who are the Genesis sons of God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

WomanLovesTX

Jan 1, 2010
After much study of the 6th day, I noted “God made them in “His image”. Immortals.They are not angels or demons. God made the Host of them. Their number never changes. These are neither male or female and cannot procreate.

Gen. 6:2 “sons of God” took daughters of “men” and made them wives and bearing children and these same “giants” became mighty men which were of “OLD, men of Renown.

” Mankind (8th day) will become immortals just as Jesus is now immortal.

6:6 What grieved God? That the immortals had mated with the mortals? And the LORD said, “ I will destroy “man”, and those things He “created” (spoken into existence on the 5th day?).

Noah found grace because he had a pure blood line back to Adam and Eve who are mortals, and noting “because the giants were in [those days] and [also after that].” <- the flood?

Remember this: God expelled Adam and Eve from the garden so that they could not eat of the tree of Life and become immortals knowing evil for eternity.

Are these 6th day creation of male and female those giant, architects and builders of the Pyramids, and great wonders, and crop circles? Who and where are they? Can we know? Does undertanding the beginning aid understanding the end?

C

Crazy4GODword

oooh great, i studied this before when i was in Genesis in the past......I think i got it....i might be wrong...but i think i got the first part

Sons of God could either mean "Angels" or "Men of God (Godly)"

Now in this verse and context it is talking about the sons of Seth who the Messiah come out from...not Cain or Abel (who was slain by Cain)

WordGaurdian

May 1, 2011
Hi there.
Your questions interest me, so I'm gonna try to give you another "view point"
Firstly for the part that they were neither male nor female and cannot procreate....
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

What grieved God?
Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Concerning giants...
Deu 2:10 The Emims dwelt therein in times past, a people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims;
Deu 2:11 Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites call them Emims.

Jos 13:12 All the kingdom of Og in Bashan, which reigned in Ashtaroth and in Edrei, who remained of the remnant of the giants: for these did Moses smite, and cast them out.
These were giants after the flood, else how could Moses smite them. Also the story of David and Goliath.
And here is the catch. There were only eight people in the ark of Noah. Therefore the giants came out of a pure bloodline.

Were Adam and Eve giants? I really don't know. Their size of their bodies was not indicated. Being Immortal? God never said any one of us is immortal. Besides in that regard we all live by the grace of God anyway.

Where do pyramids come from? Well I don't know. But my best guess would be either the egyptions build it, or the pyramids are the remnants of the Tower of Babel (just a theory ... seeing how the pyramids is actually build on scale in syncrynisation with the stars and are directly at the same angle as what you need to enter earth's atmosphere and the different pyramids in the worlds is actually on the same gridline. We know
Gen 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

Which basically states they started to make something BIG. And seeing that the pyramids are, well BIG. IT could be related. Maybe. Again just a theory. Not an actual proven truth.

Well, hope this helps. kind Regards...

WomanLovesTX

Jan 1, 2010
Hi there.
Your questions interest me, so I'm gonna try to give you another "view point"
Firstly for the part that they were neither male nor female and cannot procreate....
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

What grieved God?
Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Concerning giants...
Deu 2:10 The Emims dwelt therein in times past, a people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims;
Deu 2:11 Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites call them Emims.

Jos 13:12 All the kingdom of Og in Bashan, which reigned in Ashtaroth and in Edrei, who remained of the remnant of the giants: for these did Moses smite, and cast them out.
These were giants after the flood, else how could Moses smite them. Also the story of David and Goliath.
And here is the catch. There were only eight people in the ark of Noah. Therefore the giants came out of a pure bloodline.

Were Adam and Eve giants? I really don't know. Their size of their bodies was not indicated. Being Immortal? God never said any one of us is immortal. Besides in that regard we all live by the grace of God anyway.

Where do pyramids come from? Well I don't know. But my best guess would be either the egyptions build it, or the pyramids are the remnants of the Tower of Babel (just a theory ... seeing how the pyramids is actually build on scale in syncrynisation with the stars and are directly at the same angle as what you need to enter earth's atmosphere and the different pyramids in the worlds is actually on the same gridline. We know
Gen 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

Which basically states they started to make something BIG. And seeing that the pyramids are, well BIG. IT could be related. Maybe. Again just a theory. Not an actual proven truth.

Well, hope this helps. kind Regards...
I don't quite understand where you are coming from. I am stating that the 6th day creation of male and female are not the same as Adam who was "formed" from the ground. When Adam was made, God could not have said on the 6th day that He made them male and female if He was talking about just the one and only male named Adam. He is only male and female is not created yet, until after all the animals that Adam names. God told the 6th day creation of male and female to be fruitful and multiply. He did not tell Adam and Eve until after they had fallen and been expelled from the garden that He would multiply Eve's sorrow and her conceptions and in her sorrow should would bring forth children. God is talking about human (mankind) having children and it wasn't to be easy. The two accounts are not the story of just Adam and Eve. They are two different stories. This is the premise of my study. Without validating my premise we are just not on the same page at this time.

Because they are later referred to as "sons of God" noting the sons is all in lower case. God has no Son of God or Son of Man yet at this point. God did say he made these 6th day creation of male and female "in his image". So one must consider what is God's immage? Here is a lists of some (perhaps not all) of things I have noted of God's Image.

What is God’s image?

God is omnipotent = all-powerful.
God is omnipresence = Being present everywhere.
God is omniscience = Capacity to know everything infinitely.
God is immortal = eternal, no beginning and no ending.
God is one. (Deut. 6:4, Romans 3:30, Galatians 3:20, James 2:19)
God is holy. (Psalm 99:9)
God is spirit. (John 4:24)
God is light. (1 John 1:5)
God is love. (1 John 4:8, 1 John 4:16)
God is the founder and father of creation by His command (spoken or even thoughts)
God is the father of Adam whom He “formed” from the dust of the ground.
God is still the father of fallen Adam and all who came after sinful Adam.
God is merciful.
God is faithful (to His oaths and promises)
God is gracious.
God is wrathful
God is grieved.
God is righteous

Could it be that these 6th day creation of male and female are 1) immortal (Jesus born mortal then becomes immortal and Jesus is "Son of God". Capital S. We humans are mortal and someday will be immortal as Jesus already is. Also could this 6th day be Knowledgable, powerful, able to move one from place to another (God is in all places at one time). Can you see any of God's Image in Adam and Eve?

I am eluding to a strong belief that these 6th day beings are not humans (however they are called men and man, although they are never mentioned as mankind). There is so little said about them, but perhaps God has given enough to those who study all the scriptures to validate His scriptures.

I spoke of only angels not being male or female. I spoke of angels not being able to procreate (fruitful and multiply). I spoke of angels as God made the Host of them. (there number at the time God created them is still the number of angels there are - that number never changes - otherwise He could have killed off the demons in the battles that His warrior angels fought when trying to get to Daniel.)

I am eluding that these creations of God did not die in the flood, because they are immortal. Because they have way more knowledge than us puny people, they have the capability to do anything they imagine (just as God created) but these cannot make ANYTHING THAT ISN'T ALREADY MADE BY GOD. ONLY GOD CREATED ALL THINGS THAT ARE. These 6th day creations I view as those children with Lego's and their imagination is unlimited of possibilities. The children didn't make the Lego's, they used the Lego's to create objects.

I am eluding to the real possibility that UFO and ET and crop formations are from these 6th day creations. This being said, the question is are they benevolent as God is benevolent? Are they "speeding" up their being known because their "purpose" is near.

If the beginning represents the ending, then I feel it is very good to understand the two. If they are the same in the beginning as they are in the ending, can we then have confidence in understanding these things about Pyramids, other phenomenal objects that baffle us how could it have been done. If we only think that we are the only people God ever created, then our minds are shut off to knowing and understanding the other creations.

WordGaurdian

May 1, 2011
Oh Ok I see. I missed you there for a bit. Sorry, my apologies.
What you say makes perfect sense now.

Say what you are saying is that you do not think that this man and the man Adam was the same man.

Ok when I read the following I kind of get the impression, Adam was the first man made by God.
Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
Gen 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

However still it does not technically say that...so let's take a look at the sons of God then.

Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Job 2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.
Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
Job 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Ok, so there is two possible theories
1 of course being that you are right and there are in fact two seperate creations of man
2 that when God created the heavens, he also created His sons. We know Jesus is not the only son of God. But He is the only begotten Son of God.

That these sons, seeing that they committed attrocities are the demons. And they have been cast out of Heaven as a result, seeing how satan could present himself infront of God together with His sons.

I am a bit struggling to find the part in Ezekiel where satan was cast from Heaven by God. I was trying for a bit. But I am running out of time since it is now 10:51pm here in South Africa. So I'll try and see if I can find some more info on this, btw Ezekiel definately has some "flying saucers" in it. Take a look at chapter 10. So, sorry, but I'm gonna have to get back to you. I gotta work tommorow.

Blessings and Good Evening...

WordGaurdian

May 1, 2011
Oh yes, before I go... I have a theory for you for the Image of God...

See Man is made out Soul, Spirit and Body
and God is Father, Holy Spirit and Jesus

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Just a thought... maybe it helps.
God's Image are three but one, Our Image is three, yet we act as one.

Good Night...for real this time...

WomanLovesTX

Jan 1, 2010
Oh Ok I see. I missed you there for a bit. Sorry, my apologies.
What you say makes perfect sense now.

Say what you are saying is that you do not think that this man and the man Adam was the same man.

Ok when I read the following I kind of get the impression, Adam was the first man made by God.
Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
Gen 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

However still it does not technically say that...so let's take a look at the sons of God then.

Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Job 2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.
Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
Job 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Ok, so there is two possible theories
1 of course being that you are right and there are in fact two seperate creations of man
2 that when God created the heavens, he also created His sons. We know Jesus is not the only son of God. But He is the only begotten Son of God.

That these sons, seeing that they committed attrocities are the demons. And they have been cast out of Heaven as a result, seeing how satan could present himself infront of God together with His sons.

I am a bit struggling to find the part in Ezekiel where satan was cast from Heaven by God. I was trying for a bit. But I am running out of time since it is now 10:51pm here in South Africa. So I'll try and see if I can find some more info on this, btw Ezekiel definately has some "flying saucers" in it. Take a look at chapter 10. So, sorry, but I'm gonna have to get back to you. I gotta work tommorow.

Blessings and Good Evening...
In regards to till the ground.
“When God first situates man in the garden that he planted in Eden, the text says, The LORD God took the man and placed him in the garden of Eden, to till it and tend it. (Gen. 2:15). The word to in the last clause of the verse can mean that God positions man in the garden for the purpose of functioning as its caretaker rather than as a passive occupant. Were the final clause not included, we would have no clues as to what man would actually be doing in the garden. The phrase to till it and tend it, however, suggests that man will be involved in the same kind of active caretaking that the text spoke of in 2:5. The text also implies that by placing man in the garden, God expands mans caretaking role for the grasses and shrubs of the field to include every tree that was pleasing to sight and good for food, as well as, with the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and bad, that God plants in Eden (Gen. 2:9). For a being that has just been created, man is being entrusted with big responsibilities by God. Man will spend his time in the garden tending to it and keeping it alive rather than sitting idly by while God does all of the work.” http://etext.virginia.edu/journals/abraham/sjsr/issues/volume1/number2/sjsr01-02-e04.html

I do not find solid reference to demons being the sons of God. God never called any of the angels "sons". I believe if that was the case, the scriptures would have made it very clear. Since at this time we are speculating, if the 6th day males and females (I will now switch to plural as they were fruitful and multiplied) are known as the sons of God and not demons known as that.

Your Bible references from Gen and Job, I do not believe where demons. Satan did present himself, as he is the dark world leade of earth, but the "sons of God" would be these 6th day males coming before God. They are made immortals, but would also relect their Fathers characteristics. They had the right to come before God as they chose to. They are called "sons of God". They may have been on earth before Satan and demons fall, but could be the other way since I need to further study on that matter. "sons of God" refers to them as "children of God". Just as we mortals will be "sons of God" and our brother Jesus is the "Son of God". Why would it be out of the norm for the children of God to come and see God? And not demons as you proposed. I really don't think Satan would allow any demons to come before God, considering his proudful nature. However, the story of Job does give us the immpression that Satan and his demons have to have permission from God to put us in harm. Satan is an active agent working for God. Oh what a low blow for Satan.

Remember, one of my purposes of this two Genesis accunts is so that we may know the beginning to understand the end. If these "sons of God" who are immortal, have free access to their Father and Creator, then in the end when we mortals are made in the image of Jesus being immortal, there in this new body/spirit (if body is the correct word) be able to come and go speaking with God and Jesus?

You are bringing up some very good ideas and questions.

Do you have any comments about UFO, ET, crop formations, Pyramids and other phenomenal structures and stones? I admit, I saw that on History channell and enjoyed x-files and ET and other science fiction movies, but in these so called "sightings" and "abductions" I blew off as one of Satan's tricks to confuse us. But now I don't believe that. I believe these "aliens" are benevolent and are coming more frequently because they have a "purpose" (hopefully from God). Sure, they did take dominion of the daughters of Adam and that was wrong. So, I do have to be leary of saying they are trustworthy. I am being cynical towards them. They have come peacefully thus far. And if they are our neighbors, maybe brotherly love is in order. I don't know.

For the most part, I find them to be the builders of all these phenomenos absolutely reasonable. No mankind could do it, but giants with supernatural powers could.

S

Scotth1960

oooh great, i studied this before when i was in Genesis in the past......I think i got it....i might be wrong...but i think i got the first part

Sons of God could either mean "Angels" or "Men of God (Godly)"

Now in this verse and context it is talking about the sons of Seth who the Messiah come out from...not Cain or Abel (who was slain by Cain)
These "sons of God" are definitely godly men, not angels. Angels are bodiless powers, and can not do anything bodily. So they could not, they would be incapable of, mating with humans. These were godly Israelites who mated with the daughters of men. Human relations. There is no such thing as angel- human, or demon- human, intercourse. Fallen angels cannot mate, either.
Take care.

C

Crazy4GODword

These "sons of God" are definitely godly men, not angels. Angels are bodiless powers, and can not do anything bodily. So they could not, they would be incapable of, mating with humans. These were godly Israelites who mated with the daughters of men. Human relations. There is no such thing as angel- human, or demon- human, intercourse. Fallen angels cannot mate, either.
Take care.

ya people say angels mated with women...weird stuff...

Jul 30, 2010
After much study of the 6th day, I noted “God made them in “His image”. Immortals.They are not angels or demons. God made the Host of them. Their number never changes. These are neither male or female and cannot procreate.

Gen. 6:2 “sons of God” took daughters of “men” and made them wives and bearing children and these same “giants” became mighty men which were of “OLD, men of Renown.

” Mankind (8th day) will become immortals just as Jesus is now immortal.

6:6 What grieved God? That the immortals had mated with the mortals? And the LORD said, “ I will destroy “man”, and those things He “created” (spoken into existence on the 5th day?).

Noah found grace because he had a pure blood line back to Adam and Eve who are mortals, and noting “because the giants were in [those days] and [also after that].” <- the flood?

Remember this: God expelled Adam and Eve from the garden so that they could not eat of the tree of Life and become immortals knowing evil for eternity.

Your question is a little confusing? I dont know where you get the 8th day when mankind will become immortal? Can you please show me where it says this?

Are these 6th day creation of male and female those giant, architects and builders of the Pyramids, and great wonders, and crop circles? Who and where are they? Can we know? Does undertanding the beginning aid understanding the end?
Man was created on the sixth day. Not the angels. The angels were created way before earth was already created.

Look at the geneology in chapter 5. Noah was 500 years old when he begat Shem. This would of been the year 1056. (Count back Noah from Adam & Eve)

So around the year 1056, the sons of God mingled with men. The question is who are these sons of God that came into the daughters of men? These sons of God started mixing with the women and they produced mighty men. Men of renoun. God saw the wickedness. So these Sons of God are not holy.

Look in Job 1:6-7 to find out who God calls his sons. There was a meeting in heaven.

L

Laodicea

Genesis 4 speaks about Cain's descendants who did not follow God while Genesis 5 speaks about Seth's descendants who did follow God, those who followed God (sons of God) mingled or intermarried with those who did not follow God(daughters of men) and we read about the result of this union in chapter 6. In the same way today union of churches or church members with those who do not follow God is weakening the church for does not the Bible say that a friend of the world is an enemy with God? The church of Laodicea is lukewarm neither hot or cold and God will spew us out if we are in a lukewarm condition just as He did before. Matthew 24 says "As the days of Noah were..."