What does my sleeptalking mean?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

ilovegodandroll

So I've had a habit of sleeptalking recently, and what I've discovered is that I have a habit of trying to talk to my mother.

Dream Talk Recorder
Dream Talk Recorder
Dream Talk Recorder

My parents are going through a divorce, so that's probably part of it. My dad is giving us plenty of problems. But I wanted to know if it's evil because of how often I do it. I used to only do it once or twice a month, but now, if I could guess, I say some variant of "mother" at least once or twice a week.

I also think it's evil because the Bible says you need to "hate your parents" according to Luke 14:26. Am I prioritizing the wrong things if we assume that my utterances for "mama" are expressions of love for her?

What I'm most concerned about is that sometimes I get a weird recording of a man, which I'm certain is a demon. He usually grunts, but last night he said "don't f*** with you". I didn't respond to that and never do, so I think it might be him tinkering with my phone. Do I change apps (I use Dream Talk Recorder) or do I stop the recordings all together? Or is it there a demon in my room?

Thanks,
Anon E. Musse

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Seriously? "Anon E. Musse"?

I think you need to read the commandment that states "HONOR thy parents". The bible doesn't say to hate your parents. Get off the stupid apps. Stop the recordings altogether. Doubtful that there are demons in your room.

Huglife

Aug 15, 2016
lol remember the shapeshifting demon thing?

Dont think about it girl. Its not a demon. And I would take blues advice about the recordings. That just makes it worse. If you can, I would get a cat to sleep with you at night if you have one. I do. They make great company :)
The sleep talking thing is natural. I do it. My father does it. I laugh in my sleep. I used to hit people when I sleep (True story)

and when does the bible say hate your parents? Love each other as I have loved you. Jesus told us this. No hate was ever mentioned.

Last edited:
I

ilovegodandroll

"If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone else by comparison--your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple." -- Luke 14:26, New Living Translation

I know I can't ACTUALLY hate my parents, but if I was really prioritizing what I need to, wouldn't I be sleep-praying?

Huglife

Aug 15, 2016
"If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone else by comparison--your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple." -- Luke 14:26, New Living Translation

I know I can't ACTUALLY hate my parents, but if I was really prioritizing what I need to, wouldn't I be sleep-praying?
He is saying that your love for God must be so great that it seems that you "hate" everyone else by comparrisons. Its a metaphor

Feb 28, 2016
Fear God and keep His Commandments, for this is the whole duty of man'...

G

Galatea

Sleep talking is 100% normal and usually stops as you get older. I talked in my sleep a lot, and my sister and I actually had a conversation- in our sleep! My mother watched us do this. It is not demon possession, it's simply a natural phase of life. It has nothing to do with hating your parents. My mother said I would say complete gibberish. Please don't worry about it and stop recording yourself unless you just want to see the off the wall things you say while you are asleep. Sleep talking is physical, not spiritual. I actually had a conversation with my students not too long ago about talking in your sleep. They were concerned it was unnatural too. Many young people and children sleep talk and sleep walk.

Huglife

Aug 15, 2016
Sleep talking is 100% normal and usually stops as you get older. I talked in my sleep a lot, and my sister and I actually had a conversation- in our sleep! My mother watched us do this. It is not demon possession, it's simply a natural phase of life. It has nothing to do with hating your parents. My mother said I would say complete gibberish. Please don't worry about it and stop recording yourself unless you just want to see the off the wall things you say while you are asleep. Sleep talking is physical, not spiritual. I actually had a conversation with my students not too long ago about talking in your sleep. They were concerned it was unnatural too. Many young people and children sleep talk and sleep walk.
But when you start laughing when you sleep like i do that probely means your a serial killer lol

I

ilovegodandroll

Dun dun daaaah

R

renewed_hope

But when you start laughing when you sleep like i do that probely means your a serial killer lol
But when you find yourself having the desire to kill cereal I suppose you would need some professional help :p

This reminds me, I need some milk for my cereal in the morning lol

G

Galatea

You have to watch out for the ones who look least dangerous. That cute kitten could be dangerous. :)

Mar 2, 2016
Talking in your sleep is better than peeing in your sleep. Unless you tell secrets that you don't want to get out....in that case...peeing in your sleep is better.

I

ilovegodandroll

I have smiled in my sleep once or twice. I think it's adorable.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
My Husband says I talk in my sleep a lot. He says it's mostly nonsense. I've said things like, put that down, you're a jerk and my cat is tired. So it's just your brain working overtime I guess.