What we do

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Saint

Is worrying wrong?
Should Christians fear anything but God?
Should you read the Bible every day?
Should you give love, forgiveness, and kindness to your enemies?
Does sinning hurt God?

Well, most of us answer these questions like this: of course worrying is wrong, in Matthew chapter 6, verses 25, 31, and 34 Jesus clearly tells us to not worry. And of course the only thing we should fear is God. We are told in 1 John 4:18 that there is no fear in love, and that whoever fears has not been made perfect in love. And if we don't read the Bible every day, we could very easily get lost. And yes, there are plenty of places in God's Word, like John 3:12-15, Matthew 5:38-42, Luke 6:30-36, and many more tell us to love our neighbors more than ourselves, and even explain why. And lastly, of course God is hurt by our sin. Hebrews 6:4-6 explains how when we fall, we are crucifying Jesus all over again, and putting Him to shame.

Generally, that's the way many of us answer, because that is the way we have always been taught, but in reality, how many of us still worry every day; still fear everything that any non-believer would fear, and can say that we read the Bible on a daily basis? How many of us, in all honesty, love our enemies so much, that we would lay down our lives for them, and sadly, how many of us sin every day, with no regard for how badly we are truly hurting out Father?

Now do you see what we really do?

James 1:22- But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

R

Rissa77

We're all hypocrites, as much as we try to hide it.

Although, as much as we fail, we should be trying and praying to change.

That's where grace come in. Thank God for grace!

May 16, 2010
We're all hypocrites, as much as we try to hide it.

Although, as much as we fail, we should be trying and praying to change.

That's where grace come in. Thank God for grace!
I wouldn't be that hard on all of us, really nobodys OK by the standard CHRIST set, but then WE

were told to keep practising, Its really the ones who think their OK (hypocrites) that are the ones

that are worse off! ;)

May 21, 2009
Judging our brothers and sisters is wrong. Looking at the faults of others are wrong. Having a big log stuck into our own eye while looking at the speck in anothers eye, ring a bell. Like one said thatnk God for grace.

All the points you brought up are very good. If people could get to a point of being a doer of the word it sets them free.

S

Saint

All the points you brought up are very good. If people could get to a point of being a doer of the word it sets them free.

Yes, and unfortunately we live in a world full of far too many Christians who only hear instead of do. but there is still hope for us yet, just beyone the edges of sight.

G

greatkraw

It is better to BE than to DO

look at Mary and Martha

DOing in our own strength does NOT impress God

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Yes, and unfortunately we live in a world full of far too many Christians who only hear instead of do. but there is still hope for us yet, just beyone the edges of sight.
Maybe its that they hear the wrong things. Maybe they are not taught to trust in the Spirit of God to lead them and to empower them to walk just as Jesus walked. Maybe we trust the wrong things.

S

Saint

Maybe its that they hear the wrong things

true for some, not for all. i'm still in high school, so i get to here the wonderful conversations of:

person 1: Hey! what are you doing this weekend?

person 2: Saturday i'm going to go smoke weed. Want to come? (i know this sounds cliche, but it's pretty close to the real conversations)

person 3: Sure man, but i got to go to church sunday, so i can't stay.

and i've been to their church before, and they're pretty good on the whole "no drugs" thing.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
true for some, not for all. i'm still in high school, so i get to here the wonderful conversations of:

person 1: Hey! what are you doing this weekend?

person 2: Saturday i'm going to go smoke weed. Want to come? (i know this sounds cliche, but it's pretty close to the real conversations)

person 3: Sure man, but i got to go to church sunday, so i can't stay.

and i've been to their church before, and they're pretty good on the whole "no drugs" thing.
You know, when I am walking by my knowledge, I am able to do just about anything and I can just blow it off as my nature to sin. When I am walking in the Spirit of God, it does not work to blow things off, (which I consider to be dishonesty with myself and with God,) because He lets me know that He desires integrity in the innermost parts, and I know that if cannot be honest with my Father in heaven, then I won't be walking in the Spirit's leading. I believe that walking in the Spirit is seeing what God is doing, and hearing what He is saying, in and about everything I see.

With practice, it really becomes neat, to see with His eyes and hear His thoughts about things.

S

Saint

to see with His eyes and hear His thoughts about things.

if everyone could. actually, everyone will, just as soon this is all over.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
if everyone could. actually, everyone will, just as soon this is all over.
I think maybe before He returns to receive us to Himself. I hope and pray for it to be so.

S

Saint

I think maybe before He returns to receive us to Himself. I hope and pray for it to be so.

as do i, vw. and hey, nothing is impossible for God, so it's possible

E

ed

Hi Saint,
What you suggest we do is what has to be done to discover the Kingdom of God. When you live your life according to parameters set out by Jesus in his teachings then Jesus comes to you and lifts you up and protects you and you see miracles happening all around you. Small little things of no account but to you they make you soar. This world is about self about competition, Jesus is about love, about giving. Give where ever you can in whatever circumstance you can from a sincere heart. An example I can give you is I announced to Jesus that I would give my seat up in public transport to ladies and whomever I felt was deserving. Well my first bus trip after that had me sick and weak. So I said, it is not my illness but your illness Jesus and if I stand then it is you standing. I stood and the illness passed. You will always have a hurdle to cross each time you set out on a new path. Actually I now anticipate the hurdle as a confirmation of Jesus's affirmation for the loving deed I am about to do.
I hope this makes sense to you.
love
edwin

S

Saint

Hi Saint,
What you suggest we do is what has to be done to discover the Kingdom of God.
Yes, everything Jesus tells us to do is what must be done to discover the Kingdom of God. Many of us know this in our preconscious mind, when it should be in our conscious mind at all times, but to actually say it out loud can help with problems we are having that we aren't getting answers to.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Yes, everything Jesus tells us to do is what must be done to discover the Kingdom of God. Many of us know this in our preconscious mind, when it should be in our conscious mind at all times, but to actually say it out loud can help with problems we are having that we aren't getting answers to.
Hey guys, something to think about concerning the kingdom of God and our seeking it. When Jesus was talking about the kingdom, He had a way of saying that the kingdom was among them to His disciples, because He was with them. Considering this, it follows that the kingdom of God is God, at least in the largest part. I have it on good authority that we are to do is seek God, seek His face, seek fellowship with Him, to be in His presence, to enter into His holy place. In doing this, we are seeking the kingdom of God.

3 times in the letter of Hebrews are we encouraged to seek God and His kingdom in this way. 1)To draw near to the throne of grace. 2) To draw near to God through Jesus. 3)To enter through the veil, His body, into the holiest place.

What does this gain us? We are changed in His presence into His likeness, we become more and more like Him, in mind and in heart. His light and His holiness change us, and remove any darkness from us. We become light in His light. Here is where sin is overcome in our lives. Yes, it is paid for at the cross, but here is its power to move us destroyed. In John's 1st letter to the church, he talked about mature christians, and the description for them was that they knew God the Father.