When will God grant us our requests

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yaeger1

I just read 1 John and that book said if we ask for what is in acord with his will and we know that He hears us He will grant it to us, now what does James say or anywhere else in the Bible?

Y

yaeger1

note: he hears us becuase we ask what is his will

Y

yaeger1

i found what i was looking for in James feel free to discuss however...

C

concernedguy

I just read 1 John and that book said if we ask for what is in acord with his will and we know that He hears us He will grant it to us, now what does James say or anywhere else in the Bible?

Christ said we are to be ready for all good works. Christ said ask what you will in My Name and for my
glory and it will be granted. This is in keeping with the command to be ready for all good works.
Matt 6:33 says to seek first the Kingdom of Heaven and all things will be added to you.

What you are asking for is not the issue. The issue is if what you are asking for will bring glory to God
once it is granted? If so, God will deny no good thing to His Children that seek to follow Him.

G

Graybeard

i found what i was looking for in James feel free to discuss however...
well please could you share that what you found that you where looking for....

Y

yaeger1

sure, 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does. thats James 1:6-8

D

Deadtosin

sure, 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does. thats James 1:6-8

Amen.

and Kudos for searching.. knock and the door shall be ___________ Seek and you shall __________
again, kudos.

Status
Not open for further replies.