where is Adams sin

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

maverich

Jun 27, 2017
back for a visit
Where in scripture, does it say explicitly that Adam sinned, I see trespass and transgression which are not sin, it has been imputed, by all but a few that Adam, sinned.
Romans 5:12 thru 14 that by one man sin came into the world. Is there a definitive scripture was Adam.
My thoughts as always are meant to make people think. Paul said that sin came by the law. if that is true then Adam couldn't be the one man, it would have to be Moses. Moses is also the first person to break the law, making the case, that, no one can carry the law without breaking it.
Sin: missing the mark
trespass: everyday screwups
Transgression: willful disobedience
Iniquity: continued willful disobedience
I know the inspired word of God offends some people, but this is all in scripture, but I guess study and meditation, sometimes could be to hard for some
THE LONE RANGER

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
“Sin,” “iniquity,” and “transgression” all communicate
the same idea: evil and lawlessness, as defined by God.

maverich

Jun 27, 2017
so Jonah, david , and a lot of other OT saints were in your opinion really evil even though God loved them and this is why i really am throwing pearls to swine, nobody reads the bible nobody trys to learn and there is certainly no understanding.
If any of you had ever met Jesus face to face, you wouldn't spout or write such out and out nonsense
The bible says God hates evil, did he kill Adam. no did he kill cain no david murdered was he killed, no paul killed believers, he was surely put to death, oh no he wrote most of the new testament.
children teeaching children
I am gone.

KelbyofGod

Oct 8, 2017
“Sin,” “iniquity,” and “transgression” all communicate
the same idea: evil and lawlessness, as defined by God.
I don't see what was so offensive in this reply...*shrugs*

And *hugs* for Magenta :)

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
If I remember correctly, Eve offered him the apple (after she bit it) and he ate of it.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
so Jonah, david , and a lot of other OT saints were in your opinion really evil
In God's opinion David did evil.

even though God loved them
Yes, God even loves such an evil doer as you! ;)

nobody reads the bible
Nobody but you? Wow, you sure can spin 'em.

nobody trys to learn
Nobody but you? Quite the ego you have there :eek:

and there is certainly no understanding.
Certainly none from you :)

If any of you had ever met Jesus face to face, you wouldn't spout or write such out and out nonsense
I have met Him face to face.

I am gone.
Good. Bye.

Redeemed2015

Jul 2, 2014
No, this proposed idea is not in scripture.

The word commonly translated as "Law" in the bible is the Hebrew "Torah". And the word "Torah" literally translates as "instructions"/"commands".

Sin is defined as the "transgression of G-D's "Torah"(Law, Instructions, Commands).
G-D's "instructions" to Adam were "do not eat of the tree".
Adam transgressed this "command" from G-D when he ate of the fruit, and therefore sinned.

You're over-complicating and drawing inaccurate conclusions.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017

But clearly confusing several things.
Where in scripture, does it say explicitly that Adam sinned
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life (Gen 3:17).
So when a person disobeys a direct commandment of God, is that a sin or not?
I see trespass and transgression which are not sin...
Trespass and transgression mean breaking God's commandments or laws, which is indeed sin. Adam broke God's commandment. "Sin is the transgression of the Law".
Romans 5:12 thru 14 that by one man sin came into the world. Is there a definitive scripture was Adam.
Who do you think was the first man who ever sinned? Was it not Adam?
Paul said that sin came by the law. if that is true then Adam couldn't be the one man, it would have to be Moses.
Obviously you failed to understand what Paul was saying. Paul made it crystal clear that sin existed from Adam to Moses. The only thing that was absent was the exact sins which constituted sinfulness, and those were covered in the Ten Commandments. So "
sin is not imputed when there is no law" means that the specific violation was not put as a charge against the sinner, but it was a generic violation of God's commandments.
Moses is also the first person to break the law, making the case, that, no one can carry the law without breaking it.
This is bizarre. Just because Moses broke those tablets of stone does not mean that he was the first person to break the Law. And since he carried the second set of tablets without breaking them, that refutes your bizarre notion.

Last edited:

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
If I remember correctly, Eve offered him the apple (after she bit it) and he ate of it.
The poor apple gets blamed unnecessarily. I wonder who came up with the notion that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was an apple tree? (No doubt some medieval artist who did not read the Bible). If the apple was really as depicted, no one would eat an apple a day to keep the doctor away.:)

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
so Jonah, david , and a lot of other OT saints were in your opinion really evil even though God loved them and this is why i really am throwing pearls to swine, nobody reads the bible nobody trys to learn and there is certainly no understanding.
The bible says God hates evil, did he kill Adam. no did he kill cain no david murdered was he killed, no paul killed believers, he was surely put to death, oh no he wrote most of the new testament.
I am gone.
God hates sin which is evil which is any transgression against His perfect will..

But at the same time God Loves us transgressors who sin against his will..

So he hates what we do but at the same time Loves us...

This is so basic.. Christianity 101..

You seem not to have learned the basics and now call people who are grounded in the truth swine....

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
As for Adam::

God told Adam not to eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil..
God also told Adam that if he ate from that tree he would surely die..

Adam disblieved Gods Word and believed the lie of satan..

Adam ate of the fruit of the tree..

Disbelieving God is Sin. Believing a lie is Sin also. On both counts Adam sinned .

The importance of Believing in the Word of God is well established in the Bible..

John 3: KJV
18 "¶ He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Last edited:

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
The law is just a command from God, and breaking a command is disobedience to God, which is sin. Adam had one command (law); "Do not eat from the Tree of Knowledge, of Good & Evil". Whereby, A&E were the first to break the law, and sin entered the world through them.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
back for a visit
Where in scripture, does it say explicitly that Adam sinned, I see trespass and transgression which are not sin, it has been imputed, by all but a few that Adam, sinned.
My thoughts as always are meant to make people think. Paul said that sin came by the law. if that is true then Adam couldn't be the one man, it would have to be Moses. Moses is also the first person to break the law, making the case, that, no one can carry the law without breaking it.
I know the inspired word of God offends some people, but this is all in scripture, but I guess study and meditation, sometimes could be to hard for some
THE LONE RANGER
Here's something to wrap your head around...
We know in Genesis 3 that Eve must have been alone when the serpent spoke to her. No mention of Adam until after she had eaten the fruit.
1 Timothy 2:14
Adam was deceived not. Eve was deceived and was in the transgression.
So why did Adam who was not deceived eat the fruit after all in verse Genesis 3:6?
Look in verse 17...perhaps Adam was in fear of what God would do to Eve. Perhaps he loved her so much he did not want to be separated from her. Remember God said if they ate of it they would die.
So he did eat. He chose of his own will to disobey God...even though he was not tricked by Satan.

Last edited:
D

dalconn

We know in Genesis 3 that Eve must have been alone when the serpent spoke to her. No mention of Adam until after she had eaten the fruit.
So why did Adam who was not deceived eat the fruit after all in verse Genesis 3:6?
Look in verse 17...perhaps Adam was in fear of what God would do to Eve. Perhaps he loved her so much he did not want to be separated from her. Remember God said if they ate of it they would die.

...or maybe he was just beat down as many men are :p

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017
back for a visit
THE LONE RANGER
Romans 3:19-20 “Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God.20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.”

I am gone.

Really talk about not studying the Bible, i
nteresting Luke wrote more of the New Testament then Paul may have written more letters than Luke because the book of Luke and Acts were possibly one letter of the histroy of Jesus' ministry written to Theophilus.

Luke 1:1-4 “Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile a narrative of the things that have been accomplished among us,2 just as those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word have delivered them to us,3 it seemed good to me also, having followed all things closely for some time past, to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus,4 that you may have certainty concerning the things you have been taught.”

Acts 1:1-3 “In the first book, O Theophilus, I have dealt with all that Jesus began to do and teach,2 until the day when he was taken up, after he had given commands through the Holy Spirit to the apostles whom he had chosen.3 He presented himself alive to them after his suffering by many proofs, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God.”

Luke wrote these two letters/books to/for
Theophilus, some say it was one complete work in his letter/book that carries his name and the book of Acts. Even if Paul wrote the letter/book of Hebrews which is highly doubtful, the quality of the book of Hebrews' Greek leans more to the style of Luke then Paul, but that has not been proven either. But even if Paul had written the letter/book of Hebrews, Luke would of still written more of the New Testament by volume (words) then Paul. Paul wrote more letters than Luke, but not more of the New Testament.
https://overviewbible.com/author-wrote-most-bible/

Romans 7:7-12
“What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.”8 But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead.9 I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died.10 The very commandment that promised life proved to be death to me.11 For sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me.12 So the law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.”

I wonder if it killed Paul in the same way that Adam surely died. The beauty and wisdom of the Scriptures. Proverbs 16:17-20,

“The highway of the upright turns aside from evil; whoever guards his way preserves his life.18 Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.19 It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud.20 Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.”

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
It also says in 1Timothy 2:15
Eve would be allowed to bear children if 1-continued in faith 2- charity 3-holiness 4- self control
They lost many things. They began to die after eating the fruit. Remember, they were perfect creations...immortal.

Last edited:

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016

...or maybe he was just beat down as many men are :p
Dalconn...they were perfect creations! God saw to that! Immortal...living in paradise...what could he have possibly been beat down about?...there was no sin...

Are you beat down my sweet friend? Caffiene and chocolate...and Jesus...helps Everytime! ;)

Last edited:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. Genesis 3:6