when you worship how does it physically affect you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

charisenexcelcis

Brrrrr.... there's a definite chill in the air...didn't get past the first sentence, did ya?
As if there is no joy to be found in "giving to God". Yours was not a caution, not a setting of priorities--"all of these are fleshly" was your cry. You set up two mutually exclusive sets, not I.

I

iliveforHim

Awwww, man, I go to town when I worship!
The joy of singing to the Lord takes over my body, soul and spirit! I raise my hands to direct my energy towards the heavens, I close my eyes because when I do, even though I'm surrounded by other lovers of Christ, I'm in my own world with Him and just Him, and I'm having a private moment when I'm telling Him what He means to me, and He is listening to me! That's what's most amazing! I fell Him surrounding me...I cry because my spirit rejoices and my human self cannot hold the incredible emotions that over take me. I used to be embarrased to cry while during worship, I couldn't understand why my throat would tie up in knots when we would sing a song that was full of beautiful lyrics created just for Him. Now I understand that I cry because I am Ingrid, and that's how Ingrid's emotions manifest themselves, and there's nothing wrong with that or with being me...no shame, only pure, untainted, incredible joy and love for my Creator!!!!

:)

G

Graybeard

someone please tell me why i dont feel God's presence please! its making me lose my faith. its hard to love someone when you have no emotion or sign that shows they love you to. :(
Have you forgotten this verse?
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

yes, it makes me feel like God has left me long ago. i never ever feel his presence, i never feel a tad bit of emotion when i worship and pray. i just want god to give me the patience i need to still have faith, for my faith right now is hanging by a thread. :(
true. but it wouldn't hurt anyone for god to give me a sign that he is still there with me....
Heb 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

G

greatkraw

GOD made us exactly like HIMSELF

GODs own emotions have destroyed people
and
even caused HIMSELF to repent for makiung us.......mankind

HE loved us soo much HE died for us
in the most horrific and shameful torrid death possible
and was beaten beyond all recognition
to save us from a burning eternity forever

IF GOD has emotions for us to commit HIMSELF to death for our salvation
THEN
we WHO ARE MADE in the image and likeness of GOD
WILL BE EMOTIONAL
in our worship to HIM
YEAH,AND NOW YOU got all those poor young Christians expecting to feel a certain way and wondering what is wrong with them - great

G

Graybeard

i mean i have felt his presence before, but that was sooooo long ago. now when i pray or worship god, i feel like i am alone talking to myself. idk what i gotta do. i guess this is the part when i must be patient and wait upon the lord. :( but the problem is, how long do i gotta wait....... i dont wanna wait for a year or two, my faith will be gone by then. :( i got enough evil temptations as it is, and not feeling god for a looooooooong time is making me fall, making me give in to temptation. :(
Think on this:

Jas 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Jas 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
Jas 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

G

Graybeard

There are sooo many scriptures displaying emotions...how can people say emotions are of the flesh??...when you are convicted, is that not an emotion you feel?
"do not grieve the Holy Spirit"....sounds like the Holy Spirit has emotions.
look up joy in the Word....too many to quote...is that not an emotion?
"Jesus wept"....gee...He even had emotions.
we are created in the image and likeness of God....including His emotions.
God gets angry....not an emotion?
It pleases God when His people obey Him.....not an emotion?
and the list can go on and on and on.......

To suppress ones emotions is because of pride and bitterness in ones heart.

G

greatkraw

i mean i have felt his presence before, but that was sooooo long ago. now when i pray or worship god, i feel like i am alone talking to myself. idk what i gotta do. i guess this is the part when i must be patient and wait upon the lord. :( but the problem is, how long do i gotta wait....... i dont wanna wait for a year or two, my faith will be gone by then. :( i got enough evil temptations as it is, and not feeling god for a looooooooong time is making me fall, making me give in to temptation. :(
Dude, if you felt something all the time.

There would be NO NEED FOR FAITH.

And THIS is why many people are hung up on Glossolalia

G

greatkraw

Have you forgotten this verse?
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Love is a VERB(action) not a NOUN(feeling)

G

Graybeard

Love is a VERB(action) not a NOUN(feeling)
I don't get what you are saying...the OP posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by callthe5o
someone please tell me why i dont feel God's presence please! its making me lose my faith. its hard to love someone when you have no emotion or sign that shows they love you to.
The verse I posted shows just how much God loves us that He sent His only begotten Son to save us...proof of Gods love for us

Jan 8, 2009
Faith and feeling go together I think. Imagine if you were in a relationship and you felt no love from your partner. The faith of biblical men and women of God always was accompanied by feeling and fact. Their faith was kindled or sometimes re-kindled by dramatic, emotional and powerful encounters with God.

In fact Acts 17.27 says we should feel after God:

"That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:"

W

wwjd_kilden

Greatkaw
1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.

you can do acts of "love" without love
(ie surrendering your body to the flames....)

G

greatkraw

Greatkaw
1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.

you can do acts of "love" without love (ie surrendering your body to the flames....)

EXACTLY; love is what you DO

despite how you FEEL

C

callthe5o

well, thanks everyone for helping me out,........ i appreciate it.

C

ChristsArmorBearer

I don't know what to tell you callthe5o, except from I feel the exact same way.
I used to feel his presence though not strongly, now I feel nothing. Like I could just as well be talking to the walls.

I am guessing all we can do is pray and read the bible. and perhaps if you are literally trying to feel him it doesn't work because it is you trying and not Him doing?
very true sis, worship isn't about us but him. however, when you feel this way, I have learned from personal experience that God is a God who loves to search men's hearts and that God loves when we begin to search out His heart. That's what prayer, study and worship is all about. Seeking after Him.

In those dry moments when it feels like you are in a deserted place, just remember that in the bible any time God led someone to the desert place, not only was God trying to show them something, they were also on the doorstep of recieving God's promise.

In Matthew scripture reads something like this: "Do not be anxious concerning the clothes you will wear or the food you will eat.... Our Father in Heaven knows you need these things before your ask. Seek ye first His Kingdom and all these things will be added to you." (I personally believe that the word "kingdom" can accurately be translated to mean "pressence" because in order to have a kingdom, a king must be present. To enter into any kingdom is to journey into a king's personal territory.)

If you pursue God with all your heart, mind, and soul (which oddly enough would include our emotions) and do your very best to put him first in every area of your life, He is more than willing to pour His blessings out all over you.

Last edited:
W

wwjd_kilden

and

thank you ChristsArmourBearer. I'll try to remember that

C

charisenexcelcis

Dude, if you felt something all the time.

There would be NO NEED FOR FAITH.

And THIS is why many people are hung up on Glossolalia
I agree. Our faith is not based upon our emotions. Almost always our faith produces emotion, but faith first. As for the "hang up" on glossaleia, it was not a African-American or Scotch-Irish obsession with emotion that allowed the Pentecostal movement to start in those subcultures, but the Northern Germanic "hang-up" about the body that made them and contines to make them reluctant about it.

W

wwjd_kilden

but chorintians says faith is NOTHING without love

C

charisenexcelcis

but chorintians says faith is NOTHING without love
Love is the natural action of true faith in God. If you say you have faith and do not have love, it means nothing. I don't think the two ideas are at odds.

W

wwjd_kilden

but you guys claim yoi CAN have faith without love