When an evil spirit leaves a man..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

vahn

Luke 11:24-26
"When an evil[h] spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' 25When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. 26Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first."

This verse sticks out to me. Is this true for believers or for non-believers or both? If you sin unknowingly, is it any different than if you did knowingly? I don't feel like being 7 times worse than I was before. That would be a lot.

A

AgeofKnowledge

As soon as an exorcism is complete, you need to present the Gospel and pray with that person to receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and savior. God needs to come in and live with them.

S

Saint

sinning with the knowledge is far worse, look at 2 Peter 2:20-22 which tells us that if someone who is saved sins, then it would have been better for them to not have known the way of righteousness. Also look at Hebrews 10:26, which talks about delibrately sinning after receiving the knowledge of the truth.

C

Chris_Aussie

This verse sticks out to me. Is this true for believers or for non-believers or both? If you sin unknowingly, is it any different than if you did knowingly? I don't feel like being 7 times worse than I was before. That would be a lot.
Lol mate if that were the case I'd be stuffed, if we all got those when we sinned knowingly my name would be 'Overcrowded.'

Don't fear them. when you understand what is in you as a Christian you contain a part of God. A demon is just a crappy little reject angel thing. God don't fear them its the other way around.

One time one came to me in my sleep when I was 18 it held me down and was like stopping me breathing. I was a Cristian then and I was so scared. It came again soon after. This time as soon as I felt it and it was near me i commanded it go away in the name of the lord Jesus and never return. It left fast.
You could do it all week with it if you want to, if its stupid enough not to stay away.

Knowing you are filled with the Holy spirit because your a Christian means It can't get in you.
But I'm hearing you bout the I just sinned thing the thought crossed my mind to bout what you ask if they have a right to you if you have. The devil will play on that.

I think the lord knows we will stuff up with sin and will only take the protection away if we reject the holy spirit...or its in his plan to allow it like Job. If God is in you never fear them.

cheers Chris

Jul 30, 2010
Luke 11:24-26
"When an evil[h] spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' 25When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. 26Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first."

Sometimes those 7 more wicked spirits dont return till 10, 20 years later. They will try to take that peace away and shake your foundations in Christ when you least expect it. They dont just go straight in, they stir trouble first, one thing after another until they get that human reaction from us they want, then slowly day by day they wear us down until we leave that doorway open for them and forget to trust Christ. We have to be aware at all times.

May 21, 2009
The point the verses are trying to make is you need to keep filling yourself up more and more with God.

The 7 demon story is for saved and unsaved.

If someone wants to keep sinning that is their choice.

Lets say one has a demon of pride. They think they are all that. In other words they have given their life over to being controlled by a demon.

The demon would not have the power over the person if the person would remember we are to be humble thanking God at all times.

The person has to want to change.

If they don't want to change then they will not. They have most likely been told over and over by God and by people. But they think their better, more holy, more smarter on and on.

One could tell the demon to get out but if the person still won't change their ways the demon has a right to bring 7 others worse than himself to lead the person to be even more worse.

They are better off just left with the demon.

Actually if a person has pride they have all kinds of other demons inside already. Most likely talking about all those other people they think their so much better than. Probably jealous of everyone. Bitter, filled with hate and unforgiveness, selfish, self centered, belittling people, crushing the people down to make thier own self feel big, on and on.

Its our jobs to keep learning more and more about God. So if we didn't know something was sin its our lack of knowledge. We are to grow more and more everyday. If we didn't know it was sin then we didn't know. But as soon as we find out we can change.

Its all about we better be checking with the Holy Spirit all the time. Asking Him if their is anything in us we need to change or get better at. And truely in our hearts want to know the true answer. Many ask God if their is something they need to change but they really don't want to hear and they really don't want to change.

S

silverwind

In Mark 16 just before the ascention Jesus says this:

“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they[b] will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

19 So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. 20 And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.

Should we worry so much about how evil spirits/demons affect us? We should go and use the power Jesus promised us when we believe in Him. Too many Christians spend time worrying about how to avoid the evil spirits and 'what if this happens to me' mentality when we actually have the POWER to release others from them. If we have Jesus, we are protected from demon possession.

I

Israel

In Mark 16 just before the ascention Jesus says this:

“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they[b] will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

19 So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. 20 And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.

Should we worry so much about how evil spirits/demons affect us? We should go and use the power Jesus promised us when we believe in Him. Too many Christians spend time worrying about how to avoid the evil spirits and 'what if this happens to me' mentality when we actually have the POWER to release others from them. If we have Jesus, we are protected from demon possession.

Good post! You might've unknowingly made the most imformational post on this subject. In His name they will cast out demons. The key is the next statement which sheds true light on what it means to have an evil spirit leave a man. "THEY SHALL SPEAK WITH NEW TONGUES."

Proverbs 18:20-21

A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
21Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Proverbs 21:23

Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.

Life and death are in the power of the tongue. What we say can truly be hurtful to another. So this evil spirit that leaves a man is the words that come out of his mouth.

John 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

2 Peter 2

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in ****able heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their ****ation slumbereth not.
4For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
7And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
8(For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
9The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
10But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
11Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
12But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
13And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
14Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
15Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
16But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.
17These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
18For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

We must be careful of what we say as truly the spirit of our mouths hold life and death.

May 21, 2009
Sadly most Christians are not doing as the word of God tells them to do. We are told not to hate. We are told to forgive. We are told to not be jealous. We are told to not be bitter. On and on.

So sadly because Christians don't do as Jesus says they are filled with demons. Have demons attached to them.

Cleanse your selves of filth.

People are also told to not worry just as you said but they do worry. To worry makes them powerless.

Sadly the demons don't care one bit whether one claims they are Christian or not. All the demons care about is if the door is open for them to come crawling in.

The open doors of hate, unforgiveness, jealousey, bitterness and worry are all doors the demons love to crawl in through.