What Is the “Hidden Manna”?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
[video=youtube;0OeoL11jv5M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OeoL11jv5M[/video]
Can't give a rep point. :) Got to give it to others first I guess. Beautiful video. Reminds me of the scripture concerning the bread fixed for Jesus (the BRANCH) when He came to visit Abraham.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Ever see the creation of invisible light into a heavenly body?

Did you ever get to go ice skating with the Holy Ghost?

Did you get the chance to tell Noah "No thanks, I'll walk."

Thou hast heard, see all this; and will not ye declare it? I have shewed thee new things from this time, even hidden things, and thou didst not know them.

[video=youtube;NzuNJod_o7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzuNJod_o7g[/video]

Sep 6, 2017
Can't give a rep point. :) Got to give it to others first I guess. Beautiful video. Reminds me of the scripture concerning the bread fixed for Jesus (the BRANCH) when He came to visit Abraham.
Thanks my friend, that's a great example too, me also got to spread it around, :)

Sep 6, 2017

Plasma from the sun,

grab your skates lets head on out too Neptune. lol

Mar 28, 2016
I would offer. White throughout scripture represents the righteousness of God as that which the church is clothed . Stones represent the believers as the many stones that do make up the spiritual house of God as His bride coming down prepared as a city .

And as One poster offered Put the "hidden manna" together with these parables.

Matthew 13:44-46
44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Exodus 16:31 And the house of Israel called the name thereof Manna: and it was like coriander seed, white; and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey.

Honey represent the sweet fellowship we do have with Christ and uses it in a way that we can rejoice with his truth .But eating to much represents false pride

Proverbs 25:16 Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.

Proverbs 25:27 It is not good to eat much honey: so for men to search their own glory is not glory.

Manna in respect to white and using a pearl again

Num 11:7 And the manna was as coriander seed, and the colour thereof as the colour of bdellium.

The color Pearlescent . Had a Pearlescent suit in the 60's .It did b not draw to much honey LOL

Eastons dictionary Bdellium occurs only in Gen. 2:12, where it designates a product of the land of Havilah; and in Num. 11:7, where the manna is likened to it in colour. It was probably an aromatic gum like balsam which exuded from a particular tree (Borassus flabelliformis) stillfound in Arabia, Media, and India. It bears a resemblance in colour to myrrh. Others think the word denotes "pearls," or some precious stone.

Again looking at another parable which could be used to identify manna as the kind of food the disciples knew not of (hidden manna .He uses white to represent those who has received the gospel as the gospel does it work in them . Christ having beforehand prepared their hearts

But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. 4:32

Sep 6, 2017
Honey is as well for the new born, until One knows to choose good and refuse evil.

Isaiah 7:15 He will eat curds and honey at the time He knows enough to refuse evil and choose good.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Revelation 2:17

The hidden manna - Israel's heavenly food, in contrast to the idol meats (Rv 2:14). A pot of manna was laid up in the Holy Place 'before the testimony.' The allusion is to this: also to the Lord's discourse (Jn 6:31-35). 'The manna which is hidden.' As the manna hidden in the sanctuary was by divine power preserved uncorrupt, so Christ, in His incorruptible body, is hidden in heaven until His appearing (Ac 3:21). Christ is the manna "hidden" from the world, but revealed to the believer, who has already a foretaste of His preciousness. Compare Christ's own hidden food on earth (Job 23:12; Jn 4:32,34). The full manifestation shall be at His coming. Believers are now hidden, even as their meat is (Ps 83:3; Col 3:3). Like the incorruptible manna in the sanctuary, the spiritual feast, offered to all who reject the world's dainties for Christ, is everlasting: an incorruptible body and life in Christ at the resurrection.
(from Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown Commentary, Electronic Database. Copyright © 1997, 2003, 2005, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)
But, when some of those, who took more "manna" then was necessary in sustaining them? What happened? It became "corrupted!"
Overnight! Not fit to be eaten! Therein, must lie some wisdom, of sorts. Taking more then what is necessary, seems, to be not such a good thing, or habit, of practicing, or perpetuating.

What this might mean to
believers, these days? If, or when someone finds out? Please lemme know, would ya? :cool:

Sep 6, 2017
But, when some of those, who took more "manna" then was necessary in sustaining them? What happened? It became "corrupted!"
Overnight! Not fit to be eaten! Therein, must lie some wisdom, of sorts. Taking more then what is necessary, seems, to be not such a good thing, or habit, of practicing, or perpetuating.

What this might mean to
believers, these days? If, or when someone finds out? Please lemme know, would ya? :cool:
Dont put the cart before the horse, let the spirit be your guide,

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Plasma from the sun,
LOL, not it's not the pnuema from the sun. :rolleyes:

Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain: Ecclesiastics 12:1-2

grab your skates lets head on out too Neptune. lol
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

Mar 28, 2016
Honey is as well for the new born, until One knows to choose good and refuse evil.

Isaiah 7:15 He will eat curds and honey at the time He knows enough to refuse evil and choose good.
Yes he calls the good land as the foundation of Christian faith in which the good incorruptible seed is planted . The good land of milk and honey. As milk teachers us of the grace of God the same with honey In both cases eating or drinking to much leads to pride.

Exodus 33:3 Unto a land flowing with milk and honey: for I will not go up in the midst of thee; for thou art a stiffnecked people: lest I consume thee in the way.

I that way we should never stop desiring the sincere milk of the word. It builds strong bones of faith so that we can work out His will as the meat.

1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Pe 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

Sep 6, 2017
Yes he calls the good land as the foundation of Christian faith in which the good incorruptible seed is planted . The good land of milk and honey. As milk teachers us of the grace of God the same with honey In both cases eating or drinking to much leads to pride.

Exodus 33:3 Unto a land flowing with milk and honey: for I will not go up in the midst of thee; for thou art a stiffnecked people: lest I consume thee in the way.

I that way we should never stop desiring the sincere milk of the word. It builds strong bones of faith so that we can work out His will as the meat.

1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Pe 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
[video=youtube;pG2jpU6xOqs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG2jpU6xOqs[/video]