What book of the bible do you feel reveals the most about God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shawny_boy

I know the whole bible is awesome, but do you feel that there is one book in particular that reveals God more than others?

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
More than others? Hard one.. because even in books that mention God less are still indirectly about Him - such as Esther.

First one that comes to mind would be John.. because it reveals alot about His saving power.

1still_waters

I'd go with Pslams

Jan 31, 2009
the whole bible unfolds in Gensis this is where God is the most

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
This is a great question.

I personally enjoy the book of Jeremiah... just because the book talks so much about the relationship between Jeremiah and God (and my personality is similar to Jeremiah's--moody and messy, confused at times, but passionate)--for instance, some of the things I love in that book are instances such as God telling Jeremiah to go down to the potter's shop to get a better idea of God's heart towards His creations... Jeremiah's frustrations and feeling down about his calling and God's answers to those feelings... the opposition that Jeremiah faced, even when he did not outwardly know it (when God told him, "Your friends and family are smiling at you and holding out their arms, but in their hearts, they plan to kill you."

I love that Jeremiah's relationship with God is so honest, real, and at times, heart-wrenching--so very much like my own.

It's so hard to pick just one area of the Bible, but I also love passages like Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, let us reason together"--to me, that is God always looking at us with welcoming arms, encouraging us to come and talk to Him about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING we have on our minds... NOTHING is to frivolous, small, or even shocking for us to talk to God about, which is one of the things I love most about Him.

And I am always touched by the raw emotion of Ezekiel 18:31: "For why should you die, O House of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies," says the Lord God. "Therefore turn and live."

To me, this last passage is like someone who is pleading with their friend or family member over a bad choice/habit/addiction they keep going back too--you can hear the anguish in God's voice, because even though we turn from Him again and again, He is anxiously awaiting for us to have a change of heart and repent so that we can walk with Him again.

We truly serve an awesome God!

Jul 17, 2009
I know the whole bible is awesome, but do you feel that there is one book in particular that reveals God more than others?

Hard one. Agree with the other posts. They all seem to play off each other. I'd go with the gospel of John because he opens with and takes us all the way back to the garden and Jesus divinity is unmistakable in that gospel.

But not to say that more of Him is in John than in the others... tricky question. :)

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
From Genesis to Revelation, the personality of God is revealed explicitly. We can see that His desire is for everyone to be saved and lives a holy and righteous life.

S

shawny_boy

This is pretty interesting, noone has the same answer. Shows us that God reveals himself a little differently to everyone eh? Very interesting indeed :D

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
My faves are John, psalms, gen. and corrinthians but I believe all are equal. The one thing I love the most is how alive all the word is and every time I read even the same verse, more is revealed of our Lord. God bless, pickles

C

Cup-of-Ruin

Genesis, Job, John, Revelation

some of my favs...

Status
Not open for further replies.