WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
This is how 1 Thessalonians 5:21,22 reads. "But examine everyting carefully; hold fast to that which is good; vs22, abstain from every form of evil." (NASB).

The following is what kenneth hagin said. "Christ's physical death on the cross was not enough to save us. (How Jesus obtainined His Name, cassette #44-H01)

"Physical death would not remove our sins. He tasted death for every man--spiritual death. Jesus is the first person ever to be born again. Why did HIS spirit need to be born again? Because it was estranged from God. (The Name of Jesus, 29,30.)

Next I am going to give quotes by kenneth copeland who expands on what hagin taught copeland. And btw, these quotes are not taken out of context, they really believe and teach this stuff to their followers.

"The righteousness of God was made to be sin. He accepted the sin nature of Satan in His own spirit. And at the moment that He did so, He cried, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken Me?" You don't know what happened at the cross. Why do you think Moses, upon the instruction of God, raised a serpent up on that pole instead of a lamb? That used to bug me. I said, "why in the world would you want to put a snake up there - the sign of Satan? Why didn't you put a lamb up on that pole?" And the Lord said, "Because it was the3 sign of Satan that was hanging in the cross." He said, "I accepted in my own spirit, spiritual death, and the light was turned off." (Kenneth Copeland, "What Happened from the Cross to the Throne" (Fort Worth, TX; Kenneth Copeland Ministries, 1990). audiotape #02-0017, side 2.)

The following is a prophecy by copeland: "Don't be disturbed when peiple put you down and speak harshly and roughly of you. They spoke that way of Me, should they not speak that way of you? The more you get to be like Me, the more they're going to think that way of you. They crucified Me for claiming that I was God. But I didn't claim I was God; I just claimed I walked with Him and that He was in Me. Hallelujah." (Kenneth Copeland, Take Time to Pray, Believer's Vocie of Victory 15, 2 (February 1987).

Now the question is, how do we prove all things and abstain from the appearance of evil with the above quotes? Or has wanderer stated, how are we to "eat the meat and spit out the bones" in these statements? :eek: PS: More quotes are forthcoming!

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

nowyouseem033

Jul 17, 2014
What a bunch of nonesense and flat out heresy.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
You hold up what's being said to the light of God's word. If it doesn't pass muster, throw it away!!!

Actually it reminds me of how you determine if you have counterfeit money or not. My husband use to be a police officer and the way they determine counterfeit money is to study the genuine bills. They study and know everything about the bills. So when they see a fake it's obvious to them.

Same with God's word. Study it, know it backwards and forwards. Know the genuine and it's obvious when a forgery sails through the mouths of deceivers. When the enemy speaks, the Holy Spirit reveals the lies spoken by him. That's the promise. The Holy Spirit will lead and guide us into all truth. He will not speak on His own, but will remind us of what Jesus taught.

Jun 1, 2016
This is how 1 Thessalonians 5:21,22 reads. "But examine everyting carefully; hold fast to that which is good; vs22, abstain from every form of evil." (NASB).

The following is what kenneth hagin said. "Christ's physical death on the cross was not enough to save us. (How Jesus obtainined His Name, cassette #44-H01)

"Physical death would not remove our sins. He tasted death for every man--spiritual death. Jesus is the first person ever to be born again. Why did HIS spirit need to be born again? Because it was estranged from God. (The Name of Jesus, 29,30.)

Next I am going to give quotes by kenneth copeland who expands on what hagin taught copeland. And btw, these quotes are not taken out of context, they really believe and teach this stuff to their followers.

"The righteousness of God was made to be sin. He accepted the sin nature of Satan in His own spirit. And at the moment that He did so, He cried, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken Me?" You don't know what happened at the cross. Why do you think Moses, upon the instruction of God, raised a serpent up on that pole instead of a lamb? That used to bug me. I said, "why in the world would you want to put a snake up there - the sign of Satan? Why didn't you put a lamb up on that pole?" And the Lord said, "Because it was the3 sign of Satan that was hanging in the cross." He said, "I accepted in my own spirit, spiritual death, and the light was turned off." (Kenneth Copeland, "What Happened from the Cross to the Throne" (Fort Worth, TX; Kenneth Copeland Ministries, 1990). audiotape #02-0017, side 2.)

The following is a prophecy by copeland: "Don't be disturbed when peiple put you down and speak harshly and roughly of you. They spoke that way of Me, should they not speak that way of you? The more you get to be like Me, the more they're going to think that way of you. They crucified Me for claiming that I was God. But I didn't claim I was God; I just claimed I walked with Him and that He was in Me. Hallelujah." (Kenneth Copeland, Take Time to Pray, Believer's Vocie of Victory 15, 2 (February 1987).

Now the question is, how do we prove all things and abstain from the appearance of evil with the above quotes? Or has wanderer stated, how are we to "eat the meat and spit out the bones" in these statements? :eek: PS: More quotes are forthcoming!

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
Jesus was without sin, entirely. at the crucifixion when He said my God my God why have you forsaken me" that is a prophecy from the old testament that was fulfilled, just as all fulfillment pf prophecy in Jesus, it is for the testimony that He is the Christ.

psalm 22:1 "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from my cries of anguish?"

I have heard so many different interpretations of this such as " God had to look away because Jesus became sin on the cross" part of that is true.
Paul says ...

2 corinthians 5:21 "
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

Peter says also ...

1 peter 2:24 "
He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

when we say "christ" were talking about the one promised through the old testament in passages like isaiah 53, the christ or messiah would come, bear the iniquity of all mankind, suffer and die. thats PART of the Christs role, the holy One, who would have no sin, yet would die in the place of sinners, in order to save sinners from the death that is promised in the Law of moses to sinners.

consider concerning the bronze serpent, that the issue was a swarm of deadly snakes began biting and killing them, and then God commanded moses to make the bronze serpent when they who were bitten by the poisounous snakes looked then at the bronze sanke, they would Live. they were given a command to do so, and those who looked as commanded lived. Jesus isnt the snake, it is a foreshadow that He would save those who looked to Him.

I used to listen to copeland about 17 or so years ago, until i realized the things he was saying were focused on financial prosperity. i think alot of pastors start out with a good heart and then become popular and money and honor creeps into thier hearts...and from there they lose the truth somewhere along the way because they follow those things rather than Jesus

bluto

Aug 4, 2016

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
Bumped .......................

Last edited by a moderator:

bluto

Aug 4, 2016

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
Bumped again .................

Last edited by a moderator:

wanderer6059

Oct 27, 2013

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
http://www.ekklesia.lt/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Kenneth-E-Hagin-The-Name-of-Jesus.pdf

again reed the book, the "quote" your mentioning is not there....

kenneth copeland who expands on what hagin taught copeland. KC whent ot ORU, not Rhema, try again.

go back to the other thread, stop trying to harass me because you can't prove what you say.

CS1

May 23, 2012
for my two sense prove all thing: live the life you profess; thus proving your walk is true ...

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
What happend wanderer, did I hit a nerve? What do you mean, "stop trying to harass me?" Is the following prophecy by copeland true or false?

"The following is a prophecy by copeland: "Don't be disturbed when peiple put you down and speak harshly and roughly of you. They spoke that way of Me, should they not speak that way of you? The more you get to be like Me, the more they're going to think that way of you. They crucified Me for claiming that I was God. But I didn't claim I was God; I just claimed I walked with Him and that He was in Me. Hallelujah." (Kenneth Copeland, Take Time to Pray, Believer's Vocie of Victory 15, 2 (February 1987)."

Did Jesus Christ claim to be God? Or let me put it another way? Why was Jesus Christ at His trial accused of blasphemy? What was the blasphemy wanderer? And btw, I have the whole prophecy copeland made above where he is into "Transmigration" which means people will be in their kitchen baking brownies and they will be transmigrated to Africa or some other country to share the gospel with them and then they will return back to their kitchen. This is the kind of heretical false prophet you are following. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

H

HisHolly

If God was showing you truth you'd have some gentleness when you speak.. Your nastiness shows you have no idea what you're saying except what you tell yourself.
What happend wanderer, did I hit a nerve? What do you mean, "stop trying to harass me?" Is the following prophecy by copeland true or false?

"The following is a prophecy by copeland: "Don't be disturbed when peiple put you down and speak harshly and roughly of you. They spoke that way of Me, should they not speak that way of you? The more you get to be like Me, the more they're going to think that way of you. They crucified Me for claiming that I was God. But I didn't claim I was God; I just claimed I walked with Him and that He was in Me. Hallelujah." (Kenneth Copeland, Take Time to Pray, Believer's Vocie of Victory 15, 2 (February 1987)."

Did Jesus Christ claim to be God? Or let me put it another way? Why was Jesus Christ at His trial accused of blasphemy? What was the blasphemy wanderer? And btw, I have the whole prophecy copeland made above where he is into "Transmigration" which means people will be in their kitchen baking brownies and they will be transmigrated to Africa or some other country to share the gospel with them and then they will return back to their kitchen. This is the kind of heretical false prophet you are following. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

wanderer6059

Oct 27, 2013

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
ive already told you i don't read any of KC, and you must be because you ran from that other thread when i dropped the bible in context on you and you where not smart enough to respond to it let alone respond to it apparently....

H

HisHolly

What's sad is these anti WOF people leave out so many lesser known preachers but hammer the only ones all other blind folks go for... Then think all must follow the same few mentioned.. get over personal vendetta and praise God that Jesus rose for our victory

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
What's sad is these anti WOF people leave out so many lesser known preachers but hammer the only ones all other blind folks go for... Then think all must follow the same few mentioned.. get over personal vendetta and praise God that Jesus rose for our victory
Well holly that makes all the difference in the world? Why didn't you say so before now that I'm leaving out lots of lesser know preachers? :rolleyes: I didn't know that heretical teachings by anybody has a time limit? You would have a "small" point if any of these heretical people came forward and repented of their teachings. But that has not happened except for one person I know that has repented and found the real Jesus Christ. Guess who it is holly?

Secondly, you can still buy all kinds of their materials in book form, pamphlet form, cd's and videos and even watch some of them on tv. You need to wake up and get with the program holly instead of sitting on your butt singing "kumbayah" to yourself. And your dam right I'm on a "vendetta," it's against false teachers and prophets who are really savage wolves attacking the church not only from without, but from within. And what I say about these people and how I feel about them are two different things. I don't "HATE" them, I hate what they teach and I continue to pray for God to open the eyes of their hearts. Why aren't you helping out holly like you are commanded to do? :eek: PS: Here is a list of wof teachers and preachers. Pick out some of the more recent ones for me. FALSE TEACHERS LIST | FALSE PROPHETS EXPOSED

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

Last edited:
H

HisHolly

I don't want to be like you, so I'll pass.
Well holly that makes all the difference in the world? Why didn't you say so before now that I'm leaving out lots of lesser know preachers? :rolleyes: I didn't know that heretical teachings by anybody has a time limit? You would have a "small" point if any of these heretical people came forward and repented of their teachings. But that has not happened except for one person I know that has repented and found the real Jesus Christ. Guess who it is holly?

Secondly, you can still buy all kinds of their materials in book form, pamphlet form, cd's and videos and even watch some of them on tv. You need to wake up and get with the program holly instead of sitting on your butt singing "kumbayah" to yourself. And your dam right I'm on a "vendetta," it's against false teachers and prophets who are really savage wolves attacking the church not only from without, but from within. And what I say about these people and how I feel about them are two different things. I don't "HATE" them, I hate what they teach and I continue to pray for God to open the eyes of their hearts. Why aren't you helping out holly like you are commanded to do? :eek: PS: Here is a list of wof teachers and preachers. Pick out some of the more recent ones for me. FALSE TEACHERS LIST | FALSE PROPHETS EXPOSED

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
ive already told you i don't read any of KC, and you must be because you ran from that other thread when i dropped the bible in context on you and you where not smart enough to respond to it let alone respond to it apparently....
Ok fine, you don't read any kc. Then tell me what you think of kg and kc together in the following videos? KENNETH HAGIN - FALSE TEACHER | SO4J.com :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

H

HisHolly

Do you not know that KC wasn't a direct student of his? He went to meetings KH held but they were not closer than others were with KH.. This is what I mean, learn associations then ask..
Ok fine, you don't read any kc. Then tell me what you think of kg and kc together? KENNETH HAGIN - FALSE TEACHER | SO4J.com :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

wanderer6059

Oct 27, 2013
Ok fine, you don't read any kc. Then tell me what you think of kg and kc together in the following videos? KENNETH HAGIN - FALSE TEACHER | SO4J.com :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
i think you are taking a HG meeting out of context. maybee if you had ever been to one your know... hey btw i left you some scripture in the other thread, lets go back to it.

Prove all things - Subject everything submitted to you to be believed to the proper test. The word here used (δοκιμάζετε dokimazete), is one that is properly applicable to metals, referring to the art of the assayer, by which the true nature and value of the metal is tested; see notes, 1 Corinthians 3:13. This trial was usually made by fire. The meaning here is, that they were carefully to examine everything proposed for their belief. They were not to receive it on trust; to take it on assertion; to believe it because it was urged with vehemence, zeal, or plausibility. In the various opinions and doctrines which were submitted to them for adoption, they were to apply the appropriate tests from reason and the word of God, and what they found to be true they were to embrace; what was false they were to reject. Christianity does not require people to disregard their reason, or to be credulous. It does not expect them to believe anything because others say it is so. It does not make it a duty to receive as undoubted truth all that synods and councils have decreed; or all that is advanced by the ministers of religion. It is, more than any other form of religion, the friend of free inquiry, and would lead people everywhere to understand the reason of the opinions which they entertain; compare Acts 17:11-12; 1 Peter 3:15.

20Do not treat prophecies with contempt, 21but test all things. Hold fast to what is good. 22Abstain from every form of evil.…

Text Analysis
[TABLE="class: cms_table_cms_table, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD][TABLE="class: cms_table_cms_table_maintext, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_top, width: 17%, bgcolor: #0099FF"]Strong's[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_top, width: 20%, bgcolor: #0099FF"]Transliteration[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_top, width: 21%, bgcolor: #0099FF"]Greek[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_top, width: 21%, bgcolor: #0099FF"]English[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_top, width: 21%, bgcolor: #0099FF"]Morphology[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_strongsnt"]3956 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_translit"]panta[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_greek2"]πάντα[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_eng"]all things[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_pos"]Adj-ANP[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_strongsnt"]1161 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_translit"]de[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_greek2"]δὲ[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_eng"]however[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_pos"]Conj[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_strongsnt"]1381 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_translit"]dokimazete[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_greek2"]δοκιμάζετε,[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_eng"]test.[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_pos"]V-PMA-2P[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_strongsnt"]3588 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_translit"]to[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_greek2"]τὸ[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_eng"]to the[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_pos"]Art-ANS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_strongsnt"]2570 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_translit"]kalon[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_greek2"]καλὸν[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_eng"]good[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_pos"]Adj-ANS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_strongsnt"]2722 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_translit"]katechete[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_greek2"]κατέχετε·[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_eng"]hold fast.[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_cms_table_pos"]V-PMA-2P[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

dokimazo: I put to the test, prove, examine
Original Word: δοκιμάζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: dokimazo
Phonetic Spelling: (dok-im-ad'-zo)
Short Definition: I put to the test, prove, examine
Definition: I put to the test, prove, examine; I distinguish by testing, approve after testing; I am fit.HELPS Word-studies
Cognate: 1381 dokimázō (from 1384 /dókimos, "approved") – properly, to try (test) to show something is acceptable (real, approved); put to the test to reveal what is good (genuine). See 1384 (dokimos).
1381 /dokimázō ("to approve by testing") is done to demonstrate what is good, i.e. passes the necessary test. 1381 (dokimázō) does not focus on disproving something (i.e. to show it is bad).

Strong's Concordance
katechó: to hold fast, hold back
Original Word: κατέχω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: katechó
Phonetic Spelling: (kat-ekh'-o)
Short Definition: I hold fast, bind, restrain
Definition: (a) I hold fast, bind, arrest, (b) I take possession of, lay hold of, (c) I hold back, detain, restrain, (d) I hold a ship, keep its head.

Strong's Concordance
kalos: beautiful, good
Original Word: καλός, ή, όν
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: kalos
Phonetic Spelling: (kal-os')
Short Definition: beautiful, good, worthy
Definition: beautiful, as an outward sign of the inward good, noble, honorable character; good, worthy, honorable, noble, and seen to be so.

wanderer6059

Oct 27, 2013
i see you looking Bluto, i'm waiting for a response to that Word...

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012

So what was it that you found in the Bible that makes you think that this is a false teaching?

So if believe that he is born of the flesh is flesh, do you deny that Jesus came in the flesh? Then why did it repent the LORD that he made man on earth?

Of course they are not taken out of context cause you have the mind of Copeland, but Copeland has the mind of Christ so do you have the mind of Christ too?

So you agree with Copeland that the serpent is the sign of Satan?

S[FONT=&quot]ounds like to me that the he went under the water a male man and rose a United Nations Postal Carrier.[/FONT]

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

Good to see your efforts to make us aware of these quotes made by these individuals, but whose comments are those in your quotes or are those we questions we should ask ourselves?

H

HisHolly

He has to read more of what others say so he can respond. So far it's all opinions from others, no Revelation from God to him personally... He should turn this title on himself and prove what these sources are saying..... Holding fast the tradition of man and their self taught hunting duty... Peter clearly defined fakes.. If someone doesn't hit all those points and God hasn't spoken, then

Obviously there are false teachers but do all the accused line up with SOUND description?