Ways we can reach our own local population.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Hi all,

I was thinking of ways that we can learn from each other in reaching our own town/location. not just individually but through our own local churches. I am really talking about my own experience, as churches here tend to just hold an event and expect people just to turn up.

How does your church do outreach, reaching/helping the poor, addicts etc. I don't think my own church does enough and I know I am included in that problem. I suppose I am asking this question for ideas to put forward.

Sometimes we as Christians complain and moan about why our church (the one we attend) does not do enough to help the communities they are in. but, hopefully like me, we can realize we are the church. It's just something I have been convicted about lately.

So, let the ideas roll :)

Kind regards

Phil

Jan 8, 2009
In 20 years of going to church, sad to say, i've never been in a church which has done outreach except one AOG one. Apart from alpha courses and dinners im not sure what else.

Feb 27, 2007
Our Church purchased a house and set up & runs a womens addictions recovery house, they do support the salvation army and they have street ministry teams. I think the biggest impact for the Lord is probably in the recovery house as they are not only impacting these women but also their families.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
The first thing to do to be able to reach the local people around you is pray (individually and corporatively as the body of Christ ie the local Church)...and don't cease! It is faith exercised in prayer that opens doors which otherwise remain shut.

Paul gives the correct (balanced) approach to prayer in 1Cor 14v15:

" What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also."

ie. Use the gift of tongues to pray and too sing and the mind to also pray and sing...

Praise and worship goes hand in hand with prayer, be not only a praying Christian but a praising one as well.

Ask the Lord Jesus to bring people across your path with whom you can share the Gospel with, also remember that before you can "preach it", you should first "live it"...

Feb 27, 2007
Our church has invitation cards. Now when people ask me for money they also get an invite card to our church. I love my new church!!