What would be the hardest thing for you to forgive?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

skittles_26

We had communion yesterday at my church, and it got me thinking that God has forgiven every single sin on this planet. I know that I'm not as mercyful when it comes to forgiving, but knowing that he forgave murderers, rapists, and cheaters is a huge thing to be able to do. On the human level, forgiving murder is a tad harder than forgiving someone who lied to you, but to him all sin is just sin, not on a scale of 1-10. I was just wondering, what would be the hardest thing for you guys to forgive?

B

butterfly_91

that's a good question. for me i think it would be if any of my friends hooked up with my boyfriend. if we weren't dating at the time, it wouldn't be that bad, but i mean if he picked to cheat on me and it was one of my close friends.

A

AnandaHya

child molesters and mass murderers

L

lightbliss

Someone who isn't genuine in their apology [to me].

Crypto

Nov 14, 2009
We had communion yesterday at my church, and it got me thinking that God has forgiven every single sin on this planet. I know that I'm not as mercyful when it comes to forgiving, but knowing that he forgave murderers, rapists, and cheaters is a huge thing to be able to do. On the human level, forgiving murder is a tad harder than forgiving someone who lied to you, but to him all sin is just sin, not on a scale of 1-10. I was just wondering, what would be the hardest thing for you guys to forgive?
Technically they are only forgiven if they accept the sacrifice for forgiveness. A pardon only works if the person who is to be punished accepts it. Sin is sin in that it breaks fellowship with God, but not all sin has the same consequence, the Bible teaches varying degrees of punishment for sin (Matthew 11:20-24, Heb. 10:29, Luke 12:47-48.) But to your point, I think the hardest thing for me to forgive is betrayal, if someone I am close to does something to betray my trust or something like that.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
The hardest things for me to forgive are the things that I have done to other people

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
some mistakes i've made and generally, letting myself down.

W

woka

Myself..............................................But when you understand that Jesus already did it there is nothing left for me to forgive in terms of myself!!!!! Thank you Jesus for loving me so much you forgave me before I was even born.

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
-adultery
-child molestation/abuse
-things I have done to others

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
-Yep, myself for sure.
-I think if my wife were ever to think about cheating on me and our boy, that would be incredibly difficult as I gave her my heart to take care of.
-And if anyone touches my wife and/or boy in a malicious way.

P

papagreybear

Thats a tough one. Ive done so much too so many It would take alot for me not to forgive someone for something they have done to me personally. Like other post said anything people do to children would be tough to forgive. Then again God says before we ask for forgiveness we need to give it. Thats got to be a tough one for victims that were molested and harmed as children. Great question!

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
repetitive knowing sin...

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
A broken heart and a broken spirit.

PANCAKES

Apr 26, 2009
I'm not sure. I know I've done a lot that doesn't deserve forgiveness, yet I still receive it - which compels me to keep on forgiving.

I find it hard to forgive myself

U

ukstevie

Child Molestation and traffic wardens

sandtigeress

Apr 29, 2013
the hardest thing to forgive (to me), is "destroying of spirit", when someone is active in destroying believe, and or the spirit and livewill of a person, his/her sence of selfworth.

and as others have said, i have to regrettable work a lot at forgiving myself for errors in judgement and other mistakes.

Misty77

Aug 30, 2013
Treating people like things, like property, or like possessions. Behaving as though someone has less worth because of their age, status, gender, ethnicity, etc.

M

maesha

Hardest thing for me to forgive is betrayal of someone close to me. Like what Judas did to Jesus.Here we see Jesus condemning Judas, but considering that Judas travelled with Jesus for nearly three years, we know He also gave Judas ample opportunity for salvation and repentance. Even after his dreadful deed, Judas could have fallen on his knees to beg God’s forgiveness. But he did not. He may have felt some remorse born of fear, which caused him to return the money to the Pharisees, but he never repented, preferring instead to commit suicide, the ultimate act of selfishness.
Great question you've got sister! May you continue to walk in His ways. God bless!