Wearing my mum's clothes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jonnyp

Recently I have been trying on my mum and sister clothes when no one is at home. Is it a sin? Does this mean I am gay?

D

danschance

Clothing has nothing to do with sex, but it might have something to do with sexual identity.

Was there anything in your past that may of contributed to a blurring of your identity as a male?

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
No.......................you are a blood bought child of the most high God

M

Mammachickadee

It's normal to be curious, and we women definitely have more fun with clothes than guys. It's when you start changing in your mind or are dissatisfied with your sex that you need to reevaluate. At 19 one would think you would have worked through all this, but since you haven't just go by the rule that if something is doubtful according to the Bible... just don't do it.

K

keep_on_smiling

Why are you trying them on?

J

jonnyp

No i don't think so. I prefer doing male things rather than female activities. I just like the feel and the look of the clothes.

K

keep_on_smiling

I like the feel on the clothes and how i look in them.
I think you should talk with someone you trust about it more deeply.

J

jonnyp

I talk to God a lot but He hasn't given me an answer yet.

A few years ago i did it alot and once or twice i even tried on some make up but then I stopped and only started again a few months ago.

Aug 2, 2009
Honestly though, women's clothing feels really really good on the skin compared to men's clothing. Most men don't know this because they wouldn't dare try it. Don't ask me how I know lol. Just know that I am 100% straight and always have been. I even hate just walking into the locker room at the gym.

D

danschance

I think the main issue is God has ordained gender roles. These roles are mitigated in society today, esp. in the work place. Still God expects certain things from men and certain things from women.

S

samster1z

You people need to read your bible more.

Deuteronomy 22:5

A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

I'm sure your conscious would say it is wrong as well. Listen to your conscious next time, you probably drove god far from you because of your sin. Repent, and turn back onto him.

A

Anna20fAustralia

I feel the important thing is not to be too hard on yourself. Just chill. However, it seems like a big issue for you so perhaps you should speak to a counsellor or a psychologist.....

R

reject-tech

It might be that God wants you to know how good the clothes look and feel, so that you will learn something about the opposite sex. I don't know what. Maybe so you can understand why women like to model to themselves, or dress their best, or feel sexy in a different way, who knows. But I don't think trying them on in private breaks the rule for men to not wear women's clothes. You're not really going out in drag, or making a 24/7 lifestyle in private.

My guess would be to figure out what it is about a woman's perspective that you might be being taught, chalk it up as a win, and then you probably won't care about trying them on anymore. I quite frankly, would ask for revelation and protection from temptation to make it something consuming.

I don't think it makes you gay. But I do believe that if it becomes too much of an obsession, it will possibly escalate into something more questionable maybe even that you convince yourself that you are gay when you are not, or decide to "give it a try".

On the opposite side of the spectrum, it might be that suddenly in the mirror, you just cringe and say to yourself, "dude, I am definately not gay, glad that's over with lol"

D

didymos

Recently I have been trying on my mum and sister clothes when no one is at home. Is it a sin? Does this mean I am gay?

Based on Deuteronomy 22:5 crossdressing could indeed be considered a 'sin.' However, it doesn't mean you're gay just because you want to try on your sister's and mum's clothing. Technically only being attracted to the same sex makes you gay.