Where is the balance?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
When we seek His face, and find the vision of His face, these questions fly away. God is perfect. I can't explain it any better than that. We look for balance, and justice, and fairness, but these things do not exist in this world, only in a place in our minds. And when we see His justice, our ideas of justice are seen for what they are, stupid and empty and worthless. (Just about like our righteousness.)

You ask a good question though, because as His children, we are not to condemn, ever. If God wishes to condemn someone, and if He wants them to know through us, then He will make that known to us. It is one of the important reasons that we have been given the mind of Christ through the Spirit living in us. I always remember what Jesus said about His words, (which is how He delivered His judgments,) that every word He spoke were the words that He heard His Father speaking. We can have no better example.

In His love,
vic
Thankyou vic, Good words and I agree. I guess Im still trying to figure out if there is a place where we are to stand against wrong. Im told by some that I should call out wrongs against me. But I struggle with the fact that I do not see this helping the person. I keep seeing overcome evil with good.
Im just trying to understand where we are to stand against the acts of another and accuse.
If there is a point where we can sin in compassion?
Thankyou again vic, God bless, pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Bible does say that the government does not carry the sword in vain, consequences always come from sin, judges have a hard job, yet they balance their sentences on all the facts presented to them at the time, we might not like some judgement, yet i believe that they are judged even more so on judgement day. Jesus is against injustice, false witnesses, judgement for gain and profit or even political expediency yet Jesus will have the final say.

every time i hear of an atrocious crime my heart goes out to the offender as much as the victim, no one wins really except the devil killing stealing and destroying lives, damage is felt by both respective families not just the perp and victim
Amen on this.
God bless, pickles

K

karuna

There is scripture about the goverment and how we are to serve the laws of the world.
That's what I'm saying. :) Originally, I quoted Jesus telling us not to judge or condemn. Someone wanted to know how that would apply to criminals. I didn't think it was particularly pertinent as a Christian not in a position of legal authority, but he did ask.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Thankyou vic, Good words and I agree. I guess Im still trying to figure out if there is a place where we are to stand against wrong. Im told by some that I should call out wrongs against me. But I struggle with the fact that I do not see this helping the person. I keep seeing overcome evil with good.
Im just trying to understand where we are to stand against the acts of another and accuse.
If there is a point where we can sin in compassion?
Thankyou again vic, God bless, pickles
Pickles,

I believe, with all that I am, with all that God has revealed to me, that the only way to not sin is to be lead by the Holy Spirit. This is the only sure way to please God in this walk.

I fail so often in this, and now I recognize right then when I walk in myself, following my ideas of right and wrong, and stop listening to the Spirit. Each time I am shown where I walked not in Him, it is darker, because I see the darkness better.

When Jesus was accused, unjustly, He remained mute, He did not open His mouth against His accusers. The reason for this is so deep in the nature of God, that He is the only just One, and that He will meet out judgment and punishment Himself, in His own good time. It is written in the prophets that every drop of blood that has been spilled will be answered for. We know that every word and thought and deed will be brought to light, His light, to be seen for what they are. We can only bring ourselves to His light to illuminate ourselves. If He gives us a judgment about a thing or a person, it is for His reasons, and not because of our thoughts about right and wrong.

Blessing in His name,
vic

C

charisenexcelcis

First, I must say that I am grateful that God's mercy toward me was well "out of balance" to his wrath. The key to the balance is that God's wrath regarding sin was poured out on Christ on the cross. Those who will not receive that grace, put themselves again under that wrath. This is why, in one sense, it can be said that no one goes to hell because of sin, but rather because they have rejected the gift purchase by the lifeblood of Jesus.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Pickles,

I believe, with all that I am, with all that God has revealed to me, that the only way to not sin is to be lead by the Holy Spirit. This is the only sure way to please God in this walk.

I fail so often in this, and now I recognize right then when I walk in myself, following my ideas of right and wrong, and stop listening to the Spirit. Each time I am shown where I walked not in Him, it is darker, because I see the darkness better.

When Jesus was accused, unjustly, He remained mute, He did not open His mouth against His accusers. The reason for this is so deep in the nature of God, that He is the only just One, and that He will meet out judgment and punishment Himself, in His own good time. It is written in the prophets that every drop of blood that has been spilled will be answered for. We know that every word and thought and deed will be brought to light, His light, to be seen for what they are. We can only bring ourselves to His light to illuminate ourselves. If He gives us a judgment about a thing or a person, it is for His reasons, and not because of our thoughts about right and wrong.

Blessing in His name,
vic
Thankyou vic, I had an impression of being more bold against wrong. I was having difficulty diserning if it was from Jesus of simply pressure from others. The part you spoke to with Jesus remaining mute has been more on my heart though. I just tend to question myself on these things because I am a big softy and want to be sure in Jesus. I see some stand in rightousness and wonder if I am failing in this. But I never have the heart for it and never the words.:D
Im sure in Jesus, God Our Father will let me know through His Holy Spirit , but I never discount the witness of my bro and sis in Jesus. :D
Thankyou for your heartfelt words.
God bless, pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
First, I must say that I am grateful that God's mercy toward me was well "out of balance" to his wrath. The key to the balance is that God's wrath regarding sin was poured out on Christ on the cross. Those who will not receive that grace, put themselves again under that wrath. This is why, in one sense, it can be said that no one goes to hell because of sin, but rather because they have rejected the gift purchase by the lifeblood of Jesus.
I like the way you said this, I had not heard it put this way.
Thankyou. :D
God bless, pickles

Feb 27, 2007
Thankyou vic, I had an impression of being more bold against wrong. I was having difficulty diserning if it was from Jesus of simply pressure from others. The part you spoke to with Jesus remaining mute has been more on my heart though. I just tend to question myself on these things because I am a big softy and want to be sure in Jesus. I see some stand in rightousness and wonder if I am failing in this. But I never have the heart for it and never the words.:D
Im sure in Jesus, God Our Father will let me know through His Holy Spirit , but I never discount the witness of my bro and sis in Jesus. :D
Thankyou for your heartfelt words.
God bless, pickles
If we all "stood" then where would the soft place to fall within the body of Christ be?
My husband is a soft place to fall & sometimes I really worry that my standing may come off as judging!!! Its good to be exactly as you are M!.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
So many times, there is harm done by judging according to what we know. There is never harm done by judging according to the Spirit's leading, by listening to the voice of the Son of God. We can know, beyond any doubt, that if we judge according to what He reveals, it will always work the will of the Father. I believe, but do not make a doctrine of it, that we can also know, with fair certainty, that if we judge according to our knowledge, that the will of the Father is not being done.

For I see the judgment of God as bringing about repentance, conviction, salvation, life. Or, His judgment will bring about righteousness. When Jesus judged the religious leaders of His day, we can know beyond any doubt that it was a righteous judgment, and that it brought about righteousness. By the same token, these very same leaders judged Jesus, and condemned Him to death on the cross. This unrighteous judgment, God made into a holy sacrifice that became to us life from the dead.

His ways are truly above ours, like the stars are above the earth.

In His love,
vic

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Thankyou imoss and vw!
In Jesus, God bless, pickles