What are some good scripture about how God protects us?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 4, 2009
Since my anxiety makes me worried about getting various diseases and stuff, so I think that maybe knowing scripture about how God protects us could help me out a lot.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Since my anxiety makes me worried about getting various diseases and stuff, so I think that maybe knowing scripture about how God protects us could help me out a lot.

Jesus said of those who are His, that they would hear His voice, that He would know them, that He would give them eternal life, and that no one could take them out of His hand, because His Father who gave them to Him is greater than all, and no one could take them out of His Father's hand.

In age or in youth, in sickness or in health, in prosperity or in poverty, I am in His hand, and so are you.

Aug 2, 2009
"They (angels) will lift you up in their hands so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." - Psalm 91:12

The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
- psalm 121:7-8

The entirety of Psalm 91:

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

May 4, 2009
Some questions about anxiety and getting closer to God.

Okay, so as most of you guys know I have problems with fear. I'm slowly getting better because I've found the right meds, now it's just getting the dose right. Anyway, the point of the topic...

Once I get better with my anxiety(probably through meds, but hopefully after that healed by God), anyway it seems like my OCD is making it hard to trust God like I should.

Is trust another word for faith? I'm just wondering since it seems like whenever I'm asking God for something(I'm talking about some from Scripture not like a girlfriend like I normally do) it seems like I'm not getting anywhere. Well other than when I ask for more wisdom, but then again it says in the Bible that God gives it away freely.

Could having so much fear make it hard to here from the Holy Spirit? I'm just wondering since if I can, hearing from him before I get my anxiety taken care would make my life a lot easier. Any Bible Verses on this?

Could having fear make harder to get close to God while I have so much fear?

Anyway, any prayers about this would be greatly appreciated.

1still_waters

Re: Some questions about anxiety and getting closer to God.

Ok I don't mean to be insensitive dude but you have loads of threads along these same lines. Can you please just resurrect one of those?

1still_waters

I'm merging this with your how God protects thread.

May 4, 2009

Ok I don't mean to be insensitive dude but you have loads of threads along these same lines. Can you please just resurrect one of those?
Okay, sorry about that...

DinoDillinger

Jul 28, 2009
Genesis 26:24
And the LORD appeared to him the same night and said, “I am the God of your father Abraham; do not fear, for I am with you. I will bless you and multiply your descendants for My servant Abraham’s sake.”

:)

S

socperkins

Okay, so as most of you guys know I have problems with fear. I'm slowly getting better because I've found the right meds, now it's just getting the dose right. Anyway, the point of the topic...

Once I get better with my anxiety(probably through meds, but hopefully after that healed by God), anyway it seems like my OCD is making it hard to trust God like I should.

Is trust another word for faith? I'm just wondering since it seems like whenever I'm asking God for something(I'm talking about some from Scripture not like a girlfriend like I normally do) it seems like I'm not getting anywhere. Well other than when I ask for more wisdom, but then again it says in the Bible that God gives it away freely.

Could having so much fear make it hard to here from the Holy Spirit? I'm just wondering since if I can, hearing from him before I get my anxiety taken care would make my life a lot easier. Any Bible Verses on this?

Could having fear make harder to get close to God while I have so much fear?

Anyway, any prayers about this would be greatly appreciated.

Heb 11:1 [ESV] - Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

I've heard it said that Faith and Fear cannot exist at the same time because they are opposites. I don't know if you lack Faith, but I believe that Satan is pushing too much Fear into you. The only thing you need to Fear in this life is God.

Matt 10:28 [ESV] - And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Another great section of verses is Matt 6:25-34, which in my Bible is entitled Do Not Be Anxious.

Having faith is hard to do at first, but once you figure it out it makes life pretty simple. You take all your fears and worries and you say "Here God, hold onto these for me". It's like taking arm fulls of stuff and giving it to somebody else so you're able to stroll around without trouble. Out of money? Pfft. No job? Pfft. Sick? Pfft! God can easily remedy all these situations, and Faith is knowing that He will.