What is the Heart of a Worshipper?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

ilovehillsong

Ok, not sure whether this is a Bible question or not, but I didn't know where to post it.

We are setting up this Youth Band at church, and I'm singing. One of the people who is sort of in charge of the youth group said I had the heart of a worshipper. I know that it's a good thing, but I'm not entirely sure what it means. Can anyone help?

M

Mich223

Just as long as you are following the bible and doing what God wants. I think that makes you a worshipper. Plus you are singing in the church. What more shows the depths of your meaning than singing praises to God.

L

lighthousejohn

Ok, not sure whether this is a Bible question or not, but I didn't know where to post it.

We are setting up this Youth Band at church, and I'm singing. One of the people who is sort of in charge of the youth group said I had the heart of a worshipper. I know that it's a good thing, but I'm not entirely sure what it means. Can anyone help?
There are people that were appointed as worshippers in the Temple. That was their role for life. For a person with a "heart of worship" worship is their calling. The person with a heart of worship goes far beyond simple singing of praises. For them it can be a whole body experience. Some of them will begin to dance before the Lord. Others will just sway back and forth as they lift their heart in worship. A good friend of mine draws a pastel chalk sketch while the message is peached. It comes in many forms and is meant as a personal dis[lay of adoration of our Lord and saviour. It is definitely something to be treasured.

In Christ,
John

I

ilovehillsong

Thanks guys, that's really helpful!:)

R

Redeemed79

I believe the heart of a worshipper is definitely as they said..a calling..anointed for such a time as this. Someone who love to praise God is what they are telling you. Just remember that worship is not actually a form of music as we've made it. It is a lifestyle. It is in everything we do in faith. As a worship leader you will get soo excited at the absolute honour of leading people. Worship, Praise and thanksgiving are soo important as when we do God is magnified in ourn hearts where we know Him as the loving Father and in our minds where we know him as the supplier of all our needs.
Oh have fun!!!!!!!! Love the Lord and spend time with Him!!!!!!!

I

ilovehillsong

lol to the !!!!!!!!! Thanks, Redeemed79!

R

Redeemed79

Algood i say it soo emphatically with the !!!!!!!!!!!!!! because I am worship leader in my church and its awesome....I love it....it is what we are all born to do. and then some have the call to lead it. I remember when I was 1st asked to just sing with the team and the growth in my life has been tremendous since. It causes fast growth because you must be lead by the holy Spirit and it just makes you thirstier for more. Im extremely excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant you tell lol. I would love you to let me know how you go in the future.

I

ilovehillsong

Cool, that must be awesome to lead worship! The guy who does it at our church is really good, makes it fun but at the same time easy to get to God. Will let you know if it happens for me in the future if I'm still around!:D

M

machew

I think this video sums it up pretty well :)
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sikZ6PIgvPI[/video]

I

ilovehillsong

Yeah, I get what she's saying. It makes worship sound like more hard work, but it's worth it to get to God.:) Thanks machew!