What the Bible has to say about Stewardship

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stillearning

What the Bible has to say about Stewardship

(1 Corinthians 16:1-2 KJV)
(1) Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. (2) Upon the first {day} of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as {God} hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

(2 Corinthians 9:6-8 KJV)
(6) But this {I say}, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. (7) Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, {so let him give}; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. (8) And God {is} able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all {things}, may abound to every good work:

(Colossians 3:23-24 KJV)
(23) And whatsoever ye do, do {it} heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; (24) Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

(Matthew 6:20-21 KJV)
(20) But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: (21) For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

(Luke 6:38 KJV)
(38) Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

(3 John 1:2 KJV)
(2) Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

(Matthew 6:33 KJV)
(33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

(Matthew 19:29 KJV)
(29) And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

(Matthew 10:8 KJV)
(8) Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

(Deuteronomy 28:2-8,11-12 KJV)
(2) And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God. (3) Blessed {shalt} thou {be} in the city, and blessed {shalt} thou {be} in the field. (4) Blessed {shall be} the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep. (5) Blessed {shall be} thy basket and thy store. (6) Blessed {shalt} thou {be} when thou comest in, and blessed {shalt} thou {be} when thou goest out. (7) The Lord shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways. (8) The Lord shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee. (11) And the Lord shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers to give thee. (12) The Lord shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.

(Malachi 3:8-12 KJV)
(8) Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. (9) Ye {are} cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, {even} this whole nation. (10) Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that {there shall} not {be room} enough {to receive it}. (11) And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts. (12) And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.

(Deuteronomy 29:9 KJV)
(9) Keep therefore the words of this covenant, and do them, that ye may prosper in all that ye do.

(1 Chronicles 22:13 KJV)
(13) Then shalt thou prosper, if thou takest heed to fulfil the statutes and judgments which the Lord charged Moses with concerning Israel: be strong, and of good courage; dread not, nor be dismayed.

(Job 36:11 KJV)
(11) If they obey and serve {him}, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.

(Proverbs 11:24-25 KJV)
(24) There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and {there is} that withholdeth more than is meet, but {it tendeth} to poverty. (25) The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

(Mark 10:29-30 KJV)
(29) And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, (30) But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

(Joshua 1:8 KJV)
(8) This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Status
Not open for further replies.