Which country have the most Christians?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

worldlover

honestly, i think USA has the most number of Christians what do you think based on your research 'coz to me it's just a guess.:)

W

wwjd_kilden

define christians :)

In norway, many say they reckon themselves as christian, yet they don't believe in Christ *shakes head*

W

worldlover

in my simple understanding, Christians as the believers of GOD:)

W

wwjd_kilden

ok (by my understanding they have to believe that Christ was and IS God's son, and died for our sins) :)

Jan 8, 2009
USA then Brazil and China.

The country with largest % of christian is Falkland Islands and Vatican city, followed by the South Americas.

G

Grey

I don't think China would be included.... most Chinese are athiests.

S

socperkins

I don't think China would be included.... most Chinese are athiests.
Yeah but in a country with that many people, even the minority is quite a lot.

M

mcubed

in my simple understanding, Christians as the believers of GOD:)
This brings up a great theological question... Who is G-d? The word god is soooo generic!!! I love what someone else said on here (I'm sorry I do not remember your sign-on name) however this perpson said only Yeshua is Messiah (Jesus is G-d) Is absolutely correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Salvation is through Him and by Him ALONE no matter what RACE a person happens to be!!!! Is Allah god???? Many think so.... Was Confucius?... Was Buddha? Or is the god that humanism says that is the god within us really god?????? Too many people I talk to believe in god yet say there are many ways to heaven. The point is .... What does a person believe about Yeshua to be a "Christian"????????????

H

HumbleSaint

I had read that, what was it 75% or 80% percent of Americans were Christians. But how many of them are acctualy Christians? Thats the big question.

G

glory_girL

the country in Europe maybe.
I think Italia is one of the country in the world that have the most christian.

J

Jennifleur

I had read that, what was it 75% or 80% percent of Americans were Christians. But how many of them are acctualy Christians? Thats the big question.
Exactly. Many will call themselves Christians because they've been to church a few times, or because they believe in God but don't want to call themselves agnostic. Few pray more than two minutes a day, most never read their Bible, many don't even believe Hell is a real place (which goes against what Christ taught, and removes the necessity and urgency of sharing the Gospel with the world). Many will tell you that, while they are "Christians", they don't believe the Bible, that there are many ways to Heaven, etc. We do have a core of evangelical believers here, but the number is smaller than survey statistics would have you believe. As far as the world is concerned, perhaps the US has the most Christians (at least, as far as a percentage of population goes). But, as I said, the numbers are a bit skewed, so it is difficult to figure out for certain.

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
honestly, i think USA has the most number of Christians what do you think based on your research 'coz to me it's just a guess.:)
That's not a fair comparison, because the USA population is quite large. Percentage would be a more interesting statistic. In that regard, Canada would probably be equal.

There was a famous East Indian Christian that Leonard Ravenhill spoke with. Leonard asked this fellow what the percentage of real Christians are in India. He said about 2.5% of the Christians were true Christians. Then Leonard asked, how about America? And he replied: 2.5%.

So, according to this fellow (Baq Singh is how his name is pronounced I think) only 2.5% of the people in the world that claim to be Christian, are Christian. Scary.

Quest

Last edited:
J

Jason83

I would agree with the 2.5% or even less in regards to actual Christians in the US. This is solely based upon my personal experience with interacting with people I have worked with, went to school with or spent time with in other places. Honestly, many people claim to be Christian out of habit or because that is what they were told when they were children, but it really doesn’t go any further than spending a hour a week in a church because it is a tradition to them.

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
I would agree with the 2.5% or even less in regards to actual Christians in the US. This is solely based upon my personal experience with interacting with people I have worked with, went to school with or spent time with in other places. Honestly, many people claim to be Christian out of habit or because that is what they were told when they were children, but it really doesn’t go any further than spending a hour a week in a church because it is a tradition to them.
I wonder if anyone here knows about this East Indian fellow Baq Singh. I've tried Googling for information but I obviously am not spelling his name correctly.

Anyone??

Quest

G

greatkraw

You are quite right

and when the rapture happens the USA will be decimated and devastated by losing so many of its key people.

Europe will hardly notice a handful of its people disappearing and so will become the main superpower

this will prepare the way for the antichrist

Jan 8, 2009
It tends to be the smaller states such as the islands and south american states who have the largest % of christian.

rafaelsald

Dec 30, 2009
85% or 90% of brazilians are christians.
75% of brazilians christians are Catholicans and 25% are Protestants.

I think 75% of brazilians protestants believes in Prosperity Gospel.
I think almost 70% of catholicans don't go to church (christianity cultural).