Who DO You Love More?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 27, 2011
Who DO You Love More?

Some of us claim that we love JESUS more than anybody while we really do not love Him. How can we say that we love JESUS and at the same time we are lying to save our fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, friends etc?

When we lie to save these people or do evil things in order to please them or make them happy; it clearly shows how we love them more than we love JESUS. How can we say that we love JESUS while we are not doing the things He wants us to do? He has said that we should not lie but we lie to save or please ourselves, families, friends, parents, sons and daughters.

How can we love JESUS but do things contrary to His words? When we do things contrary to His words, it clearly shows how we love ourselves, parents, friends, families, sons and daughters more than Him. We should stop fooling ourselves that we love JESUS while we do not really love Him.

We should take special note and remember that JESUS said “He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who love son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and he who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me”.Really, some of us love our fathers or mothers more than JESUS that is why our fathers or mothers may ask us to do evil things and we accept to do them. Again, some of us love our sons or daughters more than JESUS that is why we do evil things for their sake and to please them.

My dear, it is for our own good and happiness for us to love JESUS more than anything on earth. So do what JESUS has said you should do in His word.Give thanks and praises to the Holy Father in Heaven who loves you more than you love yourself; and also love Him more than anything on earth.
Thanks,

T.M.Pelekeh.

T

Theophane

Indeed!

If our highest allegiance isn't to Jesus and the Kingdom but rather to this world, we may be mistaken about our own identity. What is our true citizenship? Where is our true home? There is nothing we own that we can take with us to the Undiscovered Country. Whatever pride of life we nourish here on Earth will eventually be snatched from our desirous hands. Summer homes, classic cars, designer handbags and autographed sports memorabilia ... into nothingness. Poof!

S

Sose

I worry that about my self a times exactly what your say it so true and how these little details of lies for family member are over look and not seen as that bad but they are when protecting some one from little or a lot of trouble. your Right this should be spoken out against. and revealed of our love of who we love with there sin more than GOD.standing up for sin that what were doing if we do that. good Thread

Y

yuwinti

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them."