What do you think about dating??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 13, 2007
If you don't care and don't need a guy, then it's not a big deal if you don't kiss him. You're only 15, you have way more important things to focus on than kissing a guy, dating, marrying, etc. You shouldn't be expected to know what you want in life yet, I mean not totally. Considering you know first hand just what a kiss can lead to, that's all the more reason to avoid it unless you have total self control and the guy does as well.

Apr 13, 2007
That's what I'm saying, be friends first yes, then eventually date if you both feel the same way, and marry them. I just don't think it's a major issue really, as to if we're single or not. I mean come on,a man or woman(whatever the case may be) does NOT make us complete, only the Lord can do that! Take it slow that's best, don't rush into things, that always leads to issues and it doesn't work. Often times, many make mistakes they regret for the rest of their life even though they repent and are forgiven, the enemy will bring it up against them.

M

MeganneCheers

Maybe for THE ONE. But being friends and then dating never works ouut!

Apr 13, 2007
Yes it does, most are just friends, then date, and then marry. It works out great for them. You get older, you'll understand and see it the same way more. you'll get some experience and that's what teaches you. Seek God, He will show you the answers. I'll be praying for all of you, and each of you stay blessed in Jesus name.

M

MeganneCheers

Wow, really?
Okay. WHATEVER.
&& obviously it took more than a kiss to lead to me having sex. It wasn't from that.
And the fact that I'm 15 isn't really...

Okay, actually, I'm ignoring yooh now, cause I'm about to turn into a beeotch.

Apr 13, 2007
Yeah you know, you should calm down, I've only spoken the truth. Ignore me all you want, but that's a bad idea, cause the Lord's speaking through me, and you ignore Him you'll get yourself into some serious trouble. Could you please type/spell properly and correctly please? I'm serious, not joking, or being rude, but when people type funny like that, makes it hard for some of us to read, it hurts our eyes and all. You have a spirit of rebellion and bitterness about you dear, that's very clear, I'll be praying for you. I've not said anything wrong, or whatever to you. I was your age before, I know all about how things feel different and all then. It's not always the physical age either. Anyhow, there's no need to get upset,everyone else is calm on here. Stay blessed, praying for you :) yes it took more than a kiss, I didn't deny you that, BUT a kiss did what? started the whole thing and led to more. Just saying, but yeah, pray, and calm down

M

MeganneCheers

OHMYGOODNESS.
I'm not even bitter, I'm actually one of the happiest people I know, I am a rebel though.

And why does God speak through yooh moreso than through me? That seemed a bit ridiculous.

M

MeganneCheers

Ohh okaay :)
Thanks.

Apr 13, 2007
Indeed I meant the word of God, and also, as we all*note* I didn't say some of us, or call anyone out specifically, I said ALL of us, mature spiritually we see things in a whole new light. A whole new perspective, a whole new everything. I do apologize if you took something personal and offensively, however I don't apologize for what I said, as I said what I felt the Lord told me to say. I was just speaking generally on everything I said, I wasn't saying it directly at you. Next time I'll try and make that clear. sorry for the mix up, but yeah it's all good, I never meant any harm, offense, or anything else. It was said out of goodness.

A

artistic_dreams

I am not saying that dating is wrong, the way the world date is wrong.
And I am not saying its wrong t kiss your boyfriend or anything, i just think that as God's people we should be different in everyway.
I think its awesome the way you are "dating "courting" whatever. I think dating is good, you just have to truly know the person first by being their friend.

In My personal life If someday I find someone who I start liking and everything, I wil try to be his friend first of course and then pray about it and if that is a big possibility that we can get married one day then i will date him. That is my plan but i am just a human, I hope the Lord will keep me thinking that way.

Its not that easy, especially when cute guys ask you out..lol

ok correct me if im wrong....i know u believe dating is not wrong...but reread your very first post..infact the first line.....you yourself dont believe in dating and now you say you would date if u find the the right one???....might want to take a breather and refocus....i know there is nothing wrong w/dating...thats how ppl get to know each other and i find it great that you put the lord in there so strongly in all your decisions....being friends is the best thing to do in the beginning....then yes you see where it leads......its all good.....its not easy either but hey you are young....so just enjoy life hon and try not to stress it....blessings

A

artistic_dreams

Yeah you know, you should calm down, I've only spoken the truth. Ignore me all you want, but that's a bad idea, cause the Lord's speaking through me, and you ignore Him you'll get yourself into some serious trouble. Could you please type/spell properly and correctly please? I'm serious, not joking, or being rude, but when people type funny like that, makes it hard for some of us to read, it hurts our eyes and all. You have a spirit of rebellion and bitterness about you dear, that's very clear, I'll be praying for you. I've not said anything wrong, or whatever to you. I was your age before, I know all about how things feel different and all then. It's not always the physical age either. Anyhow, there's no need to get upset,everyone else is calm on here. Stay blessed, praying for you :) yes it took more than a kiss, I didn't deny you that, BUT a kiss did what? started the whole thing and led to more. Just saying, but yeah, pray, and calm down

i have to agree w/u 100 percent....never apologzie for what the lord have you say or do...shes a youngun thats only going to see it her way...i have a teenager so i know whats going on...they hate to hear the truth in any form....blessings to you sister and keep up that good work...

Apr 13, 2007
i have to agree w/u 100 percent....never apologzie for what the lord have you say or do...shes a youngun thats only going to see it her way...i have a teenager so i know whats going on...they hate to hear the truth in any form....blessings to you sister and keep up that good work...

Well you know ma'am, I was thinking and feeling somethings myself, along the lines of what you just said. However sometimes it's best not to say somethings, so I didn't. I was always taught ''if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all'' so I stood by that. I didn't hold back on what the Lord told me to say though, I can't do that, I'd be quenching the Spirit and I refuse to do that. I was that way as a teen, but I outgrew it, and it wasn't actually that way...I mean I wasn't ''oh I want to kiss a guy'' or ''I want to make out that's all'' etc. one reason things are the way they are is due to the foods we eat. Things put in them, they make children and teens mature faster in a manner, and yeah...we won't go there, but anyhow. thanks for seeing my point sister and stay blessed :)

M

Musilany

artistic-dream maybe I expressed myself wrong, when i said I dont believe in dating i mean that i would date somebody for the sake of dating, or date like the world does. I
would date a person that i feel there is a strong possiblity of us geting married and not date a bunch to people to get to know them, if i want to get to know someone i just have to be their friend.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Wow, really?
Okay. WHATEVER.
&& obviously it took more than a kiss to lead to me having sex. It wasn't from that.
And the fact that I'm 15 isn't really...

Okay, actually, I'm ignoring yooh now, cause I'm about to turn into a beeotch.

Really??, the word beeotch??? You couldnt come up with somethin better than that?

C

charisenexcelcis

I always counseled my children of not worrying about "dating" or "courting", just to have friends without all the drama and expectations. There is too much pressure on kids/teenagers to begin with.

Apr 13, 2007
I always counseled my children of not worrying about "dating" or "courting", just to have friends without all the drama and expectations. There is too much pressure on kids/teenagers to begin with.
That's why you wait until you're old enough, mature enough, and stable enough. Teens and children shouldn't really date as far as being in a relationship probably, as well that's a given with the times now, but anyhow...when they're old enough, responsible, etc. there's nothing wrong with it. People can't be sheltered all their life, we must all make our own decisions by praying and asking God about it,and following His will. I know people that it's just so sad, they're a well grown adult and still ask permission to do things, have certain friends, etc. that's a bit over the top. Generally if you'll start out with just a friend, it eventually blossoms into more in time. Drama and expectations can be avoided as well, depending on the two people. I understand what you're saying, and I agree in the aspect children and teens shouldn't date. I have a cousin, she's 11, when she was 10 she was telling me about her ex's I'm like what!?!?!?!?:confused::eek: 10 years old and you have ex boyfriends, that's just wow yeah...no child that young should even be thinking of boys in that manner. The worst part is, the parents, guardian, or whomever, allows it these days. Freedom isn't to be taken too lightly, it's a serious thing. Don't control them all their life, but don't give them more freedom than they're ready for, based upon each and every individual group of parents and how they see best fit as they know their child or children. :)