What Does Christ Mean To You?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lighthousejohn

As I was reflecting on the events of Holy week, I paused to think "What does Christ mean to me?". I have recorded some of those thoughts below. When I was finished I wrote this addition to my signature.

"It is not the glory in my words but the Glory in my heart that assures my salvation!" John Tyler

It is not a scripture verse. It just something I thought of that expresses my feelings. Words are mere devices we use to convey our emotions, feelings, ideas and so forth. They can portray both the truth and the lie. We are recognized for our words. We receive acclaim, both good and bad for our words. That acclaim is our glory.

Christ in my heart is a completely different thing altogether. He is life itsefl. He is the purveyor of pure truth. He is my only source of security. He provides me with comfort. He is my solace when I am troubled. He is my strength when I am weak. He is the Glory of God himself and He is in me!

What does Christ mean to you?

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Everything! Everything in faith, hope ,love. Everything in what I learn, give , recieve, belive. He is how I came to know God Our Father!
And what I have come to see,learn, be disaplined,be loved by, and how he makes me laugh. His Holy Spirit, agian , everything. Yet now also within me.
I see how Im just a grasshopper, yet loved, protected and promised too. Despite all my sin and failings. I am loved perfectly, along with everyone that looks to Jesus and his sacrifice. The cross, so simple a sign, yet everything!
God bless, pickles

M

Mulehide

He truly is everything to me. He's my peace and my comfort. He's my joy. He's my Rock and my shelter. Thank you Jesus

L

lighthousejohn

Everything! Everything in faith, hope ,love. Everything in what I learn, give , recieve, belive. He is how I came to know God Our Father!
And what I have come to see,learn, be disaplined,be loved by, and how he makes me laugh. His Holy Spirit, agian , everything. Yet now also within me.
I see how Im just a grasshopper, yet loved, protected and promised too. Despite all my sin and failings. I am loved perfectly, along with everyone that looks to Jesus and his sacrifice. The cross, so simple a sign, yet everything!
God bless, pickles
Well said Pickles! AMen!

L

lighthousejohn

He truly is everything to me. He's my peace and my comfort. He's my joy. He's my Rock and my shelter. Thank you Jesus
Amen and Amen!

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
To me Christ Jesus, is first of all my Lord and Saviour, my redemer from the wrath to come, who called me and gave me true eteral life that he secured on that wrecthed cross, he loved me so much that he paid the ultimate price; death, so that I can Live in Him. His blood cleanses me from all stain, he is my love, my intercessor,my all. He is life itself.

Phil

Feb 9, 2010
67Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. 69And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God(John 6:67-69).

Where else would I go,who else would I follow,for the only benefit there is,is to follow Christ.Like Jesus said what has a man profited if he gain the whole world and lose his soul.Jesus is my life and has to be for I do not want to perish.This world means nothing and like Paul said he counts it all as dung that he may win Christ.
Who loves like Christ.Who cares for me like Christ.

Matt

G

glenwood74

Jesus Christ is the meaning of life. He is the answer to life's important questions. Jesus is my Savior, my Friend, my King, and my God.