Who Runs the Church?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2009
The Bible is a very long book, and I’m guessing a lot of people don’t read it for that reason. Why do you want to make it longer by adding the book of Enoch? In my apocrypha/new testament apocrypha/pseudepigrapha days I believe I checked it out, read a few paragraphs, got bored with it, and took it back to the library. Should I have read on?

J

Jezreel

The Bible is a very long book, and I’m guessing a lot of people don’t read it for that reason. Why do you want to make it longer by adding the book of Enoch? In my apocrypha/new testament apocrypha/pseudepigrapha days I believe I checked it out, read a few paragraphs, got bored with it, and took it back to the library. Should I have read on?

If I were you, Iwould lay down the book of Enoch for right now and would just seek salvation and justification by faith and keep things from being complicated. Let every man work out his own salvatin with fear and trembling. We all have to seek daily our need of Jesus. The book of Enoch was found in the dead sea scrolls and basically says the same thing that Wallace translated when he went to Etheopia to obtain it. That was hundred of years ago. There was a Christian group of believers in Etheopia who held onto the book of Enoch. They were not affected by the decision of those church fathers to keep it out of the cannonization.

Arel

Banned
Sep 25, 2009
The Mormon bible and JW bible is completely different because they are new man written testimonies that are bearing false witness. Take the Dead Sea Scrolls for example. These are ancient writings that were found by a sheperd boy that have the book of Isaiah that says exactly the same thing as the original Isaiah. It also contained the book of Enoch.
The book of Mormon and JW bibles are a joke.
Regardless, they still take the Word and add to it.

Jan 31, 2009
and until around 1850's all english translations had the APOCRYPHA BOOKS in them. I have an copy of the orginal KJB 1611 and they are inthere I have read them, see nothing wrong with them. so if all the modern day translations are closer to the orginals than the KJB, why did they ommit these books also, John says :

Joh 21:25And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Not everything was recorded as well as not everything that was Done by Jesus is necessary for us to obtain salvation, as well we do not need every book that was ever written by a prophet, to Know God, so all this bickering about the Word of God and what is in it and what is not in it is so unnecessary, we have or should have enough of The Word of God to be able to learn the way God would have us to be, I mean it iss amost like more gun laws , the ones that are already law, can't be enforced now And someone all the time is wanting more gun laws , why do we need more Bible we can't even go by what we have now. we are like a bunch of spoiled brats we don't even use what we got much less thank God and respect it as the Word of God and we just sit around complaining about what books aren't in there, Take what we have got cherish it with all we have, study it with every minute we have. and protect it.

Arel

Banned
Sep 25, 2009
You don't even follow the whole bible! So obviously G-d didn't give enough for you to learn what He wants.

Jan 31, 2009
thanks for the advice, but since you said that you didn't use the whole Bible, I will stick with what God said in His word Over what you tell me. I will put him first everytime over you and everyone else that attacks Him or His Word , but don't think of it as such bad thing for I put Him first over people that I know also loves His word and tries to edify it instead of tearing it down

Ac 4:19But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.