who is this?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JimM1228

do you mean elijah?

F

FaithfulChristianMan

If by Malachi 4 v5...

5Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

...you mean Elijah then there is some seemingly relevant information on the wikipedia here: Elijah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
However, this passage is likely referring to a "manifestation of Elijah in the time leading up to the dreadful day of the Lord" which is perhaps viewed as John the Baptist as referenced here:
Matthew 11:14 and Matthew 17:10-13.

I'm not solid on this information, but that's an idea.

Mar 22, 2011
hi JIM M1 AND F.C.M .GOD bless you both in the precious name of JESUS CHRIST. YES JIM , i ment Elijah as its written in the verse. i know JOHN THE BAPTIST FULFIILED the part where it says he'll turn THE HEART OF THE FATHERS TO THE CHILDREN. But do you know who fulfill THE CHILDREN TO THE FATHERS ?

Mar 22, 2011
I BELIEVE ELIJAH THE spirit of him will come again on a MAN, TO CALL THE BRIDE OUT OF THE MOTHER WHORE CHURCH AND HER DAUGHTERS.REVELATION CHP18 .HAPPENS BEFORE REVELATION CHP 11

Feb 14, 2011

read revlation 11:3---11. the 2witnesses.
ilijah was taken up
moses body was taken up jude1:9
luke9:30 moses and ilijah (the transfiguration)
now you know.

''wakeup''.

Mar 22, 2011
yes WAKEUP . GOOD MORNING.THAT SO TRUE . BUT THERE HAS TO BE AN ELIJAH FOR THE BRIDE : WHO SAYS :"behold the bride groom cometh" JOHN D BAPTIST SAID " BEHOLD D LAMB OF GOD THAT TAKE AWAY D SINS OF D WORLD."

Feb 14, 2011
i dont know where you are coming from; stone; what scripture are you quoting?
re; the groom and the bride?

''wakeup''.

G

Gentile

Matthew 25:6

Mar 22, 2011
GOD bless you gentile. thats the scripture Wakeup. Matthew 25:6

J

Jullianna

Enoch was also taken up.
Genesis 5 -
21 When Enoch had lived 65 years, he became the father of Methuselah. 22 After he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked faithfully with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters. 23 Altogether, Enoch lived a total of 365 years. 24 Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.
Hebrews 11 -
5 By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: “He could not be found, because God had taken him away.”[a] For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. 6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jude 1:9 - But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"
I didn't find any scriptures indicating that he was taken up, only that they fought over his body..... Does anyone have one?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
MALACHI 4 -

4Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
5Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: 6And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

What about this?:

Matthew 11

1And it came to pass, when Jesus had made an end of commanding his twelve disciples, he departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities.
2Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,
3And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?
4Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:
5The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.
6And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
7And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind?
8But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses.
9But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.
10For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
11Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
12And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
13For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. 14And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

and this:

Luke 4 - 14 Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside. 15 He was teaching in their synagogues, and everyone praised him.

16 He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read, 17 and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”[f] 20 Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jullianna

Deuteronomy 34 says Moses died:
5 And Moses the servant of the LORD died there in Moab, as the LORD had said. 6 He buried him[a] in Moab, in the valley opposite Beth Peor, but to this day no one knows where his grave is. 7 Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died, yet his eyes were not weak nor his strength gone. 8 The Israelites grieved for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days, until the time of weeping and mourning was over.

So apparently Michael and satan fought over a dead body.

Mar 22, 2011
MY DEAR PRECIOUS SISTER, GOD BLESS YOU. NOTICE JOHN THE BAPTIST FULFILLED THE PART WE'RE ITS WRITTEN : HE SHALL TURN THE HEARTS OF THE FATHERS TO THE CHILDREN. NOT CHILDREN TO THEIR FATHERS.

J

Jullianna

Ah, I see. You're headed in a different direction than I thought. Let me study this for a time and get back with you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 22, 2011
God bless u my precious sister.

J

Jullianna

The children of Israel are expecting one like Moses to appear again:

Deuteronomy 18 - 14 The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the LORD your God has not permitted you to do so. 15 The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him. 16 For this is what you asked of the LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, “Let us not hear the voice of the LORD our God nor see this great fire anymore, or we will die.”

17 The LORD said to me: “What they say is good. 18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him. 19 I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name. 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.” 21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.

They are also expected Elijah - John 1 and others mentioned above.

The witnesses described in Rev 11 use methods similar to those of Moses/Elijah to lead others to repentance - plagues/droughts/supernatural means

Both of them DID appear at the Transformation. I cannot say this was NOT the fulfillment of the above prophesies, but I would expect more than a few to witness such, especially since those who witnessed it were admonished not to speak of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Questions the above bring to my mind (not to chase any rabbits, just something lingering in the back of my mind re: this issue :) ):
Hebrews 9:27 - Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment

We know that Moses died (see Deut 34 reference above). Rev 11:7-10 describe the deaths of the witnesses. This would result in Moses having died twice IF he is one of the witnesses.

But we know that Elijah and Enoch did not taste death, again from the scriptures above.

So, even though Moses/Elijah were present at the Transfiguration and Enoch was not..I'm still pondering what to do with Enoch. If he's NOT one of the witnesses, he does not die the death of Hebrews 9:27 (that we know of scripturally) and Moses would be dying twice if he IS one of them... So, I'm still sifting this..

Matthew 25 - "At midnight the cry rang out: 'Here's the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!'

We also have:
Matthew 24:31 - And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

and
I Thess 4:16 - For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

So, I can't be certain that Mt 25 is referring to a non-angel or someone other than the Lord, Himself.
----------------------------------------------------------------

It would appear that, word for word, the fulfillment of the second part of your sentence is not recorded in the scriptures. However, time after time in the scriptures we find the latter following the former; they are so often closely knit together.

EXAMPLE:
Ephesians 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. 2 Honor thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; 3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. 4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Also, we do see that, through the work of Christ and the Spirit, the hearts of children are turned everyday toward the faith of their fathers. Which brings me back to:Luke 4 - 14 Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside. 15 He was teaching in their synagogues, and everyone praised him.

16 He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read, 17 and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”[f] 20 Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

I do agree with you though that I do not feel the order of things described in the Revelation is as chronological as we humans have numbered it. Dreams/visions/revelations are not always recalled in chronological order, nor are events described in the scriptures as a whole.

So, let us continue in our faith, cling to the hope we have in Him and be prepared for the Bridegroom, whenever and whomever gives the call. :)

Would love to read more of your thoughts. God bless you.