Walmart and Dick's raising gun buying age to 21. Do you agree? POLL

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Walmart and Dick's raising gun buying age to 21. Do you agree?

• YES they should raise it to 21

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • NO it should remain at 18

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Since guns don't kill people, people should be allowed to have guns.

How far does that go?

Since Sarin and Anthrax don't kill people, I should be able to stockpile them, right?
Yes, but only in limited quantities and in suitable containers to reduce the risk of unwanted exposure.
I wonder if Dick's Sporting Goods stocks nerve agents?

S

Susanna

Aint THAT the truth!

Today's pansied children would NEVER be able to win WWII.
You obviously haven't seen the "children" in the armed forces of today.

They are figthing for your freedom every day.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
He's probably right about the generation more broadly, but I concur.

I've had friends go to Iraq and Afghanistan and fight admirably only to return to find our culture dancing around the golden calf.

These guys could give the WWII generation a run for their money if it came down to squad on squad combat with similar tech. Sharp, strong, smart and very well-trained.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016

This is absolutely true, but I doubt we could field an Army as large today, as we did 75 years ago.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

They are a lean, mean fighting machine fully capable of winning any war except nuclear.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Perhaps as large, but certainly not the same proportion of the population.

That's actually part of the reason why I'm in favor of gun ownership and use throughout childhood. It's an artifact of American culture and part of the reason why, historically, we've been able to field an adequately trained army with greater speed than other nations.

While this characteristic is less wide-spread than it used to be, it's not completely gone. Remove civilian gun ownership and I think you'll quickly find our "trained professionals" to be less trained and, perhaps, less professional.

This is absolutely true, but I doubt we could field an Army as large today, as we did 75 years ago.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I'd love to see a valid statistical study done on what proportion of our armed forces grew up in armed families with nifty breakdowns on the same trend within the infantry, marines, and special forces compared to the other branches and functionary units.

It would be illuminating.

D

Depleted

He's probably right about the generation more broadly, but I concur.

I've had friends go to Iraq and Afghanistan and fight admirably only to return to find our culture dancing around the golden calf.

These guys could give the WWII generation a run for their money if it came down to squad on squad combat with similar tech. Sharp, strong, smart and very well-trained.
Pssst, you are the generation he's talking about.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Haha. I'm well aware. I'm just being realistic.

If the army has to consider lowering its standards for physical and mental fitness, we have an objective problem

Pssst, you are the generation he's talking about.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
It would, I must add, make more sense to have higher standards for military entry than gun ownership.

Just in case any of you all read me wrong.

S

Susanna

If the army has to consider lowering its standards for physical and mental fitness, we have an objective problem
You're damn right about that.

If a girl can't do what a man can, put her behind a desk or make her a nurse.

Yes, I'm serious, in case someone think I'm being ironic.

The ability to fight is way more important than PC crap.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Yeah verily, womens lib was dreamed up to get mothers out of the home so the government would be able to tax them.
Plenty of better ways to serve for a woman.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
One planter you don't see in this picture is my prickly pears.

I'd dump that on her head and she'll be picking thorns off her even after they put handcuffs on. (And I say "her" because it is just as likely a female Cuban soldier will parachute into my yard as a male. America is not going to be invaded by Cubans in my lifetime. lol)
You need to visit south Florida. They have not only invaded it, they have taken over it.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I think they can set the law at whatever they (the states) want.

I think that individual businesses can decide who they want to sell to.... unless they get challenged in the courts for discrimination.

It's been age 21 for handguns for quite some time... I think it became law during the famous "Saturday-night special" outrage back in the 70's or 80's.
From what I read earlier today someone already has filed suit against Walmart and Dick's for age discrimination. A twenty year old went to both Walmart and Dick's and attempted to purchase a .22 rifle. When they declined to sell him the weapon, he filed suit.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/...nation-after-stores-set-new-gun-sale-policies

I can't remember where I read it but it was in the past month or so. There is a possibility that the US armed forces may be forced to lower their standards because the number of recruits that get turned away annually due to health, physical fitness, education, or criminal issues is making it near impossible to hit their goals.

D

Depleted

You need to visit south Florida. They have not only invaded it, they have taken over it.
Cuba hasn't. Cuban Americans have. Different kind of people all together. They're the people Castro didn't want.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Cuba hasn't. Cuban Americans have. Different kind of people all together. They're the people Castro didn't want.

Unfortunately a number of them were people we didn't want either. Read up on the Mauriel boatlift sometime, Castro intentionally infused large numbers of criminals and mentally unstable into the wave of legitimate refugees.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
And good American citizens were murdered as a result.