When does the resurrection of those in Jesus happen?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

stillearning

When does the resurrection
of those in Jesus happen?
Good Question.

When man dies they do not rise until the heavens are no more.
Job 14:7-17 (NKJV) “For there is hope for a tree, If it is cut down, that it will sprout again,
And that its tender shoots will not cease. 8 Though its root may grow old in the earth, And its stump may die in the ground, 9 Yet at the scent of water it will bud And bring forth branches like a plant. 10 But man dies and is laid away; Indeed he breathes his last And where is he? 11 As water disappears from the sea, And a river becomes parched and dries up, 12 So man lies down and does not rise. Till the heavens are no more, They will not awake Nor be roused from their sleep. 13 “Oh, that You would hide me in the grave, That You would conceal me until Your wrath is past, That You would appoint me a set time, and remember me! 14 If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait, Till my change comes. 15 You shall call, and I will answer You; You shall desire the work of Your hands. 16 For now You number my steps, But do not watch over my sin. 17 My transgression is sealed up in a bag, And You cover my iniquity.
2 Peter 3:10-13 (NKJV) 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
Heaven and earth pass away then the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven.
Revelation 21:1-4 (NKJV) Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

We should have no doubt when the resurrection of the righteous happens (Scripture says It happens In the Last day) This happens before we receive our spiritual bodies according to 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 listed 4 scriptures down the page. In the scripture below even Martha knows the truth about last day resurrection - You don't see Jesus saying "No Martha you have it all wrong this happens at the rapture 7 years earlier". By the way, How many last days are there? One, the last day.

John 11:23-26 (KJV) 23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. 24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. 25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
What day did Jesus say he will raise those that the Father draws to Him?
By now I know You guest it right. The last day
John 6:44 (KJV) 44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and will raise him up at the last day.
When will Jesus raise those who eat his flesh and drink his blood?
John 6:53-54 (KJV) 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

We now know when the last trump is
(The last day)
(It happens at the same time the resurrection of the righteous happens) according to 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 listed below. The dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye. (Jesus said the resurrectionisat the last day) Who is right men's theories or Jesus?

1 Corinthians 15:51-57 (KJV)
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, (((((((((((((at the last trump))))))))))))): for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

See if you can figure out by this next scripture when that great day of the feast is.
John 7:37-38 (KJV) 37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
I have had pretrib people suggest to me Jesus really did not know what He was taking about in the end times for sure and he admitted it in the next scripture. This is a very dangerous stance to take. Before he says "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only" He says His words shall not pass away. We can rely totally on His words. Its not so funny that a theory (such as the pretrib rapture) a precept of man, can tempt people to deny what the Lord said.
Matthew 24:35-36 (KJV) 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Why is it dangerous? If a theory can get you to deny one word of Christ you will bring upon yourself swift destruction.
2 Peter 2:1-2 (KJV)1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in ****able heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

If you do not receive the words of Jesus, you are rejecting him.
John 12:48 (KJV) 48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

2 John 9-11 (KJV) 9 Whosoever transgresseth, (to teach contrary to) and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, (teachings and instructions of Christ) hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. 10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine,(Something contrary to the teachings and instructions of Christ)receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

G

greatkraw

well you make really big posts with really big quotes and really big fonts so you must be right

shouldnt you change your nic to stillteaching?

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
And the bride of the Lamb will be at the marriage supper of the Lamb. Think about it.

G

greatkraw

yes

His bride hath made herself ready; didnt take long

J

jeff325

That was very well put, thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading threads that are backed by scripture.

J

jeff325

Oh ya and that was cool that you made it big print, it makes it a lot easier to read.

Feb 3, 2010
hey....could you speak up?

I am trying to learn something here!

Jan 8, 2009
(((((((((((((at the last trump)))))))))))))

Even font this size won't convince pre-tribbers they are wrong. LAST means last.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
(((((((((((((at the last trump)))))))))))))

Even font this size won't convince pre-tribbers they are wrong. LAST means last.
Hey, I don't buy the pretrib mess either. But, I will be at the marriage supper of the Lamb.