What should I pray for?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 30, 2020
Should I pray for general things such as : pray that all sick people get well? That there be peace everywhere in the world? That starvation cease to exist? That there be no more misery in the world? I envision this to be what heaven will be like.

Should I pray for personal gratifications such as: making money, success. finding the right spouse, respect and praise, being able to afford luxuries.

Should I pray for blessings on those that I know personally such as: myself, family, friends, acquaintances, groups or organizations.

Should I pray for spiritual growth, for strength and guidance in this life in order to do the Father's will, to touch the lives of people I come in contact with by spreading the Truth of the Gospel, lead people to salvation.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I go with what's on my heart at the time, like current prayer requests, something important in the news and some of the time praying in the Spirit. I think all your ideas are good but as far as those in need, I usually pray that others would help them in whatever way they can. Good to share thoughts on this:)(y)

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Should I pray for general things such as : pray that all sick people get well? That there be peace everywhere in the world? That starvation cease to exist? That there be no more misery in the world? I envision this to be what heaven will be like.

Should I pray for personal gratifications such as: making money, success. finding the right spouse, respect and praise, being able to afford luxuries.

Should I pray for blessings on those that I know personally such as: myself, family, friends, acquaintances, groups or organizations.

Should I pray for spiritual growth, for strength and guidance in this life in order to do the Father's will, to touch the lives of people I come in contact with by spreading the Truth of the Gospel, lead people to salvation.
All of the above, and anything else that you need an answer to.

Shandy

Sep 12, 2020
Whatever is in your heart at the time
Perhaps The Holy Spirit put those things there. All things good and holy.