Whatsoever things

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pinky

Dear friends, one of my favorite scriptures is found in Phillipians 4;8-9, from the message bible....
'Summing it all up friends, I'd say you will do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious, the best, not the worst, the beautiful, not the ugly, things to praise, not things to curse....In the hurry up and rush world that we live in, this sometimes is hard to do, especially if you watch the news, I have asked myself time and time again ,how can I stay in this mind set? the answer I come up with is thought monitoring, keep my thoughts in check, when I stay focused, it goes well, but if I relax a bit, I find myself hearing or speaking of things that are not so much in line with this verse, any advice on staying focused?

M

mclare

Hello. just to let you know that i have ecactly the same problem as you have, what i have found helps me is to try and avoid taking part in too much wordly things- ie i try to only read christian books, christian tv ect, it kinda helps cos your mind isnt being warped in the wordly things we are surouded by. If your looking for a good book other tha the Bible the shack is amazing, really made me think alot. god bless

P

pinky

thanks friend, I will look for the book, take care....pinky

J

jesse

pinky, how are u love jesse

P

pinky

Hey Jesse, I am good, how are you?hope all is well with you, take care......

Status
Not open for further replies.