When a cussing heroin addict shows up at church.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 4, 2017
What article, and what does it have to do with the treatment of recovering sinners?

Found it https://corechristianity.com/resource-library/articles/why-jesus-wants-you-to-lose-hope. Other than a misleading title, what's the problem?

I have. So? And if nobody else is saying it ("Who ever said any Congregation has ever turned away anyone in need?") then I'll say it, because it happens, and folks need to re-examine their attitude as a congregation at times. It's called looking in the mirror. I do it all the time. No fun and it can hurt, but we have to.
what mirror?

recovering from heroine addiction is no small matter to be cavalierly spoken of.
The criminal element have used these substances for decades if not centuries to plague mankind with all manner of cruel measures.

The world and its evil has permeated so much that murderers kill church goers and school children.
And if anyone tolerates such evil, then turns on the Congregations and tells them to, "look in the Mirror", is not of God.

They are of the liar.

The severity of heroine and many of the other street pharma being pushed on society by the cartels is an old enemy that means to destroy a country within.

D

Depleted

I have. So? And if nobody else is saying it ("Who ever said any Congregation has ever turned away anyone in need?") then I'll say it, because it happens, and folks need to re-examine their attitude as a congregation at times. It's called looking in the mirror. I do it all the time. No fun and it can hurt, but we have to.
Wait! The person had a card to carry and showed it to you?

Wow! I used to bring home members of my group-therapy group from the rehab center too, but never thought to ask them if they got busted, (granted, some I knew did, but only because I knew going to that rehab was part of their probation or parole), before inviting them over.

They carry cards now?

Musicus

Oct 26, 2017
Wait! The person had a card to carry and showed it to you?

Wow! I used to bring home members of my group-therapy group from the rehab center too, but never thought to ask them if they got busted, (granted, some I knew did, but only because I knew going to that rehab was part of their probation or parole), before inviting them over.

They carry cards now?

No, (ha ha) no cards, but we all know each other fairly well, and we're ALL SAVED AND FORGIVEN (7777Pin).

D

Depleted

It seems in this world we do a lot of judging on what people seem to be or what they were. That is only natural I suppose but God says something different. I am not what I was before salvation, I am a new creation. I have lost far too many brothers and sisters to addiction and at first I was upset that God would give me long term recovery but not give it to them. Then my pastor's wife said something that I will always remember. She said I should praise God that those who died came to know Him and thank Him for whatever sober time they did have.

I wonder how people who look down upon addicts will answer when Jesus reminds them that what they did for or to the least they also did to Him.

I miss my friends but I know I will see them again.
Once a year, the rehab I went to had a long sleepless weekend at a deep-in-the-middle-of-the-Jersey-Pinelands retreat. Whoever made it through the whole year at rehab, (out-patient, so totally up to us if we did or didn't go three times a week), without lapsing went. People came and left often. Most of the people in my first group therapy session were gone before that weekend. Some newer folks came along since then, but within that year roughly three people (out of a group of 15) who were there when I joined went with me that weekend, along with another 15-16 others from other groups or members who came after I started.

We all stuck by one another, until someone left, never to return. (It really is hard not to go back to drugs or alcohol.) We all did things together and became good friends along the way.

That weekend was very important to me. It was the sign of graduation. Everyone knew that going in.

The weekend was tough, but we made it through. I graduated.

And the following Monday I heard the bad news. The rest of my group was sneaking outside to smoke doobs together. I was the only one who graduated that weekend. It broke my heart because I know how hard it was for all of us.

I stayed at that rehab after I graduated. Not only did they give me my first fulltime grownup-like job, I also wanted to pay it forward to help others. (Kept going back even after the job was over. What stopped me from continuing was meeting future-hubby, and we moved out of that county when we married.) BUT out of all the people I knew during my time there, only one came back again. He really wanted to go straight. He also didn't make it yet again.

Addiction is very powerful. But I know no one who made it through from the time the Lord helped me make it through. No idea if anyone is alive or if they ever did make it into living straight. No idea what became of my friends from back then.

Dec 4, 2017
No, (ha ha) no cards, but we all know each other fairly well, and we're ALL SAVED AND FORGIVEN (7777Pin).
I dont find anything amusing about a murderer,

I have heeded the Ruach Haqadosh for yrs,. And have especially heeded warnings.

One instance was when i met a person that the Lord immediately warned me to remove myself from their presence .
I Listened....

Guess who i saw on the news a few months later?
That very same man had murdered his girlfriend and her daughter.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
I dont find anything amusing about a murderer,

I have heeded the Ruach Haqadosh for yrs,. And have especially heeded warnings.
IOW you're claiming direct divine revelation for yourself and to yourself. Montanism: it's heresy, and you've just claimed it for yourself.

One instance was when i met a person that the Lord immediately warned me to remove myself from their presence .
I Listened....
You're claiming divine revelation for yourself and to yourself again. Anyone can make such claims. In fact, lost people get the same gut feelings about persons and avoid them. It is not biblical, nor does it prove one's supposed spirituality, and is pure subjectivism.

Guess who i saw on the news a few months later. That very same man had murdered his girlfriend and her daughter.
Hmmm...from the guy who tells others to take in felons as if that were his practice, yet he avoids one himself and glories in it.

Quite sanctimonious.

Dec 4, 2017
IOW you're claiming direct divine revelation for yourself and to yourself. Montanism: it's heresy, and you've just claimed it for yourself.

You're claiming divine revelation for yourself and to yourself again. Anyone can make such claims. In fact, lost people get the same gut feelings about persons and avoid them. It is not biblical, nor does it prove one's supposed spirituality, and is pure subjectivism.

Hmmm...from the guy who tells others to take in felons as if that were his practice, yet he avoids one himself and glories in it.

Quite sanctimonious.
Self control is needed.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
This isn't your traditional Christian story, but thought it might help some people see what a good church does, see where we start and end, and who our alpha and omega really is.

Medium sized article. Took me about 2 minutes to read. (That added, simply because I don't usually go to links unless I know how long it will take. lol)

https://corechristianity.com/resour...en-a-cussing-heroin-addict-shows-up-at-church
Thanks for sharing that, it was a true blessing to read!

Dec 4, 2017
Yes it is. Now that you know this and got my point to you, my prayer is that you'd heed it.
So, do you have a problem with The Testimony i Just gave concerning the Holy Spirit.?

From: Sha’ul, an emissary of the Messiah Yeshua by God’s will, which holds forth a promise of life through being united with Messiah Yeshua
2 To: Timothy, my dear son:
Grace, mercy and shalom from God the Father and the Messiah Yeshua, our Lord.
3 I give thanks to God, whom, like my forbears, I worship with a clean conscience, as I regularly remember you in my prayers night and day. 4 I am reminded of your tears, and I long to see you, so that I might be filled with joy. 5 I recall your sincere trust, the same trust that your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice had first; and I am convinced that you too now have this trust.
6 For this reason, I am reminding you to fan the flame of God’s gift, which you received through s’mikhah from me.

7 For God gave us a
Spirit who produces not timidity, but power, love and self-discipline.

8 So don’t be ashamed of bearing testimony to our Lord or to me, his prisoner.

On the contrary, accept your share in suffering disgrace for the sake of the Good News. God will give you the strength for it, 9 since he delivered us and called us to a life of holiness as his people. It was not because of our deeds, but because of his own purpose and the grace which he gave to us who are united with the Messiah Yeshua. He did this before the beginning of time, 10 but made it public only now through the appearing of our Deliverer, the Messiah Yeshua, who abolished death and, through the Good News, revealed life and immortality.

11 It was for this Good News that I was appointed a proclaimer, emissary and teacher of the Goyim; 12 and this is why I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, because I know him in whom I have put my trust, and I am persuaded that he can keep safe until that Day what he has entrusted to me. 13 Follow the pattern of the sound teachings you have heard from me, with trust and the love which is yours in the Messiah Yeshua. 14 Keep safe the great treasure that has been entrusted to you, with the help of the Ruach HaKodesh, who lives in us.
15 You know that everyone in the province of Asia turned away from me, including Phygelus and Ermogenes. 16 May the Lord show mercy to the household of Onesiphorus, because he was often a comfort to me and was not ashamed of my being in prison. 17 On the contrary, when he came to Rome, he diligently searched for me and found me. 18 May the Lord grant it to him to find mercy from Adonai on that Day. And you know very well how much he helped me in Ephesus.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
So, do you have a problem with The Testimony i Just gave concerning the Holy Spirit.?
Yes I do.

But He may also have one with you by your claiming Paul's writings as bearing testimony to yourself and not according to their original theopneustos.

But you're brazen in that way, unafraid to abuse Scripture while attempting at the same time a rebuke of others who expose your false teachings as if they've offended the Holy Spirit in so doing.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Yes I do.

But He may also have one with you by your claiming Paul's writings as bearing testimony to yourself and not according to their original theopneustos.

But you're brazen in that way, unafraid to abuse Scripture while attempting to the same time to rebuke others who expose your false teachings as if they've offended the Holy Spirit in so doing.
i wasnt teaching anything,.
I gave a testimony of what The Ruach Haqodosh(Holy Spirit) warned me about a person.
and that the very same person i was warned about murdered his girlfriend and child.

As far as the article is concerned, i addressed the web page.
Until attacked for speaking the Truth.

I pray you are not Calling the Holy Spirit a liar?

Dec 4, 2017
Thank you. It's a big part of my testimony now.
Something i would say to any person recovering from addiction to controlled substances.
Remain strong and encouraged that there are many believers praying for them.

https://luxury.rehabs.com/drug-abuse/classifications/
[FONT=&quot]All of these drugs, with the exception of anabolic steroids, are considered to be psychoactive – meaning they affect one or more of the mental faculties including mood, feelings, thoughts, perception, memory, cognition, and behavior.

Additionally, [/FONT]
use of these drugs can be associated with a host of physical, mental health, and personal complications,

Last edited:

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017
The part that made me laugh is when she said shit, I can only imagine all the religious people freaking out as if they did not have wrose thoughts in their minds, it remind me of a story. A preacher was visting a Church and said I have a three point sermon and it will only take about 10 minutes, all the members laughed because we all know when a preacher says he will be done in 10 minutes that means he is just starting his sermon and it will be anothet 30 minutes at least. So the preacher says, 70,000 people are going to hell each day and you done give a damn. He goes on to say that the bad part is that most of you in here do not care that 70,000 people are going to hell, but the worse part is all of you are more concerned that I said damn then you are about the 70,000 people going to hell each day.

That's how religious people are in the Chruch today, people were mopre concerned with anna saying shit then her being in the Church looking for fellowship with believers, how sad it is for us. I heard that when all the hippie started coming to Calvary Chapel in Costa Mesa that the members were saying that all these hippies coming to Church barefoot is making the carpet dirty, Chuch Smith told the member if that was the problem he would have the carpet removed. It was more important with him to have these hippies hearing the Gospel over having clean carpet. Chuch had his problem with doctrine, but his heart was for people hearing the Word of God.

FlSnookman7

Jun 27, 2015
Matthew 25:35-40 King James Version (KJV)

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Dec 4, 2017
Matthew 25:35-40 King James Version (KJV)

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Amen.

As ive testitfied before hand here in this very thread.
Not once have i ever visited a congregation and been turned away.

The Body of the Holy One and his have always been a welcoming warm and hospitable place to forget any weariness of hate the world has injured me with.

And if ever i had a complaint, it was addressed with the person directly.

And to address the website for the errors they put forth to cause a stumbling to the Children as an offense.
They should have listened to the Lord in his warning about offenses and millstones.
Because there are those who can toss millstones like pebbles.

Each article of written account has been addressed as being tares of the enemy.
And have no part with the Light of the Body.

If this is hard to hear.
Then think of how a child might see this behavior.
It is like two adults in a room while in the presence of a child, boasting of each others self righteous deeds. And all the while inferring with opinionated judgement about the childs pain.
Never once letting the Child speak.

Disgusting filth with no compassion do this to a child in the Lord because their hearts are hardened and their conscience seared.
They have no concern for the well being of the Child.
They only intend to boast like the man that thanks the Lord for not being a sinner like a drug addict.

And then the cowards will not even address the Evil ones pushing the narcotics.
No instead, they prey further on the already victimized child to boast with a twisted and perverted heart on how they dont look down on the victims.

Not one single Tear is Shed.

It breaks my heart to see such callousness seared in people these days.

Musicus

Oct 26, 2017
what mirror?

recovering from heroine addiction is no small matter to be cavalierly spoken of.
The criminal element have used these substances for decades if not centuries to plague mankind with all manner of cruel measures.

The world and its evil has permeated so much that murderers kill church goers and school children.
And if anyone tolerates such evil, then turns on the Congregations and tells them to, "look in the Mirror", is not of God.

They are of the liar.

The severity of heroine and many of the other street pharma being pushed on society by the cartels is an old enemy that means to destroy a country within.
May I inquire, what exactly is your experience regarding substance addiction, abuse, and recovery? And may I also ask why you twisted my words?

Dec 4, 2017
May I inquire, what exactly is your experience regarding substance addiction, abuse, and recovery? And may I also ask why you twisted my words?
it is none of yours or anybody elses business to be spoken of over the internet.
Like i said before, cowards refuse to address the evil that is the issue.
And that is the drug cartels and pushers.

How did i twist your written account?

Last edited: