Were ALL living creatures killed in the flood?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ancilla

I never said the Bible was WRONG.I said I was interested in why atheists do not believe.How can you tell an atheist why he/she should believe if you don't have an answer to his questions?It sounds to me like you are a little closed-minded when it comes to people who don't believe.I'm glad I didn't visit this site while I was an atheist.
I know what you mean. I am always looking to understand views that oppose mine. I recently got a book out of the library about Judaism. I wanted to better understand how they view the messiah and how they believe people go to Heaven and a bunch of other stuff. While I disagree with the positions in the book (or at least on stuff that isn't common ground. The common ground stuff is obviously good) I am happy that I better understand them.

I heard an interview with a man who wrote a book saying that the Gospels contradicted themselves. The example he gave could have been figured out with the slightest bit of research. I mean it's easy to look at something in the Bible in isolation and say that it does make sense, but I suggest before one starts publishing books on why it doesn't make sense they should find out what the leading scholars say about it. I mean, obviously fish were not killed in the flood. But that doesn't make the story any less true. Like what were they thinking it should say "All the living creatures were killed in the flood except of course for the fish who obviously cannot die from too much water."??? I mean often with verses like that you do your research and find out that in Hebrew fish aren't counted as "creatures" or something. We forget that things don't always translate perfectly and that's not the fault of the translaters but rather of the languages. I mean modern Jews don't count fish as meat, why would we just assume that the Isrealites counted fish as creatures????

You know, I was on an atheist site once and there was a reference to a verse in Luke that they said was proof that Jesus didnt' know that he was going to die. When I looked it up it said that the disciples didn't know that Jesus would rise again. Seriously!

C

Cup-of-Ruin

. I mean modern Jews don't count fish as meat, why would we just assume that the Isrealites counted fish as creatures????
A brief History of the Terms for Jew. 1980 Jewish Almanac.

"Strictly speaking it is incorrect to call an ancient Israelite a 'Jew' or to call a contemporary Jew an Israelite or a Hebrew." (1980 Jewish Almanac p.3)

Facts are Facts. Benjamin Freedman (Jewish historical researcher and thinker)

"Exhaustive research also irrovocably rejects as a fantastic fabrication the generally accepted belief by Christains that the 'Jews' in Eastern Europe are the legendary 'Chosen People' so verily vocally publicised by the Christian clergy from their pulpits..."

Jewish Scholars and Historians and some true Christians and theologians have been trying for along time to destroy the Zionist myth of modern Jews being the lineage of the ancient Israelites, I see time and time again that it is christians and specifically protestant christians and catholics who seem unable to drop the lie that the Jews are the Biblical 'Chosen People' when any Bible Scholar can tell you that the only time the 'Jews' are mentioned in the Bible is in direct reference to Edom/Esau, and it is Edom/Esau who the Rabbi's will claim decent from and not Jacob/Israel, Israel cannot be a geographical state, that is simply unbiblical neither can Israel carry the Talmudic Hexagram as that is the sign of Babylon and the Masorete Pharisees.

Status
Not open for further replies.