Who is the God Jesus serves?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 12, 2017
1 Cor 15:28- And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the son also himself be subject unto Him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

7seasrekeyed

ahem

I have a question actually

how can you be 24 and saved in 1970?

Marital Status:married

Spiritual Status:

Christian

When saved:1970

I don't usually look at profiles; only when something seems not quite right

like your op question for instance

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
1 Cor 15:28- And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the son also himself be subject unto Him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
The Son is Eternal God but as the God/man He subjects Himself to the Father.

John 8:58 NKJV
[58] Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

notmyown

May 26, 2016
ahem

Spiritual Status:

Christian

maybe HE'S Doctor Who?

:p

Mar 28, 2016

I would offer as a faithful Creator he is self serving not served by human hands in any way shape or form.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Call me cynical, but threads of this sort eventually end up with the OP denying the Trinity and/or asserting that Jesus cannot possibly be God.

Sep 6, 2017
[video=youtube;BmiDZcQ_s50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmiDZcQ_s50[/video]

May 11, 2014
ahem

Spiritual Status:

Christian

You could say he was "ahead of his time?" :D

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
The Son is Eternal God but as the God/man He subjects Himself to the Father.

The Son is not eternal, as written in 1 Tim 6:16, "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen. "

John 8:58 NKJV
[58] Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."
To say that Jesus was referring unto himself doesn't even make sense grammatically, much less scripturally since it is written in John 5:31 "If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true."

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The Son is not eternal, as written in 1 Tim 6:16, "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen. "

To say that Jesus was referring unto himself doesn't even make sense grammatically, much less scripturally since it is written in John 5:31 "If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true."
CJB Isaiah 9:5 For a child is born to us, a son is given to us; dominion will rest on his shoulders, and he will be given the name Pele-Yo'etz El Gibbor Avi-'Ad Sar-Shalom [Wonder of a Counselor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace],

DBY Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name is called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty *God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace.

ESV Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

KJV Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

NAS Isaiah 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
ahem

Spiritual Status:

Christian

Some Calvinists believe they were saved before they were born ; but I have never known anyone who tried to date precisely how long before they were born.

Oct 9, 2017
I see you also moved to this web site hope you can get some answers to the question????

J

jaybird88

that would be the Father would it not? the one Jesus says is greater than the Son.

7seasrekeyed

Call me cynical, but threads of this sort eventually end up with the OP denying the Trinity and/or asserting that Jesus cannot possibly be God.

call me cynical 2.0, but we have the question and you may have supplied the answer

7seasrekeyed

Some Calvinists believe they were saved before they were born ; but I have never known anyone who tried to date precisely how long before they were born.

I'm going with option 1

not believing in the trinity

J

jaybird88

I see you also moved to this web site hope you can get some answers to the question????
what happened to the other site? they were gone, back, now gone again.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
John/Yahanan 7:16-17, "Yahshua answered, them, and said: My doctrine is not Mine, but His Who sent Me. If any man will do His will, he will know about this teaching, whether it comes from YHWH, or whether I am speaking of My own authority."

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Isayah 45:18, "For this is what YHWH, Who created the heavens, Who is the Strength, Who formed the earth and made it, Who has established it, Who did not create it in vain, Who formed it to be inhabited, says: I am YHWH, and there is no other source of power!"[/FONT]

Oct 12, 2017
ahem

Spiritual Status:

Christian

I rarely put personal info online; the 1970 is correct!