What are YOU doing!?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
The future is in the balance, as we sit idly by as time flies by. We dream of acting upon our most ambitious desires, yet we sit in wait. Call it destiny, call it fate. Either way action is to be made. Validation as a source of motivation is often key, as we look to man to confirm what God has already called us to.

There are naysayers, words spoken as if a curse distorting your perception of all that is yours. Let their words fall to the ground and hear the voice of God echoing throughout eternity as His word stands tall. Supreme. He has called you, and those He calls He equips. He, God Almighty, has validated you.

What more confirmation do you need than to know that God is beside you? He spoke, now do. He speaks, and we walk in faith. We need no more validation, in reality, than to know that God has sent us. In so knowing we comprehend that He has equipped us, for if He tells us to do something we are incapable, with God all things are possible.

Here is the validation that truly matters. God says, "Go." I say this not because I've heard a voice, but because the Lord has spoken to each of us that which He has called us to. I am not saying to make haste, but to walk in accordance with His will confidently knowing that you are able through His providence to carry out the task He has set before you. Seek not the validation of man, walk to the glory of God.

A

AuntieAnt

Hallelujah! Going with God. \:D/ Thank you for the encouragement, Ben.

Feb 7, 2015
When I first read that, I thought, "Durn! Did I leave the camera on?"

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
I think this is a season in my life where I just sit here and listen. From time to time, I get too excited to share what I'm learning. I know God is preparing me for what lies ahead and I used to loathe the idea of not witnessing exciting things in the kingdom, and not being part of the ministry. But, then again, Jesus took 30 years before He went full ministry mode on.

So, I guess, I'm not exactly doing anything exciting currently, just hearing and hearing. :)

The future is in the balance, as we sit idly by as time flies by. We dream of acting upon our most ambitious desires, yet we sit in wait. Call it destiny, call it fate. Either way action is to be made. Validation as a source of motivation is often key, as we look to man to confirm what God has already called us to.

There are naysayers, words spoken as if a curse distorting your perception of all that is yours. Let their words fall to the ground and hear the voice of God echoing throughout eternity as His word stands tall. Supreme. He has called you, and those He calls He equips. He, God Almighty, has validated you.

What more confirmation do you need than to know that God is beside you? He spoke, now do. He speaks, and we walk in faith. We need no more validation, in reality, than to know that God has sent us. In so knowing we comprehend that He has equipped us, for if He tells us to do something we are incapable, with God all things are possible.

Here is the validation that truly matters. God says, "Go." I say this not because I've heard a voice, but because the Lord has spoken to each of us that which He has called us to. I am not saying to make haste, but to walk in accordance with His will confidently knowing that you are able through His providence to carry out the task He has set before you. Seek not the validation of man, walk to the glory of God.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
I'm doing recovery and healing. That is even more difficult than all the activity I used to do for the Lord. And I'm learning to let others "do" for me the Christian actions of service. That is not always easy.

What helps me is the reading in Ecclesiastics about the different seasons of life. "A time to heal".

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Psalm 86:11, “Teach me Your way, O YHWH; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name.”[/FONT]

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Waiting on the Lord, Ben... calling upon His Name, for it's said they that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength... Actually tired from travel, but those lines from song came to mind.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
I think this is a season in my life where I just sit here and listen. From time to time, I get too excited to share what I'm learning. I know God is preparing me for what lies ahead and I used to loathe the idea of not witnessing exciting things in the kingdom, and not being part of the ministry. But, then again, Jesus took 30 years before He went full ministry mode on.

So, I guess, I'm not exactly doing anything exciting currently, just hearing and hearing. :)
Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God, right? So it seems that all of this listening is equipping you to walk out in faith (eventually).

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Psalm 86:11, “Teach me Your way, O YHWH; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name.”
A beautiful verse, thanks for sharing. I like the part that says to "unite my heart." Its poetic.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
I'm doing recovery and healing. That is even more difficult than all the activity I used to do for the Lord. And I'm learning to let others "do" for me the Christian actions of service. That is not always easy.

What helps me is the reading in Ecclesiastics about the different seasons of life. "A time to heal".
I like that the OP allowed people to self-reflect a little, and express their current status if you will. Thanks for sharing, and even so, expressing yourself so humbly. What you were expressing in some ways makes me think of surrender, letting go and submitting to the sovereignty of God.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Waiting on the Lord, Ben... calling upon His Name, for it's said they that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength... Actually tired from travel, but those lines from song came to mind.
Awesome mar, keep the faith! God isn't a liar, so continue trusting in Him.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
So the TITLE of the thread is a question.

But the Opening Post isn't a question at all, it's just a series of propositions... just stating a bunch of facts.

So... was the title just a rhetorical question?
Do you not really want to know what I'm doing?
Are you saying you don't care about me?
Are you just pretending to care about me but you don't?
Do you not really care what I'm doing at all?
Did you just suck me into this thread with a question, like you care about my actions and opinions, but then all you really wanted to do was just preach at me?
Do you really not care what I'm doing at all?
Do you not care about my feelings?

I feel so hurt... hurt and deceived... I may never get over this.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
So the TITLE of the thread is a question.

But the Opening Post isn't a question at all, it's just a series of propositions... just stating a bunch of facts.

So... was the title just a rhetorical question?
Do you not really want to know what I'm doing?
Are you saying you don't care about me?
Are you just pretending to care about me but you don't?
Do you not really care what I'm doing at all?
Did you just suck me into this thread with a question, like you care about my actions and opinions, but then all you really wanted to do was just preach at me?
Do you really not care what I'm doing at all?
Do you not care about my feelings?

I feel so hurt... hurt and deceived... I may never get over this.
Sensationalism at its finest! :cool:

You know I care for you Maxwel, and if you wish to express your current situation, I'm all ears.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
Right now, I'm trying to get my frozen water pipes unfrozen. :)

But your suggestions are an inspirational way to start the new year.... Now, if I only had water.