White Coat Hypertension

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 8, 2020
At the doctor's office, while measuring my blood , I felt pain in my arms and during which ,I felt pretty uncomfortable and a bit palpitation , the measuring process last quite long and the readings was higher than measurement at home by at least 40 points.....While measuring, my hand is not being placed on the doctor 's desk ...The bp monitor is being placed on doctors desk and I am sitting at least 6 inch away the doctor's desk during the measurement..(because of covid 19)..Would this affects the readings? While at home , I follow the typical instructions while measuring the blood pressure. Like my arm place on the desk at heart level, my feet on the ground. and the reading is quite normal below 130/80 . However, I still have a concern . Pray that I can sleep good tonite ..Please pray keep in prayer.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Those blood pressure cuffs are enough to raise your BP, being that they make your arm feel like it's going to explode :oops:

If you get a high reading, it should be taken again if it seems abnormal.

You should also be completely relaxed while taking such a measurement :)