

Still arguably the best weapon for hearth and home if the (expletive) hits the fan. Dependable. Powerful enough to kill food and stop a few intruders. Light for long carry distances (if need be). Plenty of replacement parts. Affordable and rather ubiquitous ammo.

I guess it's loved and hated by the wrong people because it looks scawy.

All of these rifles are functionally exactly the same. They all shoot exactly the same way. The big difference is that the wooden stocked rifles shoot MUCH more powerful calibers, usually. Should we add all of them to the list? Or, only the evil-looking black one?

View attachment 179136 View attachment 179137 View attachment 179138

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
And furthermore, if I wanted to be safe, I'd get a job being a politician.

You want safety, get people to stop breeding little monsters. There are consequences to raising undisciplined youth, broken families, fatherless homes, sexual immorality, drinking mountain dew, reality TV, and general low brow culture.
Exactly! (especially the mountain dew)

Too bad you don't live in north Texas.... I'd buy you a beer.... I mean, a cup of coffee....:rolleyes:

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016

Too bad you don't live in north Texas.... I'd buy you a beer.... I mean, a cup of coffee....:rolleyes:
I like beer. I haven't had ziegenbock in awhile.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
That's funny. Tommy and I were PMing about meeting up for a beer sometime.

I think there's room for one more if you can make it to Virginia :p

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
You can legally possess, own, or manufacture machine guns under certain conditions. Not really a hard thing.
I had a friend get 5 years in the fed pen for possession of a machine gun. Plea deal.

Don't presume to know how I feel about weapon policy, or should feel. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed...... I will fight to the bloody death to defend it.
Give the children guns. No laws at all for possession of weapons of mass destruction. Let the nukes fly. Cause it's our right to bear arms. Let them take the AK's to school. That will teach those bullies who is boss. Are you for the complete elimination of all weapon laws? No trigger locks? just let your weapons lie around the house fully loaded, with the safety off? What are you thinking? Will you underestimate the danger that is involved with the handling of the weapons of death?

Are you against all laws concerning these weapons? Should we have no laws at all for weapons?

Assault rifle, or assault weapon is a made up term, to scare stupid people.
Tell it to the kids in Florida, and the families of the 17 children.

Last edited:

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I had a friend get 5 years in the fed pen for possession of a machine gun. Plea deal.

Give the children guns. No laws at all for possession of weapons of mass destruction. Let the nukes fly. Cause it's our right to bear arms. Let them take the AK's to school. That will teach those bullies who is boss. Are you for the complete elimination of all weapon laws? No trigger locks? just let your weapons lie around the house fully loaded, with the safety off? What are you thinking? Will you underestimate the danger that is involved with the handling of the weapons of death?

Are you against all laws concerning these weapons? Should we have no laws at all for weapons?

Your friend is a criminal. That is why he went to prison.

I'd have no problem telling anyone in Florida that.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
From AR-15 to nuke possession. Wow. That escalated quickly.

I hate nukes. And robots. I hate robots.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
That's funny. Tommy and I were PMing about meeting up for a beer sometime.

I think there's room for one more if you can make it to Virginia :p
I've been wanting to do a long road trip on the Road King anyway... :cool:

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016

If you convert a semi auto to full auto, without going through the registration process, FBI background check, etc, it is a Federal crime. If that is what he did, he's probably lucky it was only 5 years.

I think you are getting pretty silly here.... hyperbole doesn't help this situation much.

Nobody that I know of has said that. There are already laws that cover every aspect of gun purchase/possession.
The problem is that there are no laws (so far) that can successfully cover the mental breakdown issue. There is also no law that will prevent an evil person from attempting to act out his evil.

We should have this discussion using facts and opinions.... taking talking points to the extreme doesn't add much to the conversation, and it usually irritates people.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
It depends on how likely you think a nuclear war will be.

Yeah, we have a lower number of deaths due to conventional war, but that benefit can evaporate pretty fast in one fiery cost.

Nukes ain't necessarily a bad thing.

S

Susanna

It depends on how likely you think a nuclear war will be.

Yeah, we have a lower number of deaths due to conventional war, but that benefit can evaporate pretty fast in one fiery cost.
I was speaking strategically.