What do you make of Paul's last words b4 his death? I see women exhorted TO PREACH...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

...THE WORD :)

Paul spoke highly of Priscilla, wife of Aquila, who taught others of Christ in their household. She taught. He taught.
Claudia is a lady mentioned, too, who is working with Paul in his ministry.

Paul says: "Preach the Word," in season and out of season, this just means to preach the Word all the time, as the Lord leads, I will always say. :)

So, what do you think of Paul's last words in 2 Timothy 4, let me highlight several key words and phrases to help you out.
Pray to Him for answers, revelation, and, remember, we are to speak in Love and this is likely to be a HOT topic and controversial but should it be ? I don't know. That's up to you :)

Do note, anger keeps us from Him, allows Satan to rise into our thoughts IF we go to bed with 'them' unforgiven. Eph. 4

Paul's final words in Scripture, from 2 Timothy 4:

In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry. 6For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. 7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
Personal Remarks

9Do your best to come to me quickly, 10for Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia. 11Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, because he is helpful to me in my ministry. 12I sent Tychicus to Ephesus. 13When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas, and my scrolls, especially the parchments.

14Alexander the metalworker did me a great deal of harm. The Lord will repay him for what he has done. 15You too should be on your guard against him, because he strongly opposed our message.
16At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. 17But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion’s mouth. 18The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Final Greetings
19Greet Priscilla[SUP]a[/SUP] and Aquila and the household of Onesiphorus. 20Erastus stayed in Corinth, and I left Trophimus sick in Miletus. 21Do your best to get here before winter. Eubulus greets you, and so do Pudens, Linus, Claudia and all the brothers and sisters.[SUP]b[/SUP]

Many, many folks--men and women--served in Paul's ministry, other women mentioned as being 'servants' or 'deacons,' scome Scripture states, helped Paul. Phoebe was one, and, you can read other women in Romans 16 as Paul praises their 'work.' :)

---------------------------------------

OK, so that said, and, Priscilla is the wife of Aquila and both taught in their household the gospel of Christ as was Paul's main desire in his life, if you read Romans, you will see Paul's distinct wanton desire of this ABOVE all else. :)

Paul was in control of the workers under Him, with, ,of course, God over Paul, His Spirit working through Paul in a 'great' way, which can be read quite clearly in 1 Corinthians 1 . Paul KNEW that Go was who was followed, and, who led. The Lord leads :)

I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,[SUP]a[/SUP] in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas[SUP]b[/SUP] ”; still another, “I follow Christ.” 13Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16(Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.
We are only to follow Christ, we are CRUCIFIED with Christ whence upon we actively CHOOSE Him as our SAviour and Lord as He has drawn us to Him. ALL of us get drawn, not all want to be drawn. Why so?
What fun is it to be His IF we have to PREACH THE GOSPEL.
Men, women, children, HERE, Paul doesn't single out a man here, or, a woman, no, He simply is WANTING those of his ministry to PREACH THE WORD, to help people who are listening to not sound doctrine be understanding of His Truth :)

I highlighted an 'evangelist,' is an evangelist a preacher ? Or, a teacher? Or, a missionary?

Therefore, what was Claudia, what was Aquila considered to be in Paul's ministry that was led by the Lord . :)

Note: I pray we all speak out thoughts on this potentially HOT TOPIC in Love, His Love given us, that we saw when we first Loved Him because we realized He, first, Loved us. )

Out of faith, and, hope, love is most important, not just any 'love,' mind you, but His shown in us to others, to ourselves, and, to Him, first :)

Last edited by a moderator:

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
Of course you do. This was one of the things in a long list of exhortations that Paul issues to Timothy which goes back to chapter 3:10. This is to whom the letter is addressed. Paul is not going to forbid women preaching in one passage to Timothy and then contradict himself in this passage. It never ceases to amaze me the lengths to which you will go in an attempt to prostitute the grammar so that you can have it say what you want it to say!

Last edited:
G

GreenNnice

your defense, oldherm ?

2 Tim. 3:10

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people. 6They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.
A Final Charge to Timothy
10You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, 11persecutions, sufferings—what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. 12In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the servant of God[SUP]a[/SUP] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Paul is addressing who in this chapter, bro ?

And, is Paul talking to just men for who is going to be persecuted, who is to live a godly life, and, who is to use SCripture to make self wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus ?

Does 2 Timothy make men mutually exclusive to teach the God-breathed Scripture ? Rebuke? Correct? Train ? :confused:

G

GreenNnice

What on earth is your point?
And, also of this Scripture you posted, oldherm, it's foreshadowing of God speaking in a great way, through Paul , of WHO all is to live a godly life, not be akin in acceptance to not sound doctrine, etc.

Your continuous desire to make women inferior to men in preaching and teaching ALL of God's desires for THEM ceases to amaze me . The Lord leads. I will follow Him :)

I sure hope they don't foillow you :(

You need to just go pray over all was said in the OP, and, let Him minister to you by FIRE !

Bro, you are just NOT getting it :(

Paul USED men AND WOMEN in 'my ministry,' and, the exhortation by Paul for those of his ministry to go about doing God's work that was instilled in Paul by Christ is clear as day. Why can't you see the light of Paul's revelation that we ALL are to PREACH THE WORD :) We are, bro, ALL of us, to ALL the world.

Women are to just teach women of godliness and things of becoming ladies who please God, but, for evangelizing and teaching others of right doctrine, Paul SOUNDS the call for ALL to do this to ALL people, there is NO distinction of man from woman here :)

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
I think it is best that you and I do not respond to one another's posts. All you do is continue to make me angry with you total disregard and contemptuous handling of the Word of God. I apologize for even responding to your thread. I shall endeavor in the future to never do so again. Good day.

G

GreenNnice

I think it is best that you and I do not respond to one another's posts. All you do is continue to make me angry with you total disregard and contemptuous handling of the Word of God. I apologize for even responding to your thread. I shall endeavor in the future to never do so again. Good day.
Perfect. God bless you, oldherm, in your preaching the Word that God puts on your heart, that you hear through faith, and, feel surely blessing others with as His given words for you to tell ALL :)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
At the risk of angering some/many? here.................I offer the following as FYI:

From Wikipedia:
Deborah (Hebrew:דְבוֹרָה, Modern Dvora Tiberian Dəḇôrā; "Bee", Arabic:دبورة Daborah‎) was a prophetess of the God of the Israelites, the fourth Judgeof pre-monarchic Israel, counselor, warrior, and the wife of Lapidothaccording to the Book of Judges chapters 4 and 5.
The only femalejudge mentioned in the Bible, Deborah led a successful counterattackagainst the forces of Jabinking of Canaanand his military commander Sisera, the narrative is recounted in chapter 4.
Judges chapter5 gives the same story in poetic form. This passage, often called The Song of Deborah,may date to as early as the 12th century BC[SUP][1][/SUP] and isperhaps the earliest sample of Hebrewpoetry. It is also significant because it is one of the oldest passagesthat portrays fighting women, the accountbeing that of Jael,the wife of Heber, a Kenite tent maker.Jael killed Sisera by driving a tent peg through his templeas he slept. Both Deborah and Jael are portrayed as strong independent women.The poem may have been included in the Book of the Wars of the Lordmentioned in Numbers 21:14.
In Hebrew, hername, דְּבוֹרָה, translates as bee. The Deborah number, a dimensionless number used in rheology, isnamed after he
From Chabad.org
The fourth of the judges who ruled over the Jewish people after the death ofJoshua, was not a man, but a woman, one of themost famous of all times, the Prophetess Deborah.Before her were Othniel, Ehud and Shamgar, thelatter only for a short time.
After Ehud's death the Jews forsook the ways of the Torah and adopted many of the idols of the peopleabout them. As a consequence G-d delivered theminto the hands of the King of Canaan, Jabin,whose royal residence was the city of Hazor. His cruel general Sisera oppressed the Jews for twenty years. Siserapossessed a well-trained army of cavalry. He also bad iron chariots that werethe "tanks" of those days. The Jews suffered terribly under the cruelrule of Sisera, and in great despair cried unto G-d.
It was then that G-d sent them Deborah the Prophetess. She was one of theseven women prophetesses whose prophecies are recorded in the Bible.
Deborah lived in the Mountains of Ephraim,between Ramah and Beth-El. In the midst of the sin and idolatry, Deborahremained true to G-d and His Torah. She was wise and G-d fearing, and thepeople flocked to her for advice and help. Deborah held court beneath apalm-tree, in the open air. There, where everyone could hear her, she warnedthe Jewish people and urged them to leave their evil ways and return to G-d.The entire Jewish nation respected this great prophetess.
Deborah was the wife of a man whose name was Lapidoth, which means"torches." Our sages tell us, that at the advice of his wife hefurnished large wicks and oil for the lights of the sanctuary of Shiloh, whichburned like torches. Thus, our Sages say, was the effect of this holy woman oneveryone around her: spreading the light of Torah. Similarly our Sages explainthat she sat under a palm-tree to show to the world that the Jewish people wasall united and turning their eyes again to G-d, like the leaves of the palmturn upward together, towards heaven.
It was fortunate that Deborah had such a tremendous influence. For even thestrongest and noblest of the men of those days had given up hope of turning thetide against the Canaanites' oppression and idolatry.
When Deborah felt that she had helped the people to return to G-d, she sentfor Barak, the son of Abinoam. Some say he washer husband, and that "Barak," meaning lighting, was another name for"Lapidoth." At any rate, Barak was the most influential man in Israel then, and Deborah asked him to raise an armyof ten thousand troops from the tribes of Naphtaliand Zebulun, and gather them at the foot ofmount Tabor, in the Plains of Esdrealon. With this army he was to attack theCanaanite oppressors.
Barak refused to undertake this task by himself, knowing well that only thehelp of G-d and the inspiration of the prophetess Deborah could succeed in thehopeless odds against the iron chariots and cavalry of Sisera. Deborah agreedto accompany him, but she warned him that although he would gain victory, theglory would not be his, but a woman's.
Sisera learned of Barak's approach and led his huge army against the Jews.Naturally, the well-trained and armored Canaanite troops had no difficulty atfirst. They quickly gained the upper hand. But suddenly G-d threw confusioninto their ranks. Rains turned the battlefield into mud, and the chariots werestuck. Terrified by the sudden turn of events, the mighty warriors of Siserafled in all directions. The overjoyed Jewish troops pursued them to the veryhometown of Sisera, Charosheth, and not a single soldier of the Canaanitesescaped.
When Sisera realized his defeat, he quickly descended from his chariot andfled on foot. Seeking a place to hide, he chanced upon the tent of Heber theKenite, who was a descendant of Jethro, thefather-in-law of Moses. Heber had been on goodterms with Jabin, the king of Hazor, the ruler of the Canaanites, and Siserawas only too happy to accept the invitation of Jael,Heber's wife, to bide him in the house until the Jewish army would have passed.
Jael gave him food and drink and, exhausted from the battle, Sisera soonfell into a heavy slumber. Seeing this, the brave Jael decided to make Siserapay for all the cruelties he had committed against the Jewish people.Cautiously approaching the sleeping warrior, she drove a long nail, a tent-pin,through his temple, thus putting an end to the hated oppressor. In the meantimeBarak had arrived at the house of Heber, in hot pursuit of Sisera. Jael cameout to meet him and greeted him with these words: "Come, and I will showthee the man whom thou seekest." She then led Barak into the tent, andthere lay the cruel general, dead.
Thus Deborah's predictions came true: the highest glory of the victorybelonged to a woman, not to Barak, and Deborah herself glorified the brave Jaelin the immortal "Song of Deborah."
The famous Song of Deborah is in many ways similar to the Song of Moses,which he and Israel sang after the miracle at the Red Sea. The extraordinarybeauty and charm of her poem make it next to the "Shiroh" (Song) ofMoses, the greatest of all poetic songs of gratitude to G-d, in our sacredliterature.
Deborah begins by praising the men in Israel who consecrated themselves tothe war of liberation:

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
SUBMITTED AS FYI:

King James Version: 1[SUP]st[/SUP]Corinthians 11:16) But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no suchcustom, neither the churches of God
John 4:1) When therefore the LORD knew how the Pharisees hadheard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,
2 .) (Though Jesushimself baptized not, but his disciples,)
3 .) He left Judaea,and departed again into Galilee.
4 .) And he must needsgo through Samaria.
5 .) Then cometh he toa city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground thatJacob gave to his son Joseph.
6 .) Now Jacob's wellwas there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on thewell: and it was about the sixth hour.
7 .) There cometh awoman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.
8 .) (For his discipleswere gone away unto the city to buy meat.)
9 .) Then saith thewoman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink ofme, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with theSamaritans.
10 .) Jesus answeredand said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith tothee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would havegiven thee living water.
11 .) The woman saithunto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: fromwhence then hast thou that living water?
12 .) Art thou greaterthan our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, andhis children, and his cattle?
13 .) Jesus answeredand said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
14 .) But whosoeverdrinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the waterthat I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up intoeverlasting life.
15 .) The woman saithunto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither todraw.
16 .) Jesus saith untoher, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.
17 .) The womananswered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said,I have no husband:
18 .) For thou hasthad five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidstthou truly.
19 .) The woman saithunto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
20 .) Our fathersworshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place wheremen ought to worship.
21 .) Jesus saith untoher, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in thismountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22 .) Ye worship yeknow not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23 .) But the hourcometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father inspirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 .) God is a Spirit:and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
25 .) The woman saithunto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come,he will tell us all things.
26 .) Jesus saith untoher, I that speak unto thee am he.
27 .) And upon thiscame his disciples, and marvelled that he talked with the woman: yet no mansaid, What seekest thou? or, Why talkest thou with her?
28 .) The woman thenleft her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men,
29 .) Come, see a man,which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?
30 .) Then they wentout of the city, and came unto him.
31 .) In the meanwhile his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat.
32 .) But he said untothem, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.
33 .) Therefore saidthe disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?
34 .) Jesus saith untothem, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
35 .) Say not ye,There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you,Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already toharvest.
36 .) And he thatreapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both hethat soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.
37 .) And herein isthat saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth.
38 .) I sent you toreap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are enteredinto their labours.
39 .) And many of theSamaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, whichtestified, He told me all that ever I did.
40 .) So when theSamaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them:and he abode there two days.
41 .) And many morebelieved because of his own word;
42 .) And said untothe woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard himourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
submitted as FYI:

BiblePlaces.com
[TABLE="class: MsoNormalTable, width: 487"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 585, bgcolor: transparent"] Temple of Apollo
The lower city was the location of the Temple of Apollo while the Acrocorinth was dominated by the Temple of Aphrodite. Greek writers in the 5th-4th centuries BC characterized Corinth as a city of commercialized love and a "Corinthian girl" meant a prostitute. The Corinthian church of Paul's day struggled with worldliness and sexual sin, both of which were typical of this cosmopolitan city. The temple originally had 38 columns of the Doric order; 7 are standing today.
[/TD]
[TD="width: 65, bgcolor: transparent"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Bema
Paulspent 18 months in the city before the Jews of the city charged him withbreaking the law and brought him before Gallio at the city's place of judgment(bema). The mention of Gallio provides an anchor for New Testament chronologyas we know from Roman sources that Gallio was proconsul of Achaia from June 51to May 52. Standing on this platform, the proconsul dismissed the chargesagainst Paul as a dispute of Jewish law and not of a criminal nature.

Agora
InCorinth Paul met Aquila and Priscilla, Jews recently expelled by EmperorClaudius from Rome. The three of these were tentmakers (or leather workers) andmay have had their place of business in the city's commercial marketplace(agora). This would have afforded Paul numerous occasions to speak withcustomers and passers-by of the resurrection of Christ. Acts notes that Paulspent each Shabbat trying to persuade Jews and Greeks
ACTS18:24) And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquentman, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.
25 .) This man wasinstructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spakeand taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.
26 .) And he began tospeak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, theytook him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.
27 .) And when he wasdisposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples toreceive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed throughgrace:
28 .) For he mightilyconvinced the Jews, and that publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesuswas Christ.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
The message of evangelizing is to all it is a form of teaching and correction but the actual office of teacher or pastor apostol are exclusive for men as the scriptures teach us the women are allowed the prophetess deacon office to be an example to all women in Godliness the prophet office is allowed in women for it is not her Words but God speaking i am currently doing a full documentary on the prophets but everyone is allowed to witness for christ except fot the few offices that are open to all women of good report and chosen

G

GreenNnice

What's being said here in this OP is very simple: The Lord leads.

That's what Paul's saying , for men and women. We are BOTH to PREACH THE WORD , in season and out of season. This exhortation is NOT to just men, don't be silly.

Paul is speaking to ALL people and in the end of Paul's exhortation of 2 Tim. 3 he uses one of the most revered SCritpture by ALL who Love Him :) 2 Timothy 3:16 .

This is Paul letting us KNOW that to PREACH THE WORD in the power of the Power we CAN be confident that EVERY WORD from the bible is authoritative, aptly fit for correction, rebuking, teaching, etc. ALL of Paul's ministers, men and women of 'MY MINISTRY' are urged, exhorted to PREACH THE WORD . So , simple. I'm not getting into women being pastors in a church over men here, either, so, quit thinking that. Let's just take this Scripture for what it says and it says that Paul is wanting ALL of those who are a part of his ministry to CONTINUE in the goof fight of faith and working too like Paul has DONE, in reaching toward the crown of righteousness that Paul's work of faithfully following Christ shows ALL who have followed Him who has shown them how He lives His life to follow Christ . See, the Lord leads, Paul, and, He leads all of us to His great riches of glory as we follow Him in our own lives , PREACHING THE WORD :) "...you follow Me." John 21:22 :)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Galatians 3:21) Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
22 .) But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23 .) But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 .) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 .) But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 .) For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 .) For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 .) There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 .) And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Ok, so if we are all children of God, and heirs according to the promise, and one in Christ Jesus, and there is neither male nor female, how do we deny women the right to be "true to their calling?"

Just wondering........because the teachings in 1st Corinthians were based on the "customs" of that time, and the reality of the people at that time...........see my earlier post concerning this....

God bless.

G

GreenNnice

The message of evangelizing is to all it is a form of teaching and correction but the actual office of teacher or pastor apostol are exclusive for men as the scriptures teach us the women are allowed the prophetess deacon office to be an example to all women in Godliness the prophet office is allowed in women for it is not her Words but God speaking i am currently doing a full documentary on the prophets but everyone is allowed to witness for christ except fot the few offices that are open to all women of good report and chosen
Ok, great , yes, women can evangelize to ALL but not in a church setting, got it, that's what you believe, fine.

but, please, do not make this a woman as pastor thread , thanks :)

------------
well, said, Pblankrehbein, we have examples of God using women in 'great' roles in Scripture, like Deborah, like, as I said, in this post, Priscilla, who taught Christ in her home, with her husband, Aquila, and, also, Claudia :)

Apr 16, 2018
Paul was only "fulfilling Scripture" GOD promised HE would do under The New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:22 "...for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man."

A

Ariel82

Miss our greenNnice monster, haven't seen him in ages.hope life is treating him well.

A simple message: everyone male Or female (for all are the same In Christ) should preach the Word and evangelize.