Whats wrong with the NIV bible?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 21, 2012
So...Jesus used the King James Version then ....good to know.;)
He said what His disciples will do.

John 14: 23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

There are two origins for source documents: one from Antioch:

Acts 11:26And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

And the other one from Alexandria where poetic licensing & gnosticism was known in the area. Certainly by comparing the documents together, one can see what words they had kept in proving that poetic licensing was taken place.

Even though there are enough verses to testify of the deity of Christ in the NIV, choice verses are always pulled out of context for cults to thrive on as it would be those verses utilized in their teachings that would suffer changes.

So which source documents would you rely on? The ones in use by those that loved Him and His words that they would wore out the old manuscripts with newer ones or the oldest ones sitting on the shelf as proof as not being used by His disciples that loved Him & His words?

Here's proof of His disciples keeping His words from the early churches in the NT and thus down through the church history.

Note how Paul instruct Timothy in this wise that testify that churches did indeed had a collection of what is called the Bible before history recorded officially when that first collected Bible was called the Codexis.

2 Timothy 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Did they not use scripture as reference in Acts?

Acts 1:16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

Did they not began writing letters in Acts to the churches?

Acts 15:22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren: 23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.

Acts 15:30 So when they were dismissed, they came to Antioch: and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the epistle: 31 Which when they had read, they rejoiced for the consolation. 32 And Judas and Silas, being prophets also themselves, exhorted the brethren with many words, and confirmed them. 33 And after they had tarried there a space, they were let go in peace from the brethren unto the apostles. 34 Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still. 35 Paul also and Barnabas continued in Antioch, teaching and preaching the word of the Lord, with many others also.

Colossians 4:16And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

1 Thessalonins 5:I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

Now I ask you with charges like that for an epistle, how much more would the disciples have the four gosple, Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John be written and shared to all the churches?

Why else would there be an argument over genealogies as we have contentions today between Matthew & Luke's account?

1 Timothy 1:4Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

Titus 3:9But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Paul testified of knowing John having his "Revelation" experiences:

2 Corinthians 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) 4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

So my point here is... His disciples took Jesus at His words in making disciples of other believers by having His words available for believers to continue in them.

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free...36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

That means just because known history reported when Bibles were being mass produced in publication, it does not mean that the collection of this Bible was not being done earlier for the NT churches. Its significance is obvious since errant Bible versions has made believers disciples of something else in His name and not His disciples in serving Him by testifying of Him in seeking His glory.

Look at how believers have become a disciple of a church in testifying of a church in seeking the glory of a church. That is proof on how believers need Hsi words to be His disciple and not a disciple of something else in His name.

2 Timothy 4:13The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.

So I am confident that Jesus' words are true that His disciples that loved Him has kept His words for us to know and can be found in the source documents from Antioch: the as it is from the Textus Receptus from which the King James Bible was translated.

E

Emz1066

so my bible isnt satanic? just missing some stuff?

R

rauleetoe

No it is not satanic..of course if you talk to a kingjamesonlist/kjvonlist..they will say differently to you. But most of us do not adhere to the king james only belief..that said, while i would not use the NIV on the regular as lately i read more in spanish when it comes to the bible, when i do read english i use more modern english ones that the NIV, many have used the NIV..it has been called a thought for thought translation, the New international version that is. You may be reading a revision of the original NIV which i believe was printed in 1984? Either way, most likely it is a revision, the TNIV was a newer translation that i believe was trying to be marketed to those who read and enjoy the NIV, sadly it did not succeed..what little i read of the TNIV seemed to be a good read. But hey, thats just me saying it, as the TNIV is similar in ways to the common english bible it seems,which is one of my preferred 'translations'

U

unclefester

I sometimes use the NIV. I also sometimes read an ESV (nice large print :)) as well as a KJV. Your NIV is NOT satanic. It is a very good bible ... period. Read it and treasure it. And ignore the naysayers. Minor faults or errors (if that's what we are to call them) can be found in virtually every translation. And don't let anybody tell you otherwise :)

E

Emz1066

My friend told me about KJV Onlyism that is where i read it all from i understand it all now thank you guys God bless you!

J

jimmydiggs

For daily use the NIV is fine, I guess. A lot of theologians did their very best to make that translation possible. But if you intend to REALLY dig into the text you might want to consider buying a KJV too, so you can compare the two translations. There are plenty of sites where you can look up multiple translations of the Bible too. Ofcourse, the ideal situation would be if you could read the original greek and hebrew, that would certainly beat the KJV.
The KJV isn't even one of the best translations in English.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
When i very first became a christian i didnt have a proper bible i had Jehovah Witness Bible , i prayed to God that if he wanted me to become a christian i need a bible and a pink one because i didnt like the black ones ( i was at the start ok ) This woman i barely new well i knew her but not like personally she did a girls bible group and i agreed to have it at my house , she came to my house and said she had this strong desire to buy me a pink bible and she was filled with joy and was crying and she got me this bible , she gave it to me and i ask her how did she know i wanted pink and well y'know , this bible has everything i needed at the time i had questions and well it had every guideline there was to help me , this Bible is NIV but apparently its wrong ?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwVjZRqARfk[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvhedbuwEoY[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-HymjOA-sE[/video]

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
When i very first became a christian i didnt have a proper bible i had Jehovah Witness Bible , i prayed to God that if he wanted me to become a christian i need a bible and a pink one because i didnt like the black ones ( i was at the start ok ) This woman i barely new well i knew her but not like personally she did a girls bible group and i agreed to have it at my house , she came to my house and said she had this strong desire to buy me a pink bible and she was filled with joy and was crying and she got me this bible , she gave it to me and i ask her how did she know i wanted pink and well y'know , this bible has everything i needed at the time i had questions and well it had every guideline there was to help me , this Bible is NIV but apparently its wrong ?
Is the NIV the Word of God?​
By James M. Frye​
A Grace Bible Church Publication

For other free materials on: the Rapture/End Times, Trinity, What's Wrong with the NIV, Are There Apostles Today? What is God Like: Parts 1 and 2; Is Jesus Christ God? What the Bible Really says about Speaking in Tongues, etc., write us at: "Grace Bible Church, PO Box 40, Mt. Liberty, OH 43048. Email: [email protected].
Please let us know if this information helps you in any way.
COPYRIGHT ©1998 - James M. Frye
PUBLISHER’S NOTE: All scripture quotations are taken from the Authorized King James Bible. Any deviations are not intentional. All underlines, bold and items within parentheses are the author’s.
_______
Getting Started

I would like to begin by saying that I believe that the Bible is the word of God. The question is, however, which Bible? To many of you who are reading this booklet, the answer to the question "Is the New International Version (NIV) the Word of God?" may appear to be simple. "Of course the NIV is the word of God", you might say. "And so are the New American Standard Version (NASV), the New King James Version (NKJV) and the Living Bible (LB)", along with a host of other new Bible versions that you might name. But is the answer to this question as simple as it might first appear? It is the purpose of this booklet to answer this question.
It is beyond the scope of this booklet to examine all of the various new Bible versions available today. For the sake of space, I will limit myself to the NIV. As for the rest, we will reserve them for future booklets.

A Look at the Issue

I used to go to a church where it was common practice to quote from a variety of Bible translations. The pastor would often say, "The NIV says ..., the NASV says ... - Who has the King James?", etc. During Sunday School one morning, the teacher was reading John 5:4. The King James Bible (KJB) says:
For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
And then the teacher made a statement that caused me to freeze in my tracks (pew). I think my chin must have hit the floor. He said, "For some reason, the NIV has left this verse out". I was shocked. I went and checked a copy of the NIV that I had at home, and sure enough, the verse was missing. This and other similar events caused me to realize that all Bible versions are not the same.
Up until this time, I had believed that the only differences between the NIV and the King James was that the NIV was supposed to be easier to read and to understand. Boy, was I wrong. I knew that I needed to look into the matter further. By the grace of God, I was able to do just that. The information contained in this booklet represents some of the information that resulted from that study.

They Can’t Both Be Right

It is the purpose of this section to show that the difference between the Authorized King James Bible (KJB) and the NIV are irreconcilable. That is, they both can’t be right. For example, In Isaiah 9:3, the KJB says:
Thou hast multiplied the nation, and not increased the joy ...
The NIV says:
You have enlarged the nation and increased their joy
You will notice that the main difference, apart from the rewording of the text, is that the KJBhas the word not and the NIV doesn’t. So, the KJB says that God has not increased their joy. The NIV says that God has increased their joy.
You might find yourself saying, "Is it really that big of a difference? After all, we are only talking about one word here." I chose this verse to establish a point: They (the KJB and NIV) say the exact opposite. If one is right, then the other one is wrong. We can’t possibly say that they are both correct. Did God increase their joy or not? Which words did God give to the prophet Isaiah? (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:20-21)
As I stated in the beginning of this booklet, many people operate under the false assumption that all Bible versions are the Word of God - despite the fact that they disagree with each other. Are we to suppose that God has written more than one Bible and that he makes statements in one and then disagrees with them in another? Of course not. God only wrote one Bible.
I’ve actually shown the difference in Isaiah 9:3 to people and had them refuse to admit that they both can’t be right. Please understand that we need to have an open mind, absolute humility, and a sincere desire for the truth. People may think, "Well, my church uses the NIV, and if I believe this ...", or "I just don’t want to make waves." But, understand, to avoid conflict at all cost is not to be the attitude of a Christian. We should rather stand for the truth regardless of the conflict that arises from it. (Jude 3; John 15:20; Luke 12:51; 2 Tim. 3:12)
Our attitude toward this matter should be the same as God’s. Revelation 22:18-19 says:
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
God is angry with those who change his words. He promises plagues to those who add to them, and loss from one’s part in the Book of Life for those who subtract from them. In case you think it is just the book of Revelation that God is concerned about, God places similar rebukesagainst changing his words in Deuteronomy 4:2 and Proverbs 30:6. One rebuke is in the beginning of the Bible, one in the middle, and one at the end. It is his words that God is concerned about - not just where they are located. So then, we should have the same attitude about this issue as God has.
1 Peter 1:16 says:
... BE YE HOLY; FOR I AM HOLY.
Surely this applies, not only to our actions, but also to our attitudes. If God takes the changing of his words seriously, so then should we. If it angers God, it should anger us. There is a righteous and an unrighteous anger. (See Mark 3:5 and Eph. 4:26) Sometimes it is wrong (a sin) not to be angry.

(Continued)...

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011

Is the NIV the Word of God?​

By James M. Frye
A Grace Bible Church Publication

Part 2.

Seeing It For Yourself

So far, we have looked at just a few problems with the NIV - a missing word here and a missing verse there. But the problem is much greater than just a word or a verse.
For starters, try finding the following verses in the NIV:
Matthew 17:21; 18:11; 23:14.
Mark 7:16; 9:44; 9:46; 11:26; 15:28.
Luke 17:36; 23:17; John 5:4.
Acts 8:37; 15:34; 24:7; 28:29.
Romans 16:24 and 1 John 5:7.
They are not there. They have been removed entirely. Now I ask you, what kind of Bible is it that leaves out entire verses? What did these verses say? Among other things, they say that: Jesus came to save the lost, that hell is a place where their worm dieth not and the fire is not quenched,and that a person must be a believer in order to be baptized.
In the last verse (1 John 5:7), the NIV is very deceptive, for it does have a verse 7, but it is really part of verse 8. Verse 8 has been split into two verses in the NIV (verses 7 and 8) so that you won’t know that verse 7 is missing. 1 John 5:8 (KJB) says:
And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
The NIV splits this verse into two verses: In verse 7, it says:
For there are three that testify (bear witness)
In verse 8, it says:
the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.
The true verse 7 has been removed. In the KJB, verse 7 says:
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
This is no insignificant verse. This is the clearest statement of the doctrine of the Trinity in the entire Bible. Is this verse unimportant? Would God want it removed?
But the problems with the NIV do not stop there. In addition to the verses that have been omitted entirely, thousands of verses have partial omissions. Many who have studied this issue in much greater detail than I, have stated that the missing words are in excess of 64,000 - not counting the additions. Remember what God said about those who take away from or add to his words. (Rev. 22:18-19)
Let me give you a few examples of verses that contain these kinds of omissions. In the KJB, the Lord’s Prayer reads in Luke 11:2-4 as follows:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
The underlined portions are missing in the NIV. In Matthew 27:35, the KJB says:
And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, THEY PARTED MY GARMENTS AMONG THEM, AND UPON MY VESTURE DID THEY CAST LOTS.
Again, the underlined portions are missing in the NIV, hiding the fact that this verse is a fulfillment of Psalm 22:18. A full 26 words have been omitted this time.
Substantial portions have been removed from hundreds of verses in addition to these. Many key words have also been removed. For example, the word "Christ" has been removed dozens of times. (Rom. 1:16; Acts 16:31; etc.) The word "Jesus" has been removed dozens of times. (Matt. 8:29; 2 Cor. 5:18; etc.) The word "Lord" has also been removed in a number of places.

Are There Errors​
in God’s Word?​
John 17:17 says:
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
In addition to the omissions in the NIV, one of its most disturbing problems is the fact that it contains many outright errors. For example, who killed Goliath? I know that the answer to this question seems obvious. David, right? Well, it’s not so obvious in the NIV. In 2 Samuel 21:19 the NIV says:
In another battle with the Philistines at Gob, Elhanan son of Jaare-Oregim the Bethlehemite killed Goliath the Gittite, who had a spear with a shaft like a weaver’s rod.
The KJB has the correct reading, for it says that Elhanan killed Goliath’s brother. This is confirmed in 1 Chronicles 20:5. The KJB says:
And there was war again with the Philistines; and Elhanan the son of Jair slew Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear staff was like a weaver’s beam.
Once again, the NIV is in error. It is also seen to conflict with itself, for it says David killed Goliath in 1 Sam. 21:8-9.
One of the most disturbing changes occurs in Isaiah 14:12. The KJB says:
How art thou fallen from heaven, O
Lucifer ...
This passage records Satan’s (Lucifer’s) rebellion against God, and how he was cast out of Heaven.
The NIV says:
How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star ...
In this passage, "Lucifer" has been changed to "Morning Star". This is frightening because the Bible defines the Morning Star as Jesus Christ. Revelation 22:16 says:
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
In the NIV, it is Jesus Christ (the Morning Star) and not Satan that rebelled against God and was cast out of heaven. That is outright blasphemy. Satan has pulled off quite a disappearing act. Not only has he been removed from the text, Jesus Christ has been inserted in his place.
I think, by this point, many of you are beginning to see that there are some very serious problems with the NIV. Let’s look at a few more errors. Matthew 5:22 in the KJB says:
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment ..
The phrase, without a cause, has been removed in the NIV. This would make Jesus Christ a sinner in Mark 3:5, where the Bible says that he was angry. The NIV implies that Jesus is a sinner, despite the fact that the Bible says that he never sinned and is without sin (2 Cor. 5:21; Heb. 4:15).
We find another error in Mark 1:2. The NIV says:
It is written in Isaiah the prophet: "I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way"
This is actually a quotation of Malachi 3:1. The King James has the proper reading, for it says "as it is written in the prophets". Verse 2 is quoting Malachi, and Verse 3 is quoting Isaiah.
Doctrinal Differences​
Many of the changes in the NIV, including some that we have already looked at, affect doctrine. For example, the deity of Christ (the fact that Jesus Christ is God) is attacked in a number of places. One example is 1 Timothy 3:16. The KJB says:
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
The NIV has changed "God" to "He". This is a big difference. In this verse, the KJB clearly states that Jesus Christ is God, and in the NIV it does not.
Many times I have heard those who support the NIV say, "No doctrine is affected by the changes in the new Bible versions." We have just seen that it is. What they really mean is that no doctrine has been removed entirely. That is, there is still another verse in the Bible somewhere that teaches the doctrine. So then, they believe it is perfectly OK to remove a doctrine in one place as long as they do not obliterate it entirely.
By this same logic, would it be OK with God if we removed the entire Gospel of Mark? After all, most of the doctrines taught in Mark are also taught in Matthew or Luke. No. This is faulty reasoning, and there is no excuse to remove even one word from God’s words.
In the KJB in Luke 4:4, Jesus says:
... MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE, BUT BY EVERY WORD OF GOD.
By the way, "BUT BY EVERY WORD OF GOD" has been removed in the NIV. If you want to have the words of God, EVERY WORD OF GOD, get a copy of the Authorized King James Bible.
Summary​
So, is the NIV the Word of God? We have seen omissions ranging from one word to entire verses. We have seen errors ranging from misquoting a prophet, to the removal of Lucifer (Satan) and the insertion of Jesus Christ in his place. We have even seen changes affecting the doctrine of the deity of Christ. After examining the evidence, could you say that the NIV is the Word of God? Could you call the NIV "HOLY BIBLE?"
-------------------------------------------------​
Our Vision​
There are many false doctrines being taught today, both inside and outside of the Christian Church. We at Grace Bible Church have a great desire to see that these false teachings are exposed and refuted by the Word of God. It is our desire to produce materials that may be placed (free of charge) in the hands of God’s people - to enable them to share the truth with those who have been misled by false doctrine.
Would you like to have a part in this ministry and help us get this message out to others? If so, you may make as many copies of this material as you need to give to those who have been misled by the false teaching exposed here. If you would like information on other subjects, write or email to the address listed at the beginning.

May God bless you as you do His work.

P

psychomom

If you're hearing negative things from people in 'real life', it may be due to the controversy over the 2011 publication of the NIV.
They decided to be 'gender inclusive', meaning they changed words like 'he', 'him', and
'they' to words like 'brothers and sisters' and 'people', to make the Bible more gender neutral. I believe they've even stopped publishing the 1984 edition in favor of this new one.

Many people feel it's wrong to change the Word of God that way. And I will agree it has made the NIV more like a paraphrase (like The Living Bible) and less like a word for word proper translation. But just a little bit more, and just a little bit less.

And I will admit I hunted down a 1984 edition for my daughter...but I do believe you'll do okay, even if you have the 2011 edition. Lots of new believers begin with a complete paraphrase, and then move into something like the ESV, or the NASB, which are more literal translations.

The thing to keep in mind is that ALL books lose something when translating from the original languages. Things like idioms (it's raining cats and dogs, for example) just can't be done word for word and still make sense in a different language. And as far as the New Testament goes, there are properties of Greek that English just flat out doesn't have...verb tenses and things like that. (trying not to get overly-complicated here...:rolleyes: )

Em, you'll often get a hundred different opinions if you ask a hundred different people. ;)
My opinion is you're okay! :)
You'll be just fine with this Bible, for now and for a long time to come.
Just enjoy the Word of God...it's His letter of love to you.
He wants to talk to you through it, and that's pretty great. :)

love,
ellie

M

megaman125

There's negative things that can be pointed out with any english translation (including KJV). In terms of salvation, there's nothing wrong with NIV. There's always going to be issues whenever you translate between 2 different languages, especially when one of those languages is English.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
If you're hearing negative things from people in 'real life', it may be due to the controversy over the 2011 publication of the NIV.
They decided to be 'gender inclusive', meaning they changed words like 'he', 'him', and
'they' to words like 'brothers and sisters' and 'people', to make the Bible more gender neutral. I believe they've even stopped publishing the 1984 edition in favor of this new one.

Many people feel it's wrong to change the Word of God that way. And I will agree it has made the NIV more like a paraphrase (like The Living Bible) and less like a word for word proper translation. But just a little bit more, and just a little bit less.

And I will admit I hunted down a 1984 edition for my daughter...but I do believe you'll do okay, even if you have the 2011 edition. Lots of new believers begin with a complete paraphrase, and then move into something like the ESV, or the NASB, which are more literal translations.

The thing to keep in mind is that ALL books lose something when translating from the original languages. Things like idioms (it's raining cats and dogs, for example) just can't be done word for word and still make sense in a different language. And as far as the New Testament goes, there are properties of Greek that English just flat out doesn't have...verb tenses and things like that. (trying not to get overly-complicated here...:rolleyes: )

Em, you'll often get a hundred different opinions if you ask a hundred different people. ;)
My opinion is you're okay! :)
You'll be just fine with this Bible, for now and for a long time to come.
Just enjoy the Word of God...it's His letter of love to you.
He wants to talk to you through it, and that's pretty great. :)

love,
ellie

It is wrong to change the word of God, PEROIOD. Whether a person feels that its wrong or not.

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. - Revelation 22:18-19 (King James Bible)

Tampering with and changing the word of God is no lite matter. It is a very serious sin. And it will land a person in the Lake of Fire.

God is not the Author of Confusion. (See 1 Corinthians 14:33)

Therefore He can only be the Author of One Bible. The NIV is not the word of God.
The NIV is a Satanic counterfeit.

Stick with the Old King James Bible. :)

That Precious Book, which the Christian Martyrs died for. The King James Bible is the 100% perfect and infallible word of God. Amen.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
Emz1066,

I want to commend you for being diligent in your studies on this issue. And for asking questions and seeking answers on the Bible Version Issue. Before my eyes were opened to the Bible Version Issue, I had used the NLT, NIV, NKJV, and briefly had read out of the ESV. But as the Holy Ghost began to lead me to study the Bible Version Issue, the more I studied it, the more I became convinced that the King James Holy Bible was God's perfect and inerrant word. Read about Pastor Jack Hyles testimony and how his convictions about the King James Bible became and grew stronger and stronger. Check out this link to a website called King James Video Ministries. Phenomenal website!! I guarantee you, all the information you are looking for in regard to the Bible Version Issue, you will most likely find it there. It has numerous videos documenting the errors of the new versions. There is a real Satanic Conspiracy to get rid of the King James Holy Bible.

There are also free downloads on the King James Video Ministries website. One of those Free Downloads is titled NIV Omissions and it is a 138 page book collating the deletions and changes which the NIV make.

Here is the link to the King James Video Ministries website:

http://www.kingjamesvideoministries.com/

And here is the Link to the NIV Omissions book and extensive pdf file:

http://www.kingjamesvideoministries.com/NIVOmissions.pdf

So to answer your question Emz1066, the NIV bible is a satanic bible. I have to tell you the truth in love. We will all have to stand at the Judgment Seat of Christ and give account to God. And I truly believe that the one very big thing that we will have to answer for is how we treated God's word. How we viewed God's written word. So I am giving you this truth so that you can make a decision and make the right choice. The spirit of antichrist is in all the new and modern versions.

I encourage you to watch those videos which I have posted in my previous responses on this same thread. I know it is a lot of information, but it is definitely expedient that you look at the information and from there make a decision on to where you are going to stand on this issue. I believe that if you continue to study out this matter diligently and look at the videos which I shared, I believe that the Holy Ghost will bear witness to the information and truths which are found in those video sermons and messages.

Emz1066, If you want any kind of spiritual power in your life, you are going to have to read and believe the King James Holy Bible. Which is God's perfect word. The King James Bible has brought forth more spiritual fruit than any other bible has and that includes the original autographs.

Get yourself a King James Bible. Read it and believe it. Every word in the King James Bible is pure and perfect. Don't let anyone destroy your faith in God's perfect and inerrant word, the King James Bible.

And be sure to get rid of your NIV. If you have any questions on how to get rid of your modern versions, you can send me a private message and I will be glad to answer any of your questions and provide you with any other help that you may need in regard to this issue. Thank you for your time
. In Christ,

Your brother in the Lord.

J

jimmydiggs

Take your ruckmanism elsewhere. Quit pretending the KJV is better than what Paul himself wrote.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
Take your ruckmanism elsewhere. Quit pretending the KJV is better than what Paul himself wrote.

Jimmydiggs, are you still in your unbelief in regard to God's perfect and inerrant words? You need to believe God's promise. God promised to preserve His words. And we have them. They are in the King James Bible. Now, if you don't have a perfect Bible to give me or to offer anyone else, then you can take your Alexandrian (James White) mentality somewhere else.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011

Oh and by the way, the King James Bible is superior to the Original Autographs. Want proof? Here it is:

Can a translation be as good as the originals?

The Answer Book by Samuel C. Gipp

QUESTION #30:

The King James Bible is a mere translation from Greek to English. A translation can't be as good as the originals, can it?

ANSWER:

A translation cannot only be "as good" as the originals, but better.

EXPLANATION: There are three "translations" spoken of in the Bible. In all three cases, the translation referred to is better than the original. Since we accept the Bible as our final authority in all matters of faith and practice, ITS "practice" will have more authority than any "mere human" opinion.

1. The first translation mentioned in scripture is found in II Samuel 3:7-10.

7 "And Saul had a concubine, whose name was Rizpah, the daughter of Aiah: and Ishbosheth said to Abner, Wherefore hast thou gone in unto my father's concubine?

8 Then was Abner very wroth for the words of Ish-bosheth, and said, Am I a dog's head, which against Judah do shew kindness this day unto the house of Saul thy father, to his brethren, and to his friends, and have not delivered thee into the hand of David, that thou chargest me to day with a fault concerning this woman?

9 So do God to Abner, and more also, except, as the LORD hath sworn to David, even so I do to him;

10 To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba."
After the death of King Saul in I Samuel 31, Abner, who had been the captain of Saul's army installed Ishbosheth as King instead of David. (II Samuel 12:8,9)
Later Ishbosheth and Abner had a falling out. Abner, in anger, announces to Ishbosheth that he is going to "translate" the Kingdom of Israel from Ishbosheth to David..

It is obvious by Abner's statement of II Samuel 3:9 that the LORD wanted David to be king over all twelve tribes of Israel. Therefore the "translation" of the kingdom of Israel to David was BETTER than the "original" state which has a split kingdom with David rightly ruling over one portion and Ishbosheth wrongly ruling over the other section. (Remember the law of first mentions.)

2. The second translation spoken of in scripture is found in Colossians 1:13.
"Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:"
Here the "translation" spoken of is the conversion of a lost sinner to a new life in Jesus Christ. No one in their right mind could even pretend that this translation is not a massive improvement over the "original" condition.

3. The third translation found in the Bible is located in Hebrews 11:5.
"By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God."

The word "translate" only appears five times in scripture. Once in II Samuel, once in Colossians and the remaining three times here in Hebrews 11:5.

A Christian with even a shallow knowledge of the Bible is familiar with the story of Enoch from Genesis 5. Enoch walked with God and is known to have pleased God. He was a prophet (Judges 14) and a man of faith. God saw fit to physically take Enoch to heaven so that he would not have to experience death. This individual action is a miniature version of what Christians call "The Rapture," mentioned in I Corinthians 15, I Thessalonians 4, Titus 2 and various other places in the Bible. Since the word "Rapture" appears nowhere in scripture a more proper name for this future occurrence might be "The Blessed Hope" (Titus) or "The Catching Up" (I Thessalonians) of "Our Translation" (Hebrews).

It is obvious that Enoch's translation was an improvement over his "original" condition.
Thus we see that every translation mentioned in our final authority in all matters is an improvement over the original.

If you are a simple Bible believer you will have no trouble accepting this. If you worship education or just hate to be wrong you will reject this Bible fact as easily as you have rejected every Bible fact that you couldn't agree with.
It should be noted here that the perplexed translators of both the New American Standard Version and the New International Version, when faced with this glaring contradiction of their own personal prejudice, could not bring themselves to allow the word "translation" in any of the above mentioned passages.

Which will you follow, the Bible or men?

Last edited:

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
And if you are truly going to follow God, like you say you are, then you will also follow His Perfect Bible by keeping the perfect & pure words of His King James Bible.

E

Emz1066

i dont see how it can be satantic , its just easier to read? wasnt there other bibles before the king james version came?